PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the UK :)

Resseh
11-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Hi I'm Rob.

Ive been collecting for years but I don't have a massive collection. Usually I trade in games when something new comes out :face palm:

I'll take a few photos soon. Some of my favourite recent CEs have been the Gears of War 3 and Halo Reach ones. I'd love to get the Skyrim one but Im not sure if i can justify £130. Im planning on getting it if it drops below £80 (but i thought that about the EE of Uncharted 3 :( ) I like any with a decent statue - generally i sell on any DLC to recoup costs :o

I had a quick look through my collection and found amongst my DVD tins a Metal Gear 2 tin. Unfortunatly its got a few dents and is starting to rust. :suicide: Im guessing thats why they got replaced by Steelbooks :D

I'd love to get my girlfriend into gaming yet alone the CEs! She shakes her head when she sees a new addition to the collection. But at least she think they look decent when put in a display cabinet <3

My current wants are:

Skyrim CE,
Saints Row The Third CE,
Mortal Kombat US version,
Little Big Planet 2 CE US (wtf was up with the UK one? :s )

I have the SWTOR one on Preorder but not sure if its worth £130.

Thats it from me for now! just want to offer my thanks to the forum for giving me a place where I don't feel like a freak for buying limited editions. Most peeps on other forums don't seem to get the attraction

themidlandmaster
11-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the forums!

I just saw the old republic photos on here, it looks awesome

gurpswoo1
11-09-2011, 11:31 PM
welcome to the forum, the SWTOR looks great and I expect to go the same as WOW in the future.

I also agree with the crazy high price for Skyrim

AndyTheCollector
11-10-2011, 08:16 AM
:welcome: mate and enjoy your stay here! :)
I have actually same problems with girlfriend as you have! My also doesn't have too much understanding for my videogaming and CE madness or obsession, however she like if they're nicely made. :)

vhal_x
11-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Unlucky, it was my boyfriend that got me into collecting CEs (I was a little into gaming before I got with him but I'm much more of a gamer now) and now I'm worse than him with CEs! :rotf: xx

vhal_x
11-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Oh, and can't wait to see pics :D xx

Onyxia
11-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Welcome!
I would love to see pictures of your collection!
It is rather unfortunate that the Skyrim CE is so expensive. I decided to splurge on it as I'd rather not wait too long and watch the price skyrocket on eBay (it might just drop in value instead, but oh well!). I'm with you on this, anything with statues (or figures) is awesome. I guess gaming isn't for everyone, sadly. I know I'm really thankful that my boyfriend shares my passion for videogames. I'm the one going all out, but as long as he approves, it's all good. :D

mawa
11-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Welcome and pictures are always welcome.
Skyrim ce i have buy it 2 days ago and think its awsume but also allot price lol

Biggav4000
11-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi Rob
:welcome: to the forum,Can't wait to see your uploaded pics.:wave:

Resseh
11-13-2011, 04:16 PM
They aren't very clear I'm afraid and not the full collection but here are the statues from various game and DVD collector editions -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/resseh/P1000526.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/resseh/P1000525.jpg

and finally a picture of my dog noodles as a puppy <3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/resseh/P1010983.jpg

AndyTheCollector
11-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Nice setup and glass cabinet! Also, I love your dog it's husky isn't it? Love this breed a lot. If I have a dog I will definitely want husky.

Resseh
11-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Thanks :) The Glass cabinet was only about £40 from Ikea but unfortunately the bulb (maybe the whole thing) has died on me :(

Noodles is an Alaskan Malamute which is very similar to a husky except they are more powerful but not as agile. They also can't have blue eyes like a husky.

AndyTheCollector
11-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Oh, I see! Thanks for explanation!

Biggav4000
11-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Nice setup :notworthy:
Also loving noodles too:)

kizeal
11-16-2011, 02:07 AM
welcome..and hope you enjoy your stay here as i am..