PDA

View Full Version : 40gb ps3 with joker

xBlade
04-28-2012, 02:48 AM
Hey everyone i just stubbled in here while looking for information about a ps3 40gb im going to be buying next week. It has the joker from arkham asylum on it and its not a sticker. It feels and appears to have been done by sony and not painted by someone. It as been clear coated and smooth but cant find any information about it at all. So i thought id post here to see if anyone knows anything about it. I mean was it a promotional ps3 or a limited edition or anything like that? Im getting it because im a joker fan and looks great and to add to my collection but want to know if theres any real rareity to it at all or if the artwork had to be done prior to boxing and selling or after purchase by the orriganal owner. The person im buying it from said he knew the owner when he bought it and was like that when he un boxed it but dont know how true that is. Well any information would be helpful because ive hit the brick wall on google after days of looking.

Matrix6
04-28-2012, 04:34 AM
I highly doubt that is an official release of any sort, the only official Batman theme consoles of this generation was made for Xbox360.

With the little details provided for you, it sounds like it's a phat PS3 with [original] 40gb hdd. Those were phased out before Batman Arkham Asylum was released in August 2009, by early September the slim PS3's were released as well.

So there's virtually nothing to back up any claim of this being official at all whether it was a once off prize or an extremely limited run?! [as far as I know].

As for rarity, it would be as rare as any personally custom made/modded console.

xBlade
04-28-2012, 04:51 AM
Well see thats the thing that has me completely boggled by this because theres nothing on the web about it. I honestly cant confirm its a 40gb, i only know that it has 2 usb ports on it and not 4. It has the joker on it and until i see it again cant confirm its the batman aa version but pretty sure. I can confirm that its not a sticker as when i burrowed it checked because i thought it was so cool. Im getting it as a batman/joker collector of things so value isnt a big priority for me. Its just surprising theres no info but that tells me its not an official ps3 released that way production/limited. If it was there would be information out there somewhere i believe. Well anyways when i get it next week i will post pics of it on here for folks to see and maybe that will help unlock its mystery if any or is one.

Robalvarez2010
04-28-2012, 05:16 AM
There was never a batman ps3 theme for the 40gb console. The only ps3 console that has a batman and joker theme is the new slims that it was given out in a competition. The one you are talking about has to have been done by the person that purchased it before you. They must have done it them selfs or got it custom made.

Matrix6
04-28-2012, 05:50 AM
Well see thats the thing that has me completely boggled by this because theres nothing on the web about it. I honestly cant confirm its a 40gb, i only know that it has 2 usb ports on it and not 4. It has the joker on it and until i see it again cant confirm its the batman aa version but pretty sure. I can confirm that its not a sticker as when i burrowed it checked because i thought it was so cool. Im getting it as a batman/joker collector of things so value isnt a big priority for me. Its just surprising theres no info but that tells me its not an official ps3 released that way production/limited. If it was there would be information out there somewhere i believe. Well anyways when i get it next week i will post pics of it on here for folks to see and maybe that will help unlock its mystery if any or is one.
I'd say that if there's no official info on it at all, then it's not official at all. A quick google image on limited edition PS3 will show the most uncommonly known limited run and once off PS3 consoles release [like the Canadian Red with only 5(?) released ever??].
I'm guessing this 40gb model is the original model shape? And if ever there was an official PS3 with a Batman Theme...that wouldn't be something to go under the radar by both the internet and Batman fanatics ;)
Pics will be good to see, but just don't have your hopes up for any suggestion that it's official, sorry. :shrug:
Unless it's cheap as chips, you're probably better off getting your own PS3 custom painted to whatever Batman pic you want on it.

The only ps3 console that has a batman and joker theme is the new slims that it was given out in a competition.

Do you have a link/pic of this? :???:
Because the only Batman theme console I know of officially is on the Xbox360 consoles.
http://technabob.com/blog/2011/08/31/custom-batman-arkham-city-xbox-360/

Robalvarez2010
04-28-2012, 08:04 PM
You are right matrix6. What I saw was the xbox360 slim one. My bad I thought I saw a ps3 one.

xBlade
04-28-2012, 09:25 PM
I will be posting pics on Wednesday when i pick it up at work for everyone to see. He is giving me the original box that it came in and claims it was a bundled limited edition with arkham asylum and a 80gb right before it was replaced by the slim. Now even though i know that if it was any kind of limited edition as rare as 1 to 5 produced there would in fact be a buzz on the web somewhere. It would also be greatly chased by joker and batman enthusiast from all over so im not holding my breath at all. I just personally think its cool and got great artwork on it and if it only holds the value of a classic ps3 fat then im happy. It will still looks very cool and will make a great addition to my batman/joker collection of things and to me that's cool enough. If it turns out to be more then that well then that's a cool bonus and if not still a great buy and worth every penny.

xBlade
05-03-2012, 12:10 AM
pictures are coming in the next few hours so stop back and tell me what you all think. i will post pics from my cell phone tonight and then a few tomorrow taken with nice camera for an even better look.

WolfArvak
05-03-2012, 12:48 AM
this is gonna be interesting :))

HIPPEEDUDE
05-03-2012, 03:11 AM
Will have to wait & see,sometimes there do happen to be odd ones that show up
that nobody knows about. I know for a fact that there was one only xbox 360 slim
done by colorware of megaman,yet you wont really find details anywhere of this.
Matrix6 as for those red PS3,there were only 3 ever done given away in a Canadian contest:)
Oh,& i think you got a free t-shirt as well:)