PDA

View Full Version : GameStop.co.uk offer exclusive WHITE 320gb PS3!

Gemini-Phoenix
09-09-2011, 11:05 AM
GameStop.co.uk have just announced that as of the 1st of November they will be exclusively offering a WHITE 320gb version of the PS3 for £249.97!

http://www.gamestop.co.uk/42248_PlayStation_3_PS3_320GB_Classic_White_2_Whit e_Dualshock_Pads.aspx

http://www.gamestop.co.uk/productImages/90104434/3max.jpg

Lemur
09-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Hmm weird, shops have been selling white PS3 over here for like a year already. You guys only had black PS3 before this?

Gemini-Phoenix
09-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Hmm weird, shops have been selling white PS3 over here for like a year already. You guys only had black PS3 before this?

Yes. The only other colour to be released was a gunmetal silver MGS4 (fat) one in the US, but here in Europe we have never had any other colour except for black

It also appears that the Aussies are due to receive this as well, for sale exclusively by EB Games (aka, same company as GameStop)

themidlandmaster
09-09-2011, 05:01 PM
EB's getting it for 450 AUS

Lemur
09-10-2011, 05:47 AM
WTF that's robbery! The white PS3 here are under SGD 400. :scratch:

SquirrelRaper
09-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah, Ebgames Au posted the same thing on their facebook calling it exclusive to them, and I called them out on it...and they deleted my comment and said that its exclusive because they are the only ones in Au with it,yet it has been out for a while now it other countries, apparently they like to warp the meaning of exclusive >_<

There's actually a lot of other colors and limited editions like Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo(blue), Tales of Xilla, and etc.

matze1975
09-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Gamestop.de sells it for € 299,99! Exclusiv to Gamestop in Germany(like in some other countries)!
http://www.gamestop.de/ps3-slim
Exclusive to micromania in France, too!
http://www.micromania.fr/vente/achat_playstation-3-blanche-320-go-2-manettes-exclu-micromania-_Console-46398-PS3.html
And EB Games, Micromania and Gamestop are one company!

DJDREAM
10-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Gamestop has it Timeexclusive, the normal shops get it on March 2012.

gurpswoo1
10-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Gamestop in Italy also have it, exclusive to them.

TheDeath
11-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Gamestop in Italy also have it, exclusive to them.
Yup, listed 289.00Euro but only if you bring them the replay card, without it the price is 314,90Euro ( 434$ , 270GBP).. to mutch... and won't justify a price like that with a simple white color on it..

Saturn
11-11-2011, 03:53 PM
It's also available over here in Portugal:

http://www.gamestop.pt/

They're running some sort of uncharted 3 competition at one store today (I won't be in) and the winner will take one of these, I think (not sure how many winners there are...)

vigos54
01-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Price is to big... x box is better.

fattyuk
01-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Price is to big... x box is better.

This ain't a fanboy site mate :poke:

vhal_x
01-29-2012, 03:09 PM
He appears to be a spammy robot tbh... One post, pointless content in the post, and an apparent advert in the sig :shrug: xx

Monstermug
03-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Has anybody purchased one of these from the UK yet? I am scared to purchase from them in case they send me a damaged/crushed/used one instead of a new one like my last purchase...

questate
03-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Yes Monster I agree, Gamestop.co.uk packing aint the best tbh :-/

Monstermug
03-25-2012, 10:50 PM
It's not the packaging I am scared off. Last time they sent me a game and it was damaged/crushed/used while the packaging box was intact. They knowingly sent me it.

Gemini-Phoenix
03-26-2012, 08:10 AM
After they've repeatedly been caught out selling European imports, I would be a little dubious buying from them, as you never quite know what you'll receive. I'm already suspicious about companies such as ShopTo and Zavvi for this practice, but it seems that GameStop are even more suspicious because their main operation is located in the Republic Of Ireland, so it's only natural that they'll be shipping non-UK variations

Not that I believe it would make much difference for a PS3 console. Personaly I prefer the silver PS3. You just know that the white one will turn a funny colour in a few years...

Likey
07-06-2012, 01:17 PM
GAME are releasing these in the UK today.

I placed my order the PS3 White 320GB with 2 White Controllers yesterday night, expect this to dispatch at some point today.

It is to replace my PS3 Black 80GB that has a faulty bluray lens - not 100% sure but it doesn't load Uncharted or Uncharted 2, but works fine with Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2.

questate
07-06-2012, 01:25 PM
After they've repeatedly been caught out selling European imports, I would be a little dubious buying from them, as you never quite know what you'll receive. I'm already suspicious about companies such as ShopTo and Zavvi for this practice, but it seems that GameStop are even more suspicious because their main operation is located in the Republic Of Ireland, so it's only natural that they'll be shipping non-UK variations

Not that I believe it would make much difference for a PS3 console. Personaly I prefer the silver PS3. You just know that the white one will turn a funny colour in a few years...

I fully agree, I have received European imports on more than 1 occasion including the Resistance 3 Survivor edition which turned out to be German. Packaging is not the greatest. Customer service is ok though, they sort out issues fairly honestly.

Personally I wont be bothered about the colour unless its a unique design / theme like the MGS 4 Japanese console.

Likey
07-06-2012, 04:49 PM
FFS - I rushed to pre-order this last night thinking that it would be out of stock very quickly. The one I got was for £239.99 which comes with the white console 320gb, 2 white controllers and 90 days PlayStation Plus subscription.

Today I see there's a £249.99 bundle which comes with London 2012 Olympics Game!

My console has been dispatched so I've just sent them an email so hopefully they can sort something for me, missing out on a brand new game for £10 is a sin!

Gazereths
07-06-2012, 04:56 PM
TBH I bet that game is terrible anyway, most of the 'sport event/movie tie in games' are. Is it the steelbook edition?

questate
07-06-2012, 04:56 PM
That game will evetually end up for around 10quid Likey, so honestly you aren't missing out on much. I would wait and see if the Amazon steelbook bundle might go down in price perhaps as low as £15, as the only thing that interest me in this Olympics game is that steelbook.

Likey
07-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Don't worry, I want it to sell, thus make the purchase slightly cheaper. I thought it was only Amazon UK that do the steelbook?

I wanted to get the PS3 Lightning Edition v2 which is from Japan but £400 is pretty steep and I'm unsure of the pros and cons of a foreign console.

For example, hassle of claiming warranty replacement if it goes wrong. PSN and DLC works for UK if the console is from Japan?

questate
07-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Don't worry, I want it to sell, thus make the purchase slightly cheaper. I thought it was only Amazon UK that do the steelbook?

I wanted to get the PS3 Lightning Edition v2 which is from Japan but £400 is pretty steep and I'm unsure of the pros and cons of a foreign console.

For example, hassle of claiming warranty replacement if it goes wrong. PSN and DLC works for UK if the console is from Japan?

THere might be hardware and warranty related hassles, but as long as you have a UK PSN account, I believe DLCs should work fine :think:

Likey
07-06-2012, 05:07 PM
I just rang up GAME customer services, they said that the item has been shipped so they can't do anything but said once it arrives I can take it to any store to get a refund then buy the one with the bundle if they have that deal in the store.

Hopefully they'll allow that, for the sake of getting a game for £10 more and sell it on ebay for like £30 I think it's worth the hassle - sort of! lol.

NaughtyDogJames
07-06-2012, 08:12 PM
I personally like the red.

master_hayabusa
07-06-2012, 08:18 PM

Likey,

I'm selling the PS3 FFXIII-V2 for £360. If you want I can throw in a FFXIII-V2 steel book for £20 and a poster of lightning for £20 (or lightning and serah). I also have the official hardback guide (in English) for £15.

All items are Brand new and sealed. Absolutely mint.

Don't worry about the warranty, nothing happens to these things, I've sold loads. But in the worst case I can send it back to Japan for repair providing you can cover shipping costs.

Here is the thread http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7976

master_hayabusa
07-06-2012, 08:42 PM
I just rang up GAME customer services, they said that the item has been shipped so they can't do anything but said once it arrives I can take it to any store to get a refund then buy the one with the bundle if they have that deal in the store.

Hopefully they'll allow that, for the sake of getting a game for £10 more and sell it on ebay for like £30 I think it's worth the hassle - sort of! lol.
This happened to me with the silver PS3, I bought two at £239 from GAME and then the next day they dropped to £149! They hadn't even shipped. I called Game on the Monday and they said they 'just' shipped them. I asked for a refund of difference but they wouldn't have it. I had to post them back. They offered me a rebate of £20 each, but the price difference was way too much to swallow particularly with fact that they were still selling them at £149!

Likey
07-06-2012, 11:37 PM
I personally like the red.

Yeah, Scarlet looks really nice but I want the white pads.

I hope the white one won't turn yellow at any point, that would be annoying.

Likey,

I'm selling the PS3 FFXIII-V2 for £360. If you want I can throw in a FFXIII-V2 steel book for £20 and a poster of lightning for £20 (or lightning and serah). I also have the official hardback guide (in English) for £15.

All items are Brand new and sealed. Absolutely mint.

Don't worry about the warranty, nothing happens to these things, I've sold loads. But in the worst case I can send it back to Japan for repair providing you can cover shipping costs.

Here is the thread http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7976

Is only consider getting the Lightning v2 off you if I was picking it up so I could examine it. Thanks for the extra upselling but I already have all those.

I'd want warranty should there be a lens fault.

NaughtyDogJames
07-07-2012, 08:03 AM
You can buy the white controllers seperately.