PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Hitman: Codename 47 (original BIG BOX release) PC

foreverflash
03-30-2012, 12:27 AM
Want To Buy
Title: Hitman: Codename 47 (the original BIG box PC release)
Platform: PC
Region: NTSC or PAL
Release Year: 2000
Condition: Not important - I just want to find one so I know it exists!

For years I've searched off and on for this. Nothing. Just nothing. I've never once found a listing on ebay, a picture on google images or ANYTHING to prove that a BIG BOX version of Codename 47 for PC even exists. I really believe it does, as this was back in 2000 and they were still releasing big boxes (even small big boxes - not the huge ones).

The only shred of proof I have that this even exists is this here:
http://www.cheatcodesgalore.com/boxart/pc/Hitman_Codename_47.jpg

Which as you can see from how small the picture is - this is hardly concrete proof of anything and it basically sucks for a reference - but it's all I could find. Every listing I've ever seen on ebay or amazon has always been for a jewel case w/o any indication of an original big box.

Puk
03-30-2012, 01:32 AM
There was a Box Edition of the Game.
This photo is from 2004 from a guy who sold it an a german "used-game" Website.

http://www.abload.de/img/47l2u44.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=47l2u44.jpg)

I am looking for it too :-).
There are several games "out there" which seems impossible to get....
If i think back on the "Janes F-15 Officers Edition"...halleluhja...nearly 8 years of searching...and pow...i got 6 of it...new!!

foreverflash
03-30-2012, 01:37 AM
There was a Box Edition of the Game.
This photo is from 2004 from a guy who sold it an a german "used-game" Website.

I am looking for it too :-).
There are several games "out there" which seems impossible to get....
If i think back on the "Janes F-15 Officers Edition"...halleluhja...nearly 8 years of searching...and pow...i got 6 of it...new!!

Oh my God man THANK YOU so much for this!! You have no idea what it means to me to know a BIG box version of this TRULY does exist. Wow. This makes me so happy man. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Now I have an actual real picture of it as proof.

Is that picture yours from your own collection? Do you have any side or angle shots of it to show depth of the box?

Any ideas where "we" could find this?

If you do find one (or more) of these please let me know man. This has been a goal of mine to obtain this for YEARS and YEARS...

Puk
03-30-2012, 01:56 AM
No, i do not have it.
But i will find it sooner or later.
If you search for it use, beside of your other keywords, the keyword "Eurobox", it is a common word on the german Ebay platform.
And use specialized search software for it.

foreverflash
03-30-2012, 01:59 AM
No, i do not have it.
But i will find it sooner or later.
If you search for it use, beside of your other keywords, the keyword "Eurobox", it is a common word on the german Ebay platform.
And use specialized search software for it.Thanks Puk. You just made me the happiest damn collector this side of the world now that I know that box exists...

What do you mean by "specialized" search software?

Puk
03-30-2012, 02:16 AM
I use "BayWatcher pro" (for searching,watching,catching, prize analysis over long time periods, how many games were sold over long time etc.) or BayHunter(for fast search).
Both ar extreme fast and make it easier for me to find something.
The best for me, i dont have to use Ebay`s own searching functions itself.
Takes to much time and it is exhausting.
Both programs have also an embedded "typing error search" function, which is really helpful.

foreverflash
03-30-2012, 02:21 AM
I use "BayWatcher pro" (for searching,watching,catching, prize analysis over long time periods, how many games were sold over long time etc.) or BayHunter(for fast search).
Both ar extreme fast and make it easier for me to find something.
The best for me, i dont have to use Ebay`s own searching functions itself.
Takes to much time and it is exhausting.
Both programs have also an embedded "typing error search" function, which is really helpful.
WOW neat. Never heard of this program. Never even knew there was such programs to help you with searching. Does this program "Auto" search all sites for you somehow? Like it will search ebay in all countries/languages? Or amazon too at the same time?

I'll definitely have to check into this. Thanks once again Puk...you've been a HUGE help to me today. :1:

foreverflash
03-30-2012, 02:48 AM
Admin please delete (double post)

Puk
03-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Hi,
You can use the software for everything not only games.
And now the sad news :-(.
They are only in german....didnt know it until now.
But look for yourself for Ebay tools :-). I think you will find a lot which can be usefull for you.
And if i find sometimes "this" Hitman, i will inform you first.

davidw
03-30-2012, 11:34 AM
good to see someone getting their search validated - nothing like searching for something for months, years even and never finding it...

foreverflash
03-30-2012, 03:25 PM
@puk: did you mean the search software is ONLY German or the big box pc game for codename 47? I think you meant the software right?

@david: I know man. You have NO idea! I've been a fan of Hitman since it began and since I've been online shopping I remember looking for Hitman games never to find any information regarding the first hitman w/ a big box. Now I have a real picture as proof and it's a great feeling! There is hope! :P

Puk
03-30-2012, 05:44 PM
I did mean the Ebay software :-).

foreverflash
03-30-2012, 05:51 PM
I did mean the Ebay software :-).Phew! Thanks!

:whew: