PDA

View Full Version : Help from Russia

themidlandmaster
01-27-2012, 05:55 AM
If someone from Russia could order these and ship them to me id really appreciate it.

http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/7105592/?item=7313175

http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/7094949/?item=4657786

Cheers

Dean

Dean

thefunk007
01-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Hey Dean - it seems they are in stock for 800 rubles which is around 26 USD - Sirren can you confirm if these have them in stock?

26 USD is a little cheaper than $150....

sleepwalker
01-27-2012, 01:26 PM
I said all I have to say on this topic in the corresponding "For Sale" thread.

But for you guys I repeat, since we dealt before. First thing I did when I discovered this edition was that I ordered three copies from OZON, since I knew at least 3 people would be interested. But all those copies came to me either with ripped seals and slight dents, or major dents in one case, which is unacceptable, so I had to ship all of the Mass Effect back at that point. After that I had been ordering from small stores by phone, and asking personnel to superprotectively pack it up and ship to me. I don't know whether in case of Ozon those were the last copies they had in stock and are actually those that are once again for sale now, or if I was just that unlucky or if it was the fault of our post.

I have called over 70+ small stores so far (the kind of stores that are local, within small cities, that do not even ship within Russia), and only had been able to locate 14 copies that are in minty mint condition.
Not going to risk dealing with stores that had let me down before. And just to clarify, after all expenses, average profit I make from a sold copy was not higher than $30 for me in any case.

Regards,
Renat

PS: As per Midlands request - he knows my answer.

thefunk007
01-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Ok no problem, I hope the 10 I have ordered arrive in mint condition :-)

sleepwalker
01-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Ozon is still somewhat more reliable out of all of the stores. I was very surprised to receive steelbooks in this condition.

Soyuz is just superbad, that was the place where I was planning to get L4D for you in the first place, but you know how it turned out to be, haha :(

thefunk007
01-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Yeah I have not ordered from either of those stores!

No please let's not talk about LFD :-(

gurpswoo1
01-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Also, don't take this wrong Sirren, But Russia postal system is very bad. items take weeks to get anywhere and don't get me started on customs.

sleepwalker
01-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Haha, I wouldnt even have a reason to try and argue about Russian Post, because it is true. That is why I always pack my things in several layers of bubblewrap and a nice box.
I wish I was living in UK for this matter. You guys have it easy :(