asiak75
02-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Want To Buy
Title:Yoshitaka Amano art book SKY THE ART OF FINAL FANTASY
Platform:N/A
region:N/A
Condition: NEW (Sealed, new, used,etc)
Link to DB Entry: (if exists)

Willing to pay astronomical money for this rare edition that unfortunately was canceled on Amazon after having it pre-ordered 6 Month prior release:suicide:

Matrix6
02-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Same thing happened to me, I think it happened to all amazon stores including bookdepository?!

It may not exist at the moment?? Typically similar to what happened with the GT5 and inFamous Art books among others perhaps??

asiak75
02-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Yes and no it does exist since it came out in Japan. Question is why and how it was not accordingly exported.

I am starting to be a bit annoyed to see items on Amazon that are for Pre order and than just either are canceled or just vanish. If they have no deal with the publishers than they should not give the option in the first place. But hey probably more frustration talking here.

On the other hand the only thing I found is an eBay listing...get ready to be astonished by the listing price...: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Yoshitaka-Amano-art-book-SKY-ART-FINAL-FANTASY-Paperback-japan-/270905120121?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item3f13341579#ht_4881wt_1139

As for Infamous and Gears of War 3 Art book I know Ballistic has to be blamed since they want to keep their sells. But again, Amazon has to set terms with publishers.

Its a shame.

Matrix6
02-06-2012, 10:55 AM
I was aware that it did come out in Japan, though that was back in 2001.

The one listed and not available on every amazon site that was supposed to be sold [this year] was an English version. It's basically the Japanese version but with an English translation and a little less content.

I doubt amazon is at fault here, the publisher probably cancelled it for some reason. So it's probably best to seek out answers from the publisher themselves.

As for the eBay listing, that's the Japanese [2001] version only and not the non-existent 2012 English version.

Madigan
02-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Lol it wasn't canceled, they pushed the release date back due to logistical problems

Read this thread (http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=399751&page=2)

"The book (actually books) in question were not published. If I remember correctly, it was discovered that the editor of the project did not provide the correct information to Diamond (our primary comics shop and bookstore distributor) regarding the set. The information most stores received was that it was a single volume for $130. Order for that particular "product" were so low we could not afford to print.

I believe it is being reworked so that it can be offered again. Again, I'll track down the current status of the book and let you know what I find out."

So asiak75 and Matrix, calm down, everything is under control :beach::beach::beach:

Matrix6
02-06-2012, 11:40 AM
@Madigan Thanks for the info. Lol, I wasn't raging or too concerned. I was baffled as to why it was no longer available though I haven't delved into it to deep either. I also made sure that amazon wasn't just playing us, so I checked around other sites and realised nobody seem to have received a copy and eBay pretty much confirmed that for me :D

Wherever you got that quote from, I'll be sure to keep on checking the amazon sites for if/when they list it back open for pre-order.

asiak75
02-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Cheers guy's some hope after all.

The other sad story was with the Rockstar release. Not sure if anyone remembers they were supposed to release a kind of art book with contents in tree volumes. Same story it was canceled and did not hear anything anymore since.

So basically its waiting time...not one of my favorite pass time though...