PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Canada!

biscuitnoir
12-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Hey guys :)

I'm new to collecting games steelbooks, in fact I only have one so far, but 4 more in the mail!

Really happy to be here!

Expect some good laughs, comments, trades and obviously steelbook hunting on my end :bananayes:

And happy new year to you all :wave:

Mehdi aka biscuitnoir

jugolicious
12-31-2011, 05:11 PM
Hello fellow Canadian =)

Welcome to the forums!!

Good luck on your Steelbook hunt!

biscuitnoir
01-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Thank you jugolicious :)

I've already found some more, I'm just waiting for my buddy in France to wake up now lol!

Noodles
01-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Hey Mehdi! Good to see you here mate. :)

I almost suggested this site to you yesterday when we were discussing game steels, but then I forgot all about it. :facepalm:

Anyway... welcome to the forums!

biscuitnoir
01-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Woohoo, Nick you're here as well, wicked!

Thank you for the warm welcome brother :D :beer:

Ryaku
01-04-2012, 07:24 PM
welcome here ;)

Lemur
01-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Welcome! :wave:

You're from Canada and have 1 steelbook? That's crazy! Canadians should be swimming in steels :barsong:

biscuitnoir
01-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Welcome! :wave:

You're from Canada and have 1 steelbook? That's crazy! Canadians should be swimming in steels :barsong:

:newhere:

Everybody has to start somewhere right :)

I'm a latercomer in this game but I'm gonna try and catch up.

I have some more steels on their way to me:

- Uncharted 3 (just the steel, not the whole edition)

- Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 (whole set)

- Batman Arkham City (Penguin Edition from blockbuster.co.uk)

- Deus Ex Human Revolution

- Killzone 3 Helghat Edition (whole set <--- <3 )

- Crysis 2 Nano Edition France (even tho I'm getting the whole shabang, I'm only going to ask my buddy to ship me the nanosuit bag and the steel, the figurine and artbook I'm not getting, too bulky).

Lemur
01-06-2012, 01:43 AM
I just found it funny that you didn't start with the Canadian FS steels. Those are probably available everywhere for you.

Anyway it's nice to see another steelbook collector. I also started dedicating my collection to mostly steelbooks recently. :barsong:

biscuitnoir
01-06-2012, 01:45 AM
Well I've pre-ordered the Final Fantasy from Future Shop, that's a good start now ain't it :)

As for the other ones I'm getting they are the results of trades with bluray steelbooks (I have a lot of these lol).

And last time I went to FS, they didn't have any steels left. Plus from what I know, the latest ones released were G1, and I don't like them at all :(

Onyxia
01-06-2012, 03:06 AM
Welcome! :D
Nice to see a fellow Canadian!
I'm sure your collection will grow in no time!

biscuitnoir
01-06-2012, 03:18 AM
Thank you Onyxia :)

Great collection by the way :thumb:

Mike1888
01-06-2012, 04:08 AM
Welcome!! :D Will enjoy watching you build your steelbook collection.

:welcome:

Lemur
01-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Well I've pre-ordered the Final Fantasy from Future Shop, that's a good start now ain't it :)

As for the other ones I'm getting they are the results of trades with bluray steelbooks (I have a lot of these lol).

And last time I went to FS, they didn't have any steels left. Plus from what I know, the latest ones released were G1, and I don't like them at all :(

Ah a G2 collector! Very nice. Personally I prefer G2 as well since I collect for PS3 but they keep releasing G1s for PS3. I'm sure you will soon be swimming in steels :ok:

Twisted
01-07-2012, 06:48 AM
welcome!!! i think for the upcoming years, G1 will predominate, it is the "standard" format for now, i see it as a G1/G2 70-30 split..so as a true collector u may want to actually go with G1