PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII-2

Collector's Edition
12-29-2010, 05:58 PM
final-fantasy-xiii-2-collectors-edition-ps3-1

kizeal
11-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Sorry, kinda new here and i don't know whether this thread should be here or not but i found out that US is getting its collector's edition too.

Here is the link : http://gematsu.com/2011/11/final-fantasy-xiii-2-collectors-edition-announced

joynulk
11-10-2011, 02:58 PM
whoa that looks goog, but i already have crystal and the limited on pre order cant do another one

kizeal
11-10-2011, 03:02 PM
EU got better pre-order bonus too, i think

Madigan
11-10-2011, 05:41 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/kq8tl.jpg

Full Game Name: Final Fantasy XIII-2

Edition Name: Collector’s Edition

Platform(s): PS3 & Xbox360

Region(s): NA

Publisher: Square-Enix

Release Date: January 31, 2012

Price (RRP): US$ 79.99

Package Description:

- Hardcover case

Content Description:

- 4-disc official soundtrack

- 20-page Art Book

Source (http://gamingbolt.com/square-enix-announces-na-exclusive-final-fantasy-xiii-2-collectors-edition-plus-pre-order-bonus-content)

Other Info/Pics:

The Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector’s Edition will only be available on GameStop, Amazon.com and Best Buy while supplies last, so it is first come first serve.

Pre Orders:

Best Buy

PS3 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Final+Fantasy+XIII-2+Collector%27s+Edition+-+PlayStation+3/4120055.p;jsessionid=5FBD40C276D23938E674556E4A5E1 21A.bbolsp-app02-09?id=1218456023971&skuId=4120055&st=Final%20Fantasy%20XIII-2%20&lp=3&cp=1)

Xbox360 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Final+Fantasy+XIII-2+Collector%27s+Edition+-+Xbox+360/4120064.p;jsessionid=5FBD40C276D23938E674556E4A5E1 21A.bbolsp-app02-09?id=1218456025163&skuId=4120064&st=Final%20Fantasy%20XIII-2%20&lp=4&cp=1)

Pre order bonus:
Collectible Hardcover Book - FINAL FANTASY XIII – Episode I: Novella, an original story that ties together the events of FINAL FANTASY XIII and FINAL FANTASY XIII-2)

Amazon

PS3 (http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIII-2-Collectors-sony-playstation3/dp/B0062VM8LU/ref=sr_tr_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1320952160&sr=1-1)

Xbox360 (http://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-XIII-2-Collectors-microsoft-xbox-360/dp/B0062VM8M4/ref=sr_tr_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1320952160&sr=1-2)

Pre order bonus:
Exclusive Omega Boss Battle - Unique coliseum battle against boss enemy “Omega,” who joins the player’s party afterward

Gamestop

PS3 (http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/final-fantasy-xiii-2-collectors-edition/98101)

Xbox360 (http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/final-fantasy-xiii-2-collectors-edition/98100)

Pre order bonus:
Alternate costume for Serah, visible throughout the game

Twisted
11-10-2011, 08:32 PM
according to the BESTBUY website,....if you order this collector's version..you do NOT get the pre-order hardcover book...this seriously blows!!!!!!!!!!

scottcross
11-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Now this I'd love to get my hands on

kizeal
11-11-2011, 02:03 AM
nice..anyone getting this?

psiguy3
11-11-2011, 02:56 AM
i will be getting the ps3 version but will help others import it as well

kizeal
11-11-2011, 02:59 AM
cool..i might wanna get one too..

Onyxia
11-11-2011, 03:56 AM
Thanks for the heads up!
Dropped my Crystal preorder for this as there was nothing I really wanted from it (now if only one of them came with a figure).
Wonder if Futureshop will let us pick up a steelbook with the CE (IF they end up getting one that is). Will stick to the Gamestop one until then.

psiguy3
11-11-2011, 08:02 PM
ill be getting one and will try and help others get it too
if i can

Saturn
11-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Looks pretty good but a little overpriced IMO. I'd not mind picking one some time in the future but as always I'll stick with the EU releases.

Lightning00
11-14-2011, 11:24 PM
I actually prefer the EU edition instead but if the CE ever goes on sale I might pick it up

kizeal
11-16-2011, 01:09 AM
probably because EU have better bonuses and more stuff in their collector's edition.

Fitzgera1d
11-29-2011, 08:54 PM
What will the EU edition have that the US edition will not have?

Matrix6
11-30-2011, 12:40 AM
What will the EU edition have that the US edition will not have?
http://www.gamedynamo.com/images/galleries/photo/1768/final-fantasy-xiii-2-collectors-edition-news.jpg
vs
http://pinoytutorial.com/techtorial/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/ffxii-2-crystal-ps3-1-1024x622.jpg
PLUS...[pre-order bonus]
https://content.ebgames.com.au/website/images/packshots/bonus_ffxiii2_large_v2.jpg

Mainly the t-shirt and post cards and lenticular art print. But comparing the US CE and the top tier Crystal Edition from the PAL region. :) xx

Fitzgera1d
12-02-2011, 01:32 AM
so just a shirt and post cards, huh? what bout the box and stuff? still looks the same? might want to just but every edition.. or 2 of every edition just because.. lol

Matrix6
12-02-2011, 01:40 AM
no idea how they'll package the PAL CE, I'm guessing it'll all be stuffed in a flimsy glossy box like last time :D
lol, obtaining multiple copies of each variant is a win-win situation ;) What of the Asian and Japanese version as well as the standalone Soundtrack sets and the new Lightning PS3 console?? :rotf:
Oh, don't forget the inevitable hardcover guide books :P xx

Fitzgera1d
12-02-2011, 02:18 AM
this game is making want to keep my current CEs now.. just so i can make my collection bigger.. geeeshh..

just saw that hyperdimension neptunia MKII is going to be out soon too.. and Atelier Meruru

Matrix6
12-02-2011, 02:46 AM
inorite! :D it can be dangerously addictive though :S
like here; http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5031&page=2 just sayin' ;) xx

twistedsymphony
12-29-2011, 06:47 PM
*** Added NTSC Collector's Edition for Xbox 360 and PS3 ***

Twisted
01-12-2012, 03:31 AM
the first initial reviews of the game itself coming out of japan is very very bad :( letter grading stands at a "D" some of the complaints are "horrible story" "cheesy rap music infused in the soundtrack", "plays out more like a CG movie then a game".."ending is bad"..these are what reviewers are saying in japan, the first early reviews, one gave it a score of "53%" which was an average taken from early adopters and reviewers :(

jugolicious
01-12-2012, 06:11 AM
wow really? Famitsu gave it 40/40, and I thought they were a pretty reputable company

Twisted
01-12-2012, 07:23 AM
i read 3 thrashy reviews, one of them said, they dragged it out, and left the door open for final fantasy 13-3, a "trilogy"..and all 3 sites cited final fantasy 13 to be a BETTER playing experience, then this one.

Solemn_In_Berlin
01-12-2012, 10:14 AM
I don't even know why they even bothered making a sequel no one wanted when people are dying for Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Neilikki
01-13-2012, 03:05 PM
the first initial reviews of the game itself coming out of japan is very very bad :( letter grading stands at a "D" some of the complaints are "horrible story" "cheesy rap music infused in the soundtrack", "plays out more like a CG movie then a game".."ending is bad"..these are what reviewers are saying in japan, the first early reviews, one gave it a score of "53%" which was an average taken from early adopters and reviewers :(

What reviewers ?
Do you mean like reviews from people on amazon or something?
Because press love this game there.

I don't even know why they even bothered making a sequel no one wanted when people are dying for Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

The team that works on Versus is different than the one that works on FFXIII.

Solemn_In_Berlin
01-13-2012, 03:26 PM
^ Still, there are people who are part of both teams; the most important name being Nomura.

Just want to share that I played the demo. It wasn't bad but it got me drowsy at times.

Neilikki
01-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Nomura may be an important figure in Square, but character designers aren't usually people who push the game towards completion after it actually started being programmed, and that's all he worked on when it comes to FFXIII/XIII-2

Solemn_In_Berlin
01-14-2012, 05:16 AM
^ As I have said, he's not just the only figure who's part of both teams. And though you can call him as "just" a character designer for the XIII series, he tends to work at only one game at a time. Also, Versus XIII has garnered such huge hype since E3 2006 yet we find out that it's barely even touched because Square's been busy with their other (lesser?) titles. All these have led to fans get disappointed in Square for releasing an unwanted sequel when they could have been working on what the fans think is their next best project. So my point still stands.

Neilikki
01-14-2012, 01:41 PM
As I have said, he's not just the only figure who's part of both teams

They've already said that after the development of FFXIII, a large number of people that worked on it, went to help with FF Versus XIII, and also that producing a sequel to FFXIII didn't require so much human resources as the previous title. Demanding that all people just stop doing whatever project they are doing and go help with Versus is just unrealistic.

And though you can call him as "just" a character designer for the XIII series, he tends to work at only one game at a time.

So, you think that after he submits his designs, he then just waits after the entire game is completed, 2-3 years later and he doesn't do anything in the meantime?
No, it's obviously not the case, even now, he works simultaneously on both FFVXIII and new Kingdom Hearts title (and probably the next title after that too) while also working as a designer for other Square Enix Projects.
If he only worked once every few years he would surely starve to death by now.

Versus XIII has garnered such huge hype since E3 2006 yet we find out that it's barely even touched because Square's been busy with their other (lesser?)

Except they said it's already in the final stage of development.
Square Enix isn't a small company, that can only work at one project at a time
Just because you don't see much promotional materials, doesn't mean the game is untouched.
And, in the first place, it's not like Versus is some Square's messiah. All of the Fabula Nova Crystalis games gained huge fans attention and were awaited and wanted, and calling them "lesser" titles is plainly wrong.

All these have led to fans get disappointed in Square for releasing an unwanted sequel when they could have been working on what the fans think is their next best project.

Calling it "unwanted" makes you look very biased, you know that, right? A lot of people waited and still wait to play it.
Just because Versus is highly anticipated title, means that every title from Square until it is released is unnecessary?
That would be true if only people that anxiously wait for only Versus could buy their games, but fortunately, they have audience beyond that.
Will Versus sell more copies than FFXIII-2? Probably.
Should they give up on those potential 2-3+ mln sales XIII-2 will eventually bring them worldwide? Why would they?
And I remind you again, that working on FFXIII-2 didn't hurt Versus, because refer to point one.

tl;dr Stop looking through Versus googles, it distorts the vision.

Solemn_In_Berlin
01-14-2012, 02:19 PM
They've already said that after the development of FFXIII, a large number of people that worked on it, went to help with FF Versus XIII, and also that producing a sequel to FFXIII didn't require so much human resources as the previous title. Demanding that all people just stop doing whatever project they are doing and go help with Versus is just unrealistic.

Well I never said that did I? But you and I both know that a lot of their recent handheld games are filler at best.

So, you think that after he submits his designs, he then just waits after the entire game is completed, 2-3 years later and he doesn't do anything in the meantime?
No, it's obviously not the case, even now, he works simultaneously on both FFVXIII and new Kingdom Hearts title (and probably the next title after that too) while also working as a designer for other Square Enix Projects.
If he only worked once every few years he would surely starve to death by now.

Again, I did not say that. But it's a well-known fact that he tends to focus on one game at a time. That's why he said that a main Kingdom Hearts title won't be coming for a long time. That's why he said that Versus XIII is not as close as we think so we should stop thinking about it. You could argue by saying that he goes to Versus XIII, a new Kingdom Hearts or whatever every now and then while working on his current main project but until he's done with that, we won't be seeing any other any time soon.

Except they said it's already in the final stage of development.
Square Enix isn't a small company, that can only work at one project at a time
Just because you don't see much promotional materials, doesn't mean the game is untouched.
And, in the first place, it's not like Versus is some Square's messiah. All of the Fabula Nova Crystalis games gained huge fans attention and were awaited and wanted, and calling them "lesser" titles is plainly wrong.

Hence, why I added a question mark. I don't call them lesser, but it's not the first time I have heard people say that they are. And wow, Versus XIII's development is in full swing. Not bad after... I don't know. Five and a half years full of hype? :roll:

Also, Square promises a lot of things. :facepalm:

Calling it "unwanted" makes you look very biased, you know that, right? A lot of people waited and still wait to play it.
Just because Versus is highly anticipated title, means that every title from Square until it is released is unnecessary?
That would be true if only people that anxiously wait for only Versus could buy their games, but fortunately, they have audience beyond that.
Will Versus sell more copies than FFXIII-2? Probably.
Should they give up on those potential 2-3+ mln sales XIII-2 will eventually bring them worldwide? Why would they?

Yeah why would they. I mean, they're Square. They don't seem to try anymore, but I guess when you're guaranteed sales from your name alone, you don't have to right?

I'm sorry when I called it unwanted for lack of a better word. And I know that majority's not always right. But I guess it is in this case.

And I remind you again, that working on FFXIII-2 didn't hurt Versus.

Of course it did. I trust Square (enough) to believe that they won't be dropping a Duke Nukem Forever bomb with Versus XIII. But you kill the hype by giving too much hype without anything to show for it. If you showcase one trailer for the game per year, people will eventually stop caring, regardless if you're Square or not. It also doesn't help to know that XIII also took a while before it got out because while it wasn't bad, you can tell that potential's been squandered.

tl;dr Stop looking through Versus googles, it distorts the vision.

I don't even know why I still care. I was never a Square guy to begin with. I preferred the Tales series over FF, and I was always a NIS and Gust guy. Still, Versus XIII was something that caught my eye. Maybe it brought spark back to any faith I had left in Square (yadda yadda)... But I guess you're right. Better off to enjoy what you have right now instead of clamoring for something you don't see coming from a mile away.

By the way, I hope you don't take this argument personally. TBH, I enjoy this type of healthy argument/forum talk/whatever. I don't know if you do too but I'm only saying this because a lot of people whom I have argued in the past with thought that this was a war and well, things didn't pan out well for both of us. :thumb:

Neilikki
01-14-2012, 10:35 PM
But you and I both know that a lot of their recent handheld games are filler at best.

Their most recent handheld game is Type-0, so not really.
Or did you mean just team Nomura and its spin-offs of Kingdom Hearts ?
Then maybe, but making a handheld title is still infinitely less troublesome than developing a game for a home console (and less number of people need to work on it)

But it's a well-known fact that he tends to focus on one game at a time.

But that's regarding the games he produces himself, not the games he only makes sketches for!

You could argue by saying that he goes to Versus XIII, a new Kingdom Hearts or whatever every now and then while working on his current main project but until he's done with that, we won't be seeing any other any time soon.

But Versus IS his current main project now. If anything, it's the other way around, when he doesn't work on Versus, he goes to work on other titles, every now and then.
It's logical, being the producer, he won't take on two big projects at a time, just like Motomu Toriyama, or whoever other SE producer isn't going to start working on both FFXV and FFXVI at the same time, right?
Again, the lack of promotion regarding FF Versus XIII doesn't come from the fact, that there is nothing to show, or that Nomura is too busy with other games to work on it (because he isn't). It's just how their marketing strategy works, they tend to focus on those titles that are nearing their completion. We already had FFXIII, Type 0 and now FFXIII-2. I bet this year we'll see more and more Versus materials as time goes by.

Yeah why would they. I mean, they're Square.

Yeah, they are a company, they try to run business. Do you know any company which would willingly refuse money?
And if that means, the fans get to play one more title within the universe they enjoyed, what harm does it make to anyone?
You know, you gotta feel sorry for Square sometimes. Whatever they do, it's wrong.
They made this sequel, true, the "easy money" part probably was one of the deciding factors.
But they did try hard. They listened to all the fans suggestions and criticism and they adjusted the game accordingly, to provide even better experience.
It's not a copy paste, like you would expect from what a "sequel" usually means.
And yet, it will never be enough.
Okay, I know it's the price of being popular, but it's still discouraging.

But you kill the hype by giving too much hype without anything to show for it.

Yeah, and that's exactly why they do not hype this game at all...right?

Even XIII took a while and while it wasn't bad, it was mediocre at best.

Well, technically, this game is nowhere near being medicore with its outstanding graphics, audio and battle system. And the rest is lolopinions. I personally love FFXIII to death, even with its linearity which I didn't quite liked (though it wasn't a deal breaker either)
That's why I'm happy the sequel is more open.

By the way, I hope you don't take this argument personally.

Of course not, we are having a pleasant conversation, aren't we?
And no, I don't like flame wars either ;)

Legendhawk
02-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Here is my Final Fantasy XIII - 2 : Editions UNBOXINGS !
This 3 versions is very nice and beautiful to watch ;) hope you like it .

Final Fantasy XIII - 2 : Crystal Edition UNBOXING
fTtRCfJxgps

Final Fantasy XIII - 2 : Limited Collectors Edition UNBOXING
S4iILV1eo2c

Final Fantasy XIII - 2 : Nordic Edition UNBOXING
c9TghKXNeIY

Final Fantasy XIII - 2 : Promo / Preorder Bonus Steelbook UNBOXING
6JPzXxX59lA

<3

gu8
02-01-2012, 10:40 PM
cheers for the vids bro, man that steelbook is stunning, best thing about the whole lot imo

Madigan
02-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Here is my Final Fantasy XIII - 2 : Editions UNBOXINGS !
This 3 versions is very nice and beautiful to watch ;) hope you like it .

Final Fantasy XIII - 2 : Crystal Edition UNBOXING
fTtRCfJxgps

http://i.minus.com/ibvw9P8ltSKhSw.gif

I expected a little more, but it's an... okay edition, I give it a 7/10

Thanks for the unboxing Legendhawk :banana:

Is it heavy? I'm worried about the weight

Legendhawk
02-01-2012, 10:53 PM
the crystal edition is a bit heavy , more than Tekken Hybrid Limited Edition , check out my youtube if you want to :)

Twisted
02-03-2012, 05:19 AM
Legendhawk...did your final fantasty crystal edition come with a factory seal? like a complete cellophane plastic wrapping?..the ones in australia are arriving unsealed apparantly..just wondering.

joynulk
02-03-2012, 09:57 AM
My crystal came factory sealed.

Kelekin
02-03-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm probably going to have one of these Crystal Editions for sale...I thought I cancelled my pre-order for it but apparently it didn't go through. I hate Amazon sometimes.

Legendhawk
02-03-2012, 09:38 PM
mine was factory sealed also :) but i removed it :)

Gazereths
02-04-2012, 02:32 PM
I just picked up my CE and pre order steelbook form Gamestation, very tempted to open them both as I want to play the game....Might just get a regular copy to play though and keep these babies factory sealed...Decisions decisions :p

Saturn
02-05-2012, 05:03 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330681975891?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_2309wt_1396

SERIOUSLY?

I am starting to hate zavvi more and more each time.

mosavon
02-05-2012, 05:23 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330681975891?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_2309wt_1396

SERIOUSLY?

I am starting to hate zavvi more and more each time.

Thats pretty lame, original Zavvi list price was £59.95 now £119.99

Super BS....I hope this retailer goes away real fast

Dark-Vash
02-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Thats pretty lame, original Zavvi list price was £59.95 now £119.99

Super BS....I hope this retailer goes away real fast

In the meantime i'm tearing my hair out to get hold of this edition....

mosavon
02-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Yeah that's why people get angry when genuine people miss out....you would not expect this from a big retailer.

Twisted
02-05-2012, 08:59 PM
wow,..i have NEVER seen a major retailer pull a stunt like that!!!.

Ryu Kazama
02-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Shopto also have an eBay store. Prices aren't totally in line with their site...

The more you know.

joynulk
02-06-2012, 12:49 PM
365games have done the same with the xbox crystal version. they are all thieving little cunts.

Gazereths
02-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Wow Zavvi really are scumbags.

gurpswoo1
02-06-2012, 02:01 PM
That's sick,

prices are restricted on their store to RRP, so they go outside via ebay.

Dark-Vash
02-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Dev's and publishers should be aware of this stuff and never, ever, give exclusive content to these retailers! They just don't deserve it!!!

Gazereths
02-07-2012, 01:34 AM
I really hope Zavvi go out of business, this is really unethical for a big retailer to do. With this and the recent MGS HD premium pack fuck up I want them to just go away.......One thing is for sure when I get my 2 replacement MGS HD packs I'll never deal with them again.

Saturn
02-07-2012, 11:39 AM
I am DEFFINITELY SICK of Zavvi.

I have ordered Warhammer 40000 from them. Took a month to arrive, but it was December/xmas so, I waited.

Then I ordered their Deus Ex CE for 39 euros early last month. No response from them and my paypal claim ended yesterday, still no refund from paypal.

Then I forgot I also had preordered the Resi Evil 3DS with the pad until I saw their mail saying the item was shipped - how dumb can I be?? Still waiting for the damn thing to arrive.

Finally, ordered the original MGS HD LE for PS3 and the Xbox version later. None has arrived yet, and both will probably arrive damaged.

To add to all that, I suddenly come across their ebay store with that ridiculous price for the Crystal Edition...

ENOUGH OF ZAVVI FOR ME. I will never buy from them again even if I have to pay double.

Gameshark
02-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Final Fantasy XIII-2 Crystal Edition (PLAY STATION 3 VERSION) is a must have version. If you don't get one soon, prepare to see them being sold on Ebay for $500+

Gemini-Phoenix
02-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Full Game Name: Final Fantasy XIII-2
Edition Name: Slipcover first print
Platform(s): PS3, X360
Region(s): UK PAL
Publisher: Square-Enix
Release Date: 3rd February 2012
Price (RRP): £39.99
Bar Code: Not known
Package Description: Same as standard release, but comes with vertical cardboard slipcover
Content Description: Same as standard release
Link(s) to source(s): -
Other Info/Pics:

In my local Tesco supermarket, I spotted some copies of FFXIII-2 wit a cardboard slipcover, and also some without. However, the one with the slipcover wasn't the Limited Edition, and was exactly the same as the standard release. The whole thing was sealed externally, so it wasn;t just slipped over the top of a standard copy

I would call it a first print release if anything, although both this and the standard copy existed on the same shelf upon release. Not to be confused with the Limited Edition release.

gurpswoo1
02-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Crap really, missed this one. Didn't see anything like that in my local Tesco.

Thanks for the heads up.

Twisted
02-15-2012, 06:21 AM
Gemini, can you please take a picture of the slipcover set?..and did the slipcover have an alternate art design or was it identical to the standard box art?..finally was it foil or flashy in any way?..

Twisted
02-15-2012, 06:37 AM
i looked at Tesco UK's website, and i see you can order the slipcover case version on-line..it is called the "o-ring" version and has the US boxart cover design.

Matrix6
02-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Not again! It was hard enough to obtain all the o-rings for Final Fantasy XIII :banghead:

Gazereths
02-15-2012, 12:21 PM
ASDA also have it for £32.97

buttah42
02-15-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm thinking it's basically the same as the Novella plus game exclusive only at bestbuy but the slipcover is just slimmer. Yes?

Ayiu
02-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Not again! It was hard enough to obtain all the o-rings for Final Fantasy XIII :banghead:
There was more than one O.o

Matrix6
02-15-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm thinking it's basically the same as the Novella plus game exclusive only at bestbuy but the slipcover is just slimmer. Yes?
What do you mean by "slimmer"?

There was more than one O.o
Yes :pooryou: I think they were exclusive to the UK only(?). One you could buy from HMV and the other was from a local store only, and you could also bid for ones with signatures on it :S

HMV exclusive 'o-ring' - Slightly different from the original cover:
http://www.playstationcollecting.com/database/images/PS3/BLES00783/box%20front1.jpg

I think there were also Japanese o-rings available??:tomato:

buttah42
02-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Like just like how regular slipcovers are, there's no space in between unlike this one I have.
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8230/img1127ge.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/img1127ge.jpg/)

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2228/img1126oz.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/img1126oz.jpg/)

I believe the other slipcover art from the UK is this one. I wish I had the other one you posted up. I tried winning it on eBay but found out he doesn't ship to U.S like like minute lol.
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5004/img1128po.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/img1128po.jpg/)

But yeah I don't think Japan had any exclusive o-rings slipcovers, but I know that HMV o-ring cover was originally on the FFXIII English_Chinese Edition of the game but a closer up shot of lightning, basically the controller bundle w/ game and Deluxe Pack. But not 100% which came first HMV or that. Oh you should know right matrix since you have it lol :D

This has nothing to do with O-rings but I just like the cover art of this:D
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9339/img1129vq.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/img1129vq.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

buttah42
02-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Oh btw does anyone know if either of those sites gemni listed ships to the U.S?

Twisted
02-15-2012, 10:11 PM
wow buttah42!..ur even alive today!!!!! hahahahahaha

Matrix6
02-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Like just like how regular slipcovers are, there's no space in between unlike this one I have.
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8230/img1127ge.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/img1127ge.jpg/)

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2228/img1126oz.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/img1126oz.jpg/)

I believe the other slipcover art from the UK is this one. I wish I had the other one you posted up. I tried winning it on eBay but found out he doesn't ship to U.S like like minute lol.
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5004/img1128po.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/img1128po.jpg/)

But yeah I don't think Japan had any exclusive o-rings slipcovers, but I know that HMV o-ring cover was originally on the FFXIII English_Chinese Edition of the game but a closer up shot of lightning, basically the controller bundle w/ game and Deluxe Pack. But not 100% which came first HMV or that. Oh you should know right matrix since you have it lol :D

This has nothing to do with O-rings but I just like the cover art of this:D
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9339/img1129vq.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/img1129vq.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
oh, I see what you mean. But these 'o-rings' are thin cardboards that slip from over the top of the game case, not the size like a slip cover for digi-paks. Bioshock had o-rings for the 1st editions as well.

And yes, I liked the Asian sleeve cover as well because they were shiny foil material types <3

...Now, I also remember the Japanese exclusives for FFXIII...they were actually alternative 'sleeve covers' with awesome art work you can find on some sort of Japanese books.
Like this;
http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/FF13-Japan-Advertising_11-29-09_01.jpg
Oh btw does anyone know if either of those sites gemni listed ships to the U.S?
Sorry, they don't ship outside of the UK :(

buttah42
02-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Ahhh ok "sleeve covers". I wouldn't mind having some of those as well but would it have included those texts on the bottom as well? Then mehh lol.

Yeah I meant it like that haha. But yeah I think the only foil covers were the 1st edition of the U.S release and the copy from the Lightning Console PS3. It's the same cover art (except U.S cover is a closer shot of lightning and Japan is a more full body one) but the Japan one from the PS3 has a greenish tinted color lol.

buttah42
02-15-2012, 10:22 PM
wow buttah42!..ur even alive today!!!!! hahahahahaha

And yes I live!!!! :wave:

Matrix6
02-15-2012, 10:37 PM
I don't remember exactly what was also written on the sleeve cover but I think it was from some sort of FFXIII convention if I remember correctly?!

I just hope they don't have more of these things for FFXIII-2 as it's quite overwhelming, bad enough I couldn't get those cool can drinks that were too expensive to import.

buttah42
02-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Yeah I know what you mean, I never actually went all in on the FFXIII release until recently lol but for FFXIII-2 I mean I've literally spent 1000s on just this particular title alone, I've got multiple copies of the U.S release both standard, and Limited for both consoles, multi language editions, lots of steelbooks(I don't know why), Limited OST, Posters, 2 Limited Consoles, console covers and so much more lol. Currently in the proccess in getting multiple Crystal Editions for both systems. One to open and others to keep you know how it goes. I mean just on the crystals I've spent nearly 2 grand alone seeing as how I can't get them at retail price :( Now I kind of want this O-ring edition now lol. Anyone able to help me get them?

Matrix6
02-15-2012, 11:22 PM
lol, y u make me dye inside? :rotf: That's so much even for me!

That's totally loyal to the royal and dedicated like an addict ;) SE sure know how to create a 'reach around' with these things :D

Not sure how far I'll go with this series, but can you imagine them making this a trilogy!!:suicide:

I love to get the console and faceplate and LE soundtrack, but it's just too exhausting on the hip wallet :surrender: I don't to chase waterfalls, so I'll give this o-rings a miss. Though I'll have to get my hands on a copy of the Asian edition with alternate cover at some stage.

buttah42
02-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Yeah man I know what you mean. I just pretty much bought all this on impulse lol. I mean I wouldn't mind them making it a trilogy, purely because I'm a fan of the series even though second one was kind of dissapointing IMO. But yeah with all the extra goodies I would dread that lol. Just come out with Versus XIII already lol.

Are you talking about the Asian edition I posted the pic up before? If so would you like to buy one from me lol. I have like 8 of these totals I DON'T KNOW WHY! :D

Matrix6
02-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Yes, the Asian version with Japanese VO and English/Chinese subs and alternate sleeve cover.

Thank you for the offer, but I'm afraid I will have to resist :S
I'm awaiting the inevitable sale from Playasia and cheap shipping would cost far less from them. I'd like to have a G2 steelbook but that can wait.

buttah42
02-16-2012, 01:09 AM
Hey understandable lol. I never really understood why shipping is so expense between AU and US lol. I was going to sell mine for how much I bought it for, $55. Like 10 bucks cheaper than play-Asia :)

twistedsymphony
02-18-2012, 04:43 PM
*** Added pictures of the US PS3 Collector's Edition ***

On a personal note I feel like this CE has arguably the highest quality of construction of any CE I've seen in years.

gurpswoo1
02-23-2012, 03:24 PM
I have ordered a slip cover version sealed, will take pictures and upload.

nipperkipper
02-23-2012, 04:47 PM
I have ordered a slip cover version sealed, will take pictures and upload.

Did you order from Asda?

gurpswoo1
02-23-2012, 06:25 PM
LOL - Didn't want to take risk. Ordered off ebay.

evilvort3x
02-23-2012, 06:43 PM
instore in asda too mate?

gurpswoo1
02-23-2012, 07:51 PM
How much is it in asda, i paid £20 for my copy.

evilvort3x
02-23-2012, 07:54 PM

Gazereths
02-25-2012, 03:22 AM
How come it's so cheap at ASDA?

gurpswoo1
02-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Supermarkets are under pricing competition to get people to shop there.

Other stores are selling at this price also: http://www.find-game.co.uk/29417-Final-Fantasy-13-2.htm#B004K1ERTU

questate
02-25-2012, 01:39 PM
How much is it in asda, i paid £20 for my copy.

Is that £20 including the sealed game?

I got my copies today, both in perfect condition

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3239/img0610ky.jpg

mosavon
02-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Nice, did you pick up the fortune hunter in Tesco too?

questate
02-25-2012, 03:51 PM
Nice, did you pick up the fortune hunter in Tesco too?

Thanks! Lolz, yeah Tescos were selling FHEs on discount, massive stack in near the checkouts ;)

:rotf:

mosavon
02-25-2012, 03:52 PM
:beer: Congrats

gurpswoo1
03-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Ok finally got my order and taken some pictures, the sleeve is not mint so will have to get another:nono:.

Here are the pictures:

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/3325/ff1322.jpg

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/3976/ff1321.jpg

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2806/ff1323.jpg

questate
03-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Ok finally got my order and taken some pictures, the sleeve is not mint so will have to get another:nono:.

Here are the pictures:

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/3325/ff1322.jpg

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/3976/ff1321.jpg

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2806/ff1323.jpg

You got this for £20 on ebay Gee? Thats a bargain considering the lowest in supermarkets to my knowledge is £25 approx which itself is quite competitive in my opinion.

gurpswoo1
03-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Yeah a good price but I wanted a mint Slip-case, It's the same story with my recent Dark alliance Slip case

questate
03-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Yeah a good price but I wanted a mint Slip-case, It's the same story with my recent Dark alliance Slip case
Sorry am I missing something? What is a mini slip case?

vhal_x
03-01-2012, 10:51 PM
He wrote mint not mini :) xx

questate
03-01-2012, 10:53 PM
He wrote mint not mini :) xx

lol, oops my bad :D

Thanks Vanessa :)

Ryu Kazama
03-01-2012, 11:23 PM
So is this still available in Tescos or Asda? I may have to pop in tomorrow after all.

Edit: Just saw Tesco's site. What does 'O-Ring' even mean and why is it cheaper than the standard one? So bizarre...

questate
03-01-2012, 11:25 PM
So is this still available in Tescos or Asda? I may have to pop in tomorrow after all.

I ordered online from Asda for £25 each. They came in pretty decent condition.

gurpswoo1
03-02-2012, 12:00 PM

Edit: Just saw Tesco's site. What does 'O-Ring' even mean and why is it cheaper than the standard one? So bizarre...

O-ring means Slipcase or Over-cover.

It's likely cheaper because many buyers don't understand what it means and so sales are lower on that version. Pure guess though.

Matrix6
03-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Sop preeety :D Wish I could just get the slip cover <3

gurpswoo1
03-02-2012, 11:02 PM
**Added Final Fantasy Xiii-2 Slipcase Edition PS3 + Xbox 360**
**Added Final Fantasy Xiii-2 Limited Collector's Edition PS3 + Xbox 360**
**Added Final Fantasy Xiii-2 Crystal Edition PS3 + Xbox 360**

Twisted
03-03-2012, 06:02 AM
i think it's just because it's "old" inventory, and they need to move them out..since it's a hinderence to the standard cover..to them, it's nothing more than a release day promo piece..and now that the dust has settled..they need to move the old lot, to make room for the "newer version" sitting in warehouses..since' this 1 looks different then the "current version" which is identical to the standard case game,..this 1 get's the chopping block.

Gazereths
04-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Sorry to drag this thread up again but I just got one of these o-ring editions in-store from ASDA in Mansfield Notts, they are selling them for £20 on both platforms.....They had a draw full of them so expect to see the price go down even further.

You could probably get £15-20 for the sealed game on ebay if you just wanted the slipcase/o-ring.

twistedsymphony
04-04-2012, 09:03 PM
did you mean to post that in the FFXIII thread?

that seems quite cheap for a game as new as XIII-2

Gazereths
04-04-2012, 09:41 PM
No it's the XIII-2 o-ring edition with the slipcase cover....ASDA must be making a loss or very little profit on them....Sealed game with slip case.

Likey
04-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Interesting. Didn't even know there was a clip cover for FFXIII-2. I guess the steelcase makes this sort of redundant, however I still want it!!!

twistedsymphony
04-21-2012, 06:05 PM
*** Added Photos for region 2 PS3 Slipcase Edition ***
Thank you to gurpswoo1 for the photos

twistedsymphony
04-21-2012, 08:43 PM
*** Added Xbox 360/PS3 Novella Edition ***
*** Photos Added for region 1 PS3 Novella Edition ***

Likey
04-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Damn this forum - it's making me spend lol!

I saw the recent pictures of the slipcover that I didn't know existed so decided I wanted better than that. The hardcover version of the novella book comes with a bigger slipcover but only available from Best Buy - I'm assuming it is made with decent thickness for the cardboard as it reminds me of the Crisis Core Limited Edition boxset.

The seller on Ebay said that he will be posting it out and having it flat between thick cardboard to keep it sturdy, sounds like it has a flap top allow it to do that so it doesn't sound like it'll be thick cardboard. Can someone confirm and take photos if possible?

I bought one from eBay yesterday for £10 but the delivery cost more than the item unfortunately. :/

I also intend to get the FFXIII-2 Chinese/English version so will put that in there. I'll also get the FFXIII version as well, both will be opened as I want to play the game with Japanese voice at some point. I've completed both games recently but still working on getting the platinum trophies.

http://collectorsedition.org/uploads/2012/04/final_fantasy_xiii-2_novella_ps3_1_square_enix_best_buy_01.jpg

http://collectorsedition.org/uploads/2012/04/final_fantasy_xiii-2_novella_ps3_1_square_enix_best_buy_03.jpg