PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

AlliDfense
03-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Hello all AlliD here new to collecting but not to gaming (corny lol). Been gaming since the NES days mostly console games (360,ps3) very little pc gaming, in terms of collecting just started recently I will take pics and post later on this week here is my current collection (newer stuff listed first)

Mass Effect 3 Collectors Edition
Skyrim Collectors Edition
Gears of War 3 Epic Edition
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition
Batman Arkham City Collectors Edition
Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition
Little Big Planet 2 Limited Edition
Killzone 3 Helghast Edition
Infamous 2 Collectors Edition
Mortal Kombat Collectors Edition
DC Universe Online Collectors Edition
Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition
Assassins Creed Brotherhood Collectors Edition
Assassins Creed II Collectors Edition
Assassins Creed Collectors Edition
Grand Theft Auto IV Collectors Edition
Ghostbusters Slimer Edition (Amazon exclusive)

Im trying to hunt down some older Collectors Mass Effect 1, Fallotu 3 etc...does anyone have any good sites to buy from other then ebay, and amazon?

gurpswoo1
03-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the forum

Great collection

eBay really is the best place, bargains can also be found at online classifieds.

Other than this forum and a few others there are few avenues for older editions.

vhal_x
03-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Welcome :)

Can't wait for some photos :D

I usually use ebay for CEs, although at the minute I'm focusing on recent/upcoming ones rather than older, so on here has been a huge help :) xx

AlliDfense
03-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Welcome to the forum

Great collection

eBay really is the best place, bargains can also be found at online classifieds.

Other than this forum and a few others there are few avenues for older editions.

Thanks ya Ive done alot of "googling" for older editions and usualyl the first 5-10 search results are direct links to ebay auctions.

foreverflash
03-13-2012, 06:59 AM
Welcome Alli! Look forwarding to ogling at your collection pictures...

As the others said, ebay is the main source for older games. Sometimes amazon has a thing or two hidden away in some dusty corner of it's site. I'm pretty good at finding stuff (so are a lot of others on CE.o) so if you're stuck and can't find something just ask any one of us and usually we'll be more than happy to help!

:wave:

AlliDfense
03-13-2012, 03:34 PM
thanks guys!!!! I didnt even know about steelbooks till I came to this site now I just purchased Batman/catwoman steelbook for arkham city on ebay.

Pictures coming today or tmrw....:)

AlliDfense
03-14-2012, 01:20 AM
bare with me here I just moved in to this place 3 weeks ago and Im still unpacking I work for an accountant so more time at work then home during tax season lol. I have a good amount not picture here anyways here we go...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/dfenseownsu/IMG_0911.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/dfenseownsu/IMG_0912.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/dfenseownsu/IMG_0915.jpg

foreverflash
03-14-2012, 01:53 AM
Nice stuff! REALLY loving the batman gameinformer frame. is that just a blown up version of the gameinformer cover?

AlliDfense
03-14-2012, 01:57 AM
thanks. yea I got it thru the power up rewards program with gamestop for 6,000 points. then had it framed.

foreverflash
03-14-2012, 02:02 AM
thanks. yea I got it thru the power up rewards program with gamestop for 6,000 points. then had it framed.Really? I've had such bad luck w/ the powerup rewards. I've tried twice now to get the splatterhouse statue through them worth 8,000 points and both times they shipped me the statue loose in it's own collector's box - no shipping box used and no protection - they literally slapped a shipping label right onto the collector box. I was so sad and upset. Twice they ship it to me this way. I'm trying to get it sorted out...

The box both times was all scuffed/dented/torn. What you'd expect for it having no protection at all. You don't treat a collector's box like a shipping box you know? So not good experience so far w/ me and Powerup rewards...

AlliDfense
03-14-2012, 03:11 AM
Oh ive had that issue with them too but on a poster. I had ordered another poster but the container they shipped it in had only one cover on it the other side they duck taped closed so during delivery in the hot UPS truck the damn duck tape melted onto part of hte posted. I sent it back and got a refund on my points.