PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

Collector's Edition
02-22-2011, 07:47 PM
naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-generations-card-edition-ps3-2
...view this game on the homepage (http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-generations-card-edition-ps3-2)

Ryu Kazama
02-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Full Game Name: Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations
Edition Name: Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations Card Edition
Platform(s): PS3/360
Region(s): UK, PAL
Publisher: namco bandai
Release Date: March 30 2012
Price (RRP): £45
Bar Code: (if known)
Package Description: Exclusive folded box, 51 card starter pack, 8 card booster pack, signed poster by Kishimoto
Content Description:
Link(s) to source(s): PS3 Zavvi (http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-generations-zavvi-exclusive-card-edition/10593359.html)
360 Zavvi (http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-generations-zavvi-exclusive-card-edition/10593358.html)
Other Info/Pics:

gurpswoo1
02-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the heads up Ryu Kazama. I am have been waiting for the listing to go up for full confirmation.

To be honest I can't be bothered with Zavvi anymore.

gurpswoo1
02-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Added Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations Card edition UK, GER and Europe PS3

Added Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations Card edition UK, GER and Europe Xbox 360

Neilikki
02-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Matsuyama

They can't even get the name of the original creator of the series right? F*ck, that's dumb.

Ryu Kazama
02-23-2012, 01:55 PM
^Yeah, I know haha!

Though it COULD be the information namco gave to Zavvi themselves. Who know.

gurpswoo1
02-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Do you know the correct spelling, because all the news outlets are spelling it the same as above.

thanks

vhal_x
02-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Isn't it Masashi Kishimoto? xx

EDIT: As in, Kishimoto is the original author of Naruto - Hiroshi Matsuyama is the President of CC2 xx

gurpswoo1
02-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Wow they haven't even got it close.

Saturn
02-23-2012, 10:13 PM
I bet this will be released over here likethe previous Naruto editions. I won't order anything from Zavvi anymore.

Ryu Kazama
02-24-2012, 12:29 PM
What Vhal said. Kishimoto is his name.

Probably will get this. Little Kakashi and more Yondaime? Yeah boi!

Neilikki
02-24-2012, 09:14 PM
I bet this will be released over here likethe previous Naruto editions. I won't order anything from Zavvi anymore.

Yes, I guess it's only zavvi exclusive in England, and it's going to be normally distributed in other countries.

Man, I already ordered so many things for March, I only have money for one more thing, I don't know if I should pick this or Operation Raccoon City LE :(

Saturn
02-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Yes, I guess it's only zavvi exclusive in England, and it's going to be normally distributed in other countries.

Man, I already ordered so many things for March, I only have money for one more thing, I don't know if I should pick this or Operation Raccoon City LE :(

I'll keep an eye on this edition once it gets here. There are still a few from the previous game lurking around and some day they'll probably get a price drop. I'll see how many there will be. The first game's LE was sold out pretty quick but recently one store sold a few copies for only 5 euros. Hopefully this one won't be a problem in the future.

BTW what version of Racoon City are you talking about? Is anything going to be released in europe?

Neilikki
02-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Wait, what? You mean there are still somewhere copies of this (http://www.incgamers.com/images/screenshots/22622orig.jpg) lying freely with their original prices?

And I was talking about US limited edition of RC

Saturn
02-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Wait, what? You mean there are still somewhere copies of this (http://www.incgamers.com/images/screenshots/22622orig.jpg) lying freely with their original prices?

And I was talking about US limited edition of RC

Yes, there are some places that still have that edition lying around. And I'm talking about the surroundings of the place I live at, if you search the rest of my country I'm sure you can find more copies because there are some areas with main stores that don't sell so well. I saw the 360 version a couple of weeks ago, I no longer remember where but I saw it, and it was more than just one copy.

Neilikki
02-25-2012, 12:38 AM
Wow, really? And which language do usually games come in Portugal?

Saturn
02-25-2012, 01:07 AM
Wow, really? And which language do usually games come in Portugal?

The games themselves are UK versions 99,99% of the times. Some have other languages besides english, sony 1st party games even have portuguese dubs but usually all the other languages are selectable because many serious players don't like portuguese dubs. Only the back of the boxes don't come in english some times, but the majority still does.

vhal_x
02-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Is this sold out now? xx

nipperkipper
02-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Dont know if its been cancelled or sold out - still appears in my order account though

vhal_x
02-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Damn. I was gonna preorder it for my boyfriend :( I actually already told him I did preorder it (because I thought I had) but I realised this morning I didn't :facepalm: xx

vhal_x
02-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Has anyone preordered a second copy of this? Or a first copy they might not want? xx

Neilikki
02-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Strange, they completely removed the page as if it was gone forever. That doesn't usually happens with new games, let alone pre-orders. If it was sold out, for now it should appear as "sold out". Even if people bought all of the copies they expect to receive, they can't be sure if there won't be any cancelled pre-orders or returns.
I hope it will get clarified, I was going to buy it :S

vhal_x
02-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Same, I wanted to buy it too xx

nipperkipper
02-28-2012, 05:54 PM
I dont know what to make of Zavvis system - it still appears as awaiting stock pick for me - i have emailed them, lets see what they say

Digi
02-28-2012, 06:19 PM
the edition is still available for preorder at hmv.com if that helps

Neilikki
02-28-2012, 06:29 PM
I can't see anything on hmv. Link?

Digi
02-28-2012, 06:32 PM
I saw the 44.99 price,the same one as on zavvi so i thought it was the edition. My mistake guys

gurpswoo1
02-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Are you sure, it's supposed to be exclusive to Zavvi.

Edit: just seen your reply, guess it was the normal version.

Ryu Kazama
02-29-2012, 09:48 PM
UGH! I hope it's an error. Do NOT want to miss out on this. My way of the Ninja does not allow it! Ugggghhh!

Assuming this is sold out and someone has a spare PM me ASAP.

Neilikki
03-01-2012, 09:11 PM
I dont know what to make of Zavvis system - it still appears as awaiting stock pick for me - i have emailed them, lets see what they say

So, did they get back to you, Nipper?

Saturn
03-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Fear not, it it gets released over here like the previous editions I will probably be able to find a few copies.

SquirrelRaper
03-02-2012, 05:11 PM
its also on amazon.de

nipperkipper
03-03-2012, 01:02 AM
So, did they get back to you, Nipper?

Yes they did, they said

'Your order has been accepted for the items in question, at this present time we do not have any plans to restock this'

it feels like a generic automated reply though so i am taking it with a pinch of salt

Gemini-Phoenix
03-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Does anyone know what has happened to this release? It seems to have disappeared into thin air. Did it sell out on pre-orders already after only being up a week? Doubtful...

I've asked Zavvi via Twitter, and I eagerly await their reply:

https://twitter.com/#!/CEdotORG/status/175345046961389569 (https://twitter.com/#%21/CEdotORG/status/175345046961389569)

Perhaps if several people Retweet that post, Zavvi may take notice & give us a reply! ;)

RyT
03-04-2012, 08:49 AM
If you guys are interested, you can order from jbhifi.com.au

Link: http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-generations/

Neilikki
03-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Does anyone know what has happened to this release? It seems to have disappeared into thin air. Did it sell out on pre-orders already after only being up a week? Doubtful...

I've asked Zavvi via Twitter, and I eagerly await their reply:

https://twitter.com/#!/CEdotORG/status/175345046961389569 (https://twitter.com/#%21/CEdotORG/status/175345046961389569)

Perhaps if several people Retweet that post, Zavvi may take notice & give us a reply! ;)

Yeah, I doubt it would sell out that fast, and even if it did, I don't think they would remove the whole page as soon as possible.
Anyway, they are useless when asked via facebook, so they probably will give you some generic reply that clears nothing too.

If you guys are interested, you can order from jbhifi.com.au

Link: http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-generations/

Ouch. The exchange rate is killing the deal hard.

nipperkipper
03-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I doubt it would sell out that fast, and even if it did, I don't think they would remove the whole page as soon as possible.
Anyway, they are useless when asked via facebook, so they probably will give you some generic reply that clears nothing too.

Ouch. The exchange rate is killing the deal hard.

Yeh tell me about it £45 here - ~£70 there

I feel sorry for you aussies

Digi
03-22-2012, 06:24 PM
I received this just now from zavvi...

Thank you for choosing to pre-order Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (Exclusive) with zavvi.com

Recent updates confirm that the Card Edition is no longer available. This means that the packaging will not be as it was when previously advertised. We truly are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

We have not cancelled your order as an alternative bundle has been arranged. This will include more than the original offered, but won’t be in the same presentation box.

Included will be the following:

- Game Inc Booster Pack of Cards
- A3 Poster
- Starter Pack
- 5 additional Booster Packs

gurpswoo1
03-22-2012, 06:41 PM
The game some with Booster pack anyway. So these are bundle items now.

Glad I don't have this order.

Neilikki
03-22-2012, 07:33 PM
I found this edition in one of my local online game shops, so I'm not too worried anymore and I'm going to get it when I have some spare money.

Probably it's the same for the other countries within EU.

I really don't know what happened with zavvi, regarding this game.

vhal_x
03-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Glad I didn't manage to preorder this now :/ xx

Gemini-Phoenix
03-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Yea, from the sounds of it they're just fabricating yet another CE from bits and pieces they have lying around, just like they did with several other CE's I could mention...

nipperkipper
03-23-2012, 04:43 PM
The game some with Booster pack anyway. So these are bundle items now.

Glad I don't have this order.

i asked them about this and they saiit is no longer called the 'card' edition hence why they sent the email - zavvi has said this will still come in a box sealed but with different artwork - i have it on order and so will let you guys know but i have a feeling this is going back

Gemini-Phoenix
03-23-2012, 05:05 PM
It makes you wonder why they don't just update the images on their site with an actual image of the product. It would remove all doubt that way...

Neilikki
03-23-2012, 05:30 PM
It makes you wonder why they don't just update the images on their site with an actual image of the product. It would remove all doubt that way...

But there isn't even a page dedicated to this anymore, so what are they supposed to update?

KG_T
03-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Hey guys, first time poster here.

Way back at the start of the month I emailed Namco Bandai UK to see what the situation with the Card Edition was. I actually completely forgot I even emailed them - around 3 days ago (the 20th) I received this:

"Hi there,

Regarding Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations we're still looking into the card edition and we should be announcing some news later this week. Please visit http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/news/list or follow us at @NamcoBandaiUK for more news.

Regards,

Namco Bandai Customer Support"

And a few tweets from NamcoBandaiUK:

@NamcoBandaiUK i cant find NUNS generations card edition anywhere :( why did they remove it from zavvi? can i order it anywhere else?
@chazman360 Still working to secure NUNS card edition with retailers.

@NamcoBandaiUK would you be able to tell me which shops to keep checking for naruto shippuden ultimate ninja storm generation card edition
@cursednaruto at the moment I can't even do that. We are still in talks with all retailers.

Both those tweets were yesterday (the 22nd)

Seems they are still trying to get someone to stock it.

KG_T
03-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Well sadly it was confirmed today that the Card Edition will not be available in the UK.

People who pre-ordered with Zavvi will get the poster and cards that come with the Card Edition anyway though, apparently.

If anyone has pre-ordered with Zavvi and doesn't really want the poster/card's etc, please private message me as I would be very interested in buying it - I'm a massive Naruto fan and love collecting things related too it, so the fact I'm missing out on a poster signed by Kishimoto himself is annoying to say the least!

gurpswoo1
03-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the information, did they give any reasons by the Card Edition was cancelled.

KG_T
03-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the information, did they give any reasons by the Card Edition was cancelled.

Nope. When questioned Namco Bandai UK said "Sadly I have to give you the horribly generic response of 'I'm sorry but I can't proivde any further information'. Im very sorry."

Ryu Kazama
03-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Don't think the poster was hand sized. Maybe it is but I kinda doubt it for this.

Would love to have gotten a copy but alas, I suppose importing it later on would be the way to go.

Legendhawk
04-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Here is my Naruto Shippuden : Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations Card Edition PS3 UNBOXING !
This nice and cool looking Naruto edition ;) hope you like it .

gMSexuZhvb0

Contains :

Naruto Shippuden : Ultimate Ninja Storm Generation Card Edition

-: Signed Naruto Poster
-: Deck with 50 cards
-: game with a single 8 card pack
-: Cardboard box with artwork

nipperkipper
04-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Well as usual, Zavvi have made a complete cock up of this, it was just a random collection of items, no box at all

vhal_x
04-04-2012, 09:48 PM
People had already found this out, I think they sent emails out to people who'd preordered - did you not receive one?

There was also a big discussion about it on here :hug: xx

nipperkipper
04-05-2012, 02:28 AM
People had already found this out, I think they sent emails out to people who'd preordered - did you not receive one?

There was also a big discussion about it on here :hug: xx

i did get the email but i asked zavvi cs and they said it will come boxed but not with same artwork - what i got what a sealed game with a poster and booster pack all seperate

Gemini-Phoenix
04-13-2012, 03:04 AM
Well as usual, Zavvi have made a complete cock up of this, it was just a random collection of items, no box at all

You mean it was the same as the Aussie version, but obviously without the box because it has Aussie rating logos on it. ;)

Zavvi clearly aquired the edition from Australia, and then butchered it, and swapped the game with a UK version. To be honest, I saw this coming when they announced the switch. Bad form, Zavvi, bad form!

If past experiences have taught us anything, it's to be very wary of Zavvi exclusives, as they often fall short of expectations, and are very often not as expected. I honestly don't know how they're still allowed to secure exclusive edtions!

Ryu Kazama
04-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Haven't seen it mentioned here yet but it seems an English EU version was released. All over eBay for not so low prices. Not sure how this was overlooked...who even sold it originally?

gurpswoo1
04-25-2012, 01:11 PM
There are a few countries that release English PEGI version, but it depends on the game.

Mass effect 2 CE for example had a English PEGI release but not sure which country had it.