PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here buy the Halo Art of Building Worlds CE Art book?

vhal_x
12-14-2011, 11:18 AM
I bought it a fortnight ago, and it arrived, and was missing the numbered insert, the 4 signed lithographs and a few pages were badly scored (I bought it brand new, might I add)

So I sent it back for a replacement, and the replacement is missing everything aswell... The pages aren't scored, but I'm pissed that this is my second copy to be missing the numbered insert and 4 signed lithos, obviously the main items in this fucking edition.

Did anybody else buy it? And preferably open it? Where in the book was the lithos and insert? I've looked all through it, and all through the previous copy, and nothing was to be found, so either they are missing, or I'm severely fucking blind.

Any help please? xx

vhal_x
12-14-2011, 03:37 PM
If you bought from Forbidden Planet in the UK, WARNING they are being recalled. There was a manufacturing error causing their copies to be printed and shipped without the numbered insert or signed lithos, and they can't get replacements due to them being sold out :(

I am actually so upset about this :( need to wait until they receive it back to get a refund, and by then any other retailers will probably have sold out too :(

Why me!? *sobs* xx

nipperkipper
12-14-2011, 04:01 PM
If you bought from Forbidden Planet in the UK, WARNING they are being recalled. There was a manufacturing error causing their copies to be printed and shipped without the numbered insert or signed lithos, and they can't get replacements due to them being sold out :(

I am actually so upset about this :( need to wait until they receive it back to get a refund, and by then any other retailers will probably have sold out too :(

Why me!? *sobs* xx

Do you have a link to the book you bought?

I bought a Halo art book but it was entitled the great journey and had four signed prints - is this the one?

vhal_x
12-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Yeah, that's the one, Halo The Great Journey, The Art of Building Worlds xx

nipperkipper
12-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Yeah, that's the one, Halo The Great Journey, The Art of Building Worlds xx

Well it seems to still be available at the titan exclsuives store where i purchased it

Came numbered (348) and i think it has the lithos but i have mine still sealed

http://titanexclusives.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/halo-the-great-journey-limited-edition

lhurgoyf
12-14-2011, 04:41 PM
I also purchased from Titan exclusives and received the numbered card. Have not opened it yet to see if it has the signed lithos.

vhal_x
12-14-2011, 04:51 PM
I noticed it was in stock there, but unfortunately I can't afford to buy it until I receive my refund, which will no doubt be next week *sobs* and knowing my luck, they'll be out of stock then :/

I fucking hate this. xx

gurpswoo1
12-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Wow that sucks Vhal, I just checked the Titan website and there is only 18 left. unless that is the max you can order.

Hans v Hube
12-14-2011, 07:01 PM
I did get mine & it was sealed but a very little kink in the spine.
Mine was numbered (315) not only on the back of the book but had the sticker 315 on the outside.
I saw on this site another one numbered around 800 so i think even at the cost (£60) they went like hot cakes.
I will not be opening it & i would buy the std Ed if wished to look inside.

Also talking about damage has anyone brought collector's guide books from Amazon?
Have any been all busted up?
I have sent 3 back over the last few months for replacement.
Left packaging feedback but no reply (same with a few games) given?

My wife said that they forced one though our letter box!
Asked the postman few days later & the reply was "only have x amount of time per door set time per round" no wonder you see them near running!
No more stopping for tea whatever would Postman Pat think it?

Last think, tried to buy 2 Skyrim collector's guide books from the book Depository, 1 came, asked for a ETA for the second told sorry on it's way. Then few days later received a std e-mail to say refunding the cost of the second!
No sorry just blanket response, they are all at it!

lhurgoyf
12-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Wow that sucks Vhal, I just checked the Titan website and there is only 18 left. unless that is the max you can order.

Seems accurate. Only 17 available for pre-order now.

gurpswoo1
12-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Also talking about damage has anyone brought collector's guide books from Amazon?
Have any been all busted up?
I have sent 3 back over the last few months for replacement.
Left packaging feedback but no reply (same with a few games) given?

Yeah Amazon are really annoying me, their boxes are so thin it's crazy. Just a little more and it could take the punishment. Order 3-4 guides in the past from them, Shocked how they are smashed during transit.

Last think, tried to buy 2 Skyrim collector's guide books from the book Depository, 1 came, asked for a ETA for the second told sorry on it's way. Then few days later received a std e-mail to say refunding the cost of the second!
No sorry just blanket response, they are all at it!

LPL - Exact same thing happened to me, Got one copy only then said more coming in, later refunded without telling me. Looks like they did this on purpose.

Seems accurate. Only 17 available for pre-order now.

Yeah that was me who just ordered a copy.

Hans v Hube
12-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Yeah Amazon are really annoying me, their boxes are so thin it's crazy. Just a little more and it could take the punishment. Order 3-4 guides in the past from them, Shocked how they are smashed during transit.

LPL - Exact same thing happened to me, Got one copy only then said more coming in, later refunded without telling me. Looks like they did this on purpose.

Good luck & give us a update when received

Hans v Hube
12-14-2011, 08:38 PM

With Amazon you get something to find it in the corner then brown packaging all around bar the place you need it & guess what.....That's the corner that always damaged
One of the Diablo mousepads i have on my page, the top is cracked (but no damage to the pad):surrender:?????

vhal_x
12-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Can't believe it's down to 17 already!

But luckily a member has offered to help me out :D So thank you very much nipperkipper :D xx

Matrix6
12-14-2011, 10:18 PM
wow that's expensive, it's not even very thick!

For those who have it, is the price of it justifiable? [apart from it being limited in numbers]

Hans v Hube
12-14-2011, 11:41 PM
wow that's expensive, it's not even very thick!

For those who have it, is the price of it justifiable? [apart from it being limited in numbers]

Depends on if you either class it as a investment (some what like wine) & never open.
Or just a Halo nut with money to burn?

I would say i am a bit of both

One last thing the price of £60 is the amount i would say a person could spend on a night out on the town + meal/food, fags if you smoke & Taxi home.
Pack of fags is near 10% of this book also

Or am i just been sad (ex smoker who also due to 2 young children hardly drinks)?
Need to spend my money on something

gurpswoo1
12-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Yeah considering these are limited to 1000 units and also there are large batch that is missing content and being recalled, meaning this is quite limited.

Also it's Halo.

I said the same thing as you about the folio edition art book of uncharted. Look where that is now. it's now way out of my league. Not making the same mistake twice.

vhal_x
12-15-2011, 12:58 PM
The ones that are being recalled... I was given the option to keep mine, but I said no and that I'd like my refund :)

But I was wondering, will the recalled copies be worth anything? xx

vhal_x
12-15-2011, 01:02 PM
This is the email that was sent out to everyone who ordered after this was discovered:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for ordering :

_______ Halo: The Great Journey: The Art Of Building Worlds (Limited Edition Hardcover) QTY 1

I am e-mailing you today to recall the stock for this book. Unfortunately we have discovered that your copy will not contain the signed prints. We have tried to get the prints through from the suppliers so we can send them out to you separately, but the suppliers have sold out completely and have no signed prints that they can send to us.
Forbidden Planet sincerely apologises for this manufacturing error. If you would like to send your edition back we have e-mailed you a returns label that you can use to return to us free post. We will refund you in full once received. If you have any further issues please contact us on 0207 803 1900 or e-mail at info@forbiddenplanet.com.

One again please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused to you,

Kind Regards

Forbiddenplanet.com

gurpswoo1
12-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Is there any way to tell if the book is missing the prints without opening them?

vhal_x
12-15-2011, 01:24 PM
I guess so, as other members who haven't opened theirs said that the numbered insert was visible on the back underneath the seal, whereas both of mine didn't have anything under the seal xx

gurpswoo1
12-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Hmmmmm, well in that case I think the sealed ones with prints may come sort after.

Wonder what they will do with recalled stock.

vhal_x
12-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Not sure, they'll probably just disappear into oblivion :haha: xx

Hans v Hube
12-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Is there any way to tell if the book is missing the prints without opening them?

I think not (see pic)

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3842/imgp3850k.jpg

I brought mine direct from Titan books & may i ask all if it came looking like this?

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/292/imgp3734v.jpg

Or this on the back?

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/1900/imgp3852.jpg

vhal_x
12-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Mine is missing the last picture of yours, as are all the copies which are missing the signed lithos xx

Hans v Hube
12-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Hmmmmm, well in that case I think the sealed ones with prints may come sort after.

Wonder what they will do with recalled stock.

Also what % have been returned & what % are left good/complete out of 1000?

vhal_x
12-15-2011, 02:11 PM
Not sure, they never stated anything on the phone to me, just that all the stock Forbidden Planet have sold (or they assume all the stock, they opened all the copies left in their warehouse to check and they were all missing the stuff :facepalm:) have to be recalled as they are all missing the stuff... Which is weird that it seems to be limited to only FP's stock, and all of Titan's have been okay? xx

Hans v Hube
12-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Not sure, they never stated anything on the phone to me, just that all the stock Forbidden Planet have sold (or they assume all the stock, they opened all the copies left in their warehouse to check and they were all missing the stuff :facepalm:) have to be recalled as they are all missing the stuff... Which is weird that it seems to be limited to only FP's stock, and all of Titan's have been okay? xx

Do you know what numbers they were out of 1000 if supplied with them?
mine is as you know 315 which looks like a good batch what numbers are the bad one?
Or is this too much hassle to give a rough picture on where we are at?

vhal_x
12-15-2011, 02:20 PM
None of them were supplied with numbers (the ones missing the lithos) so no idea which numbers have been 'lost' or how many of them have been xx

Hans v Hube
12-15-2011, 02:28 PM
None of them were supplied with numbers (the ones missing the lithos) so no idea which numbers have been 'lost' or how many of them have been xx

Ok thanks, did read your bit at the top sorry.

Too much hassle for people to supply their number if they have a complete one (& if they want to)?
To build a rough picture of how many we think are complete & out there?

nipperkipper
12-15-2011, 08:41 PM
These have now sold out at Titan Exclusives, Looks like you jumped in at the right time Gee.:thumb:

gurpswoo1
12-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Lol - Wow that was lucky. Glad I got it now

vhal_x
12-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Phew! So thankful that you've grabbed me one nipperkipper! xx

nipperkipper
12-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Weird - 15 now available again - it did say out of stock before - probably wont last long

gurpswoo1
12-15-2011, 09:56 PM
LOL what's going on

Hans v Hube
12-15-2011, 11:49 PM
Have they returned the missing items stock & ordered the guys to sign more say at gun point re-package then re-sell?

vhal_x
12-16-2011, 10:07 AM
No, they're just recalling them and that is it, they already put all the lithographs out (the manufacturer said there were no surplus lithos/numbered inserts left) so part of me think that they have made 1000 that ARE numbered/signed but ForbiddenPlanet received excess stock? So they are over and above the 1000? I'm not sure though, so don't take my word for it, that just what I assumed from what they told me xx

Hans v Hube
12-16-2011, 05:28 PM
No, they're just recalling them and that is it, they already put all the lithographs out (the manufacturer said there were no surplus lithos/numbered inserts left) so part of me think that they have made 1000 that ARE numbered/signed but ForbiddenPlanet received excess stock? So they are over and above the 1000? I'm not sure though, so don't take my word for it, that just what I assumed from what they told me xx

Yes i think so & if yours (2) was not sealed then that must be the case (or someone working there has loads)???
I say this due to i have worked in a Wine warehouse & things do walk (books etc)

vhal_x
12-16-2011, 06:28 PM
No, both of mine were sealed xx

RyuShinEX
12-19-2011, 04:38 PM
btw for the art content, is it the same as other halo artbooks?

vhal_x
12-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Not sure, I'd assume it is the same as other (non-Limited Edition) variants of Halo: The Art of Building Worlds but not any other Art books, but that's just an assumption xx

RyuShinEX
12-20-2011, 02:33 AM
anybody with the art of halo & art of halo 3 can confirm this?

Romeo
12-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Ok thanks, did read your bit at the top sorry.

Too much hassle for people to supply their number if they have a complete one (& if they want to)?
To build a rough picture of how many we think are complete & out there?

These have now sold out at Titan Exclusives, Looks like you jumped in at the right time Gee.:thumb:

Reviving an old thread... I feel like I'm diving into history reading all of the replies here!

Hans, I just received a new copy direct from Titan today, #449. It looks exactly like the one pictured with the numbered sticker on the back of the slipcase. The prints are NOT viewable from the spine like with the other Titan LE books so I still have a slight concern that they're inside considering most everyone here is keeping theirs sealed.