PDA

View Full Version : Italian Friend Help

Zorba
05-01-2012, 03:25 AM
Hello friends,

Beside collectors editions for new generation consoles, I am an huge retro collector, and I am trying to get some items directly from Japan, most from local Japanese auctions.

I am asking to any Japanese friend that may help me with this.

Many, many thanks in advance.

EDIT:

I have made contact with a person in Japan. Many thanks to all!

Now, I do need an Italian contact, very urgent! Please, help.

Thanks

foreverflash
05-01-2012, 05:45 AM
Hello friends,

Beside collectors editions for new generation consoles, I am an huge retro collector, and I am trying to get some items directly from Japan, most from local Japanese auctions.

I am asking to any Japanese friend that may help me with this.

Many, many thanks in advance.What kind of items are you looking for? Not sure what these Japanese auctions are (ebay Japan?) but I do know there's a lot of Japanese "resellers" who ship international. If your just after auctions, then definitely a Japanese member could help. A lot of the resellers, if you get to know personally the owner, they can get you "stuff" if you ask, and at reasonable prices.

One such site is:

Solarisjapan.com (http://collectorsedition.org/forums/Solarisjapan.com)

But there are so many others...

Just thought I'd help where I can...

Zorba
05-01-2012, 01:07 PM
What kind of items are you looking for? Not sure what these Japanese auctions are (ebay Japan?) but I do know there's a lot of Japanese "resellers" who ship international. If your just after auctions, then definitely a Japanese member could help. A lot of the resellers, if you get to know personally the owner, they can get you "stuff" if you ask, and at reasonable prices.

One such site is:

Solarisjapan.com (http://collectorsedition.org/forums/Solarisjapan.com)

But there are so many others...

Just thought I'd help where I can...

Hello friend,

thanks for the help. I am talking about the Yahoo auctions, I have to create an account that is not easy ( some other friends have tried ) and most of the sellers only accept cash or direct bank transfer ( Paypal will be much more easier ) and this way with help of someone there, the communication will be easier for him and the payment as well.
There are many sellers that wont send to other countries.... and properly packaged!!
I will try the link you gave and wait if some Japanese friend might help me.
Thanks

foreverflash
05-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Hello friend,

thanks for the help. I am talking about the Yahoo auctions, I have to create an account that is not easy ( some other friends have tried ) and most of the sellers only accept cash or direct bank transfer ( Paypal will be much more easier ) and this way with help of someone there, the communication will be easier for him and the payment as well.
There are many sellers that wont send to other countries.... and properly packaged!!
I will try the link you gave and wait if some Japanese friend might help me.
ThanksSure!

I know the guy who works for solarisjapan.com (http://collectorsedition.org/forums/solarisjapan.com) You can contact him via the "live chat" feature built into the site, or sending an email. Get to know him a bit, and ask him if he can get certain Japanese items for you. He has access to distributors and retail shops within Japan and will often do requests for people outside Japan. He's a really nice guy. When he's available on the live chat on the website, just ask if he's the owner, he'll tell you.

Good luck!

vhal_x
05-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Is it Jacob? He's really nice :) xx

foreverflash
05-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Is it Jacob? He's really nice :) xxYES! You know him too! Damn it! I thought me and him had a special "thing" -lol :P Yea, he's a real nice guy. He got me like 3 or 4 special things from Japan in the past year. Highly recommended.

vhal_x
05-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Yeah he's helped me out before, holding stuff by for me :P

He's real nice to talk to, not got him to source anything for me yet but I'm sure I'm not far off from asking :rotf: xx

Zorba
05-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Hello friends,

thanks for the help.

I really seems a nice guy, but because he owns a store, all the items I´ll show him, he will get them, sold to me but with another price, correct? He will add his profit... What I wanted was someone to help me without any monetary benefit. An exchange of favors, a day later if he needs it, I'll help. Or think that it is impossible?

foreverflash
05-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Hello friends,

thanks for the help.

I really seems a nice guy, but because he owns a store, all the items I´ll show him, he will get them, sold to me but with another price, correct? He will add his profit... What I wanted was someone to help me without any monetary benefit. An exchange of favors, a day later if he needs it, I'll help. Or think that it is impossible?No my friend. He can help you acquire items for what they sell retail. He's not an ebay seller. He runs a small shop out of Japan, where he resells exclusive things from within Japan: Video games, retro, current, portable, statues, books, clothing, and everything in between! He's very accommodating.

It depends on the item Zorba. If you are looking for a retro game that is 15 years old, he might be able to acquire it from a Japanese auction or some other source, like a local shop, but he will have to charge you whatever it costs HIM to get. He WILL NOT overcharge you to gain profit. He gets profit from the regular items he sells through his store, you know, the normal current retail items (like current collector editions, statues, figures, books and other Japanese stuff that's current) - but if you had him get you something special on request, he would not go and pay 100$ for it then charge you 150 just to make 50$. He's very honest and dependable.

gu8
05-01-2012, 10:08 PM
he got me a japanese wife!!! cheap too, sniped her at the last minute

Zorba
05-02-2012, 12:08 AM
No my friend. He can help you acquire items for what they sell retail. He's not an ebay seller. He runs a small shop out of Japan, where he resells exclusive things from within Japan: Video games, retro, current, portable, statues, books, clothing, and everything in between! He's very accommodating.

It depends on the item Zorba. If you are looking for a retro game that is 15 years old, he might be able to acquire it from a Japanese auction or some other source, like a local shop, but he will have to charge you whatever it costs HIM to get. He WILL NOT overcharge you to gain profit. He gets profit from the regular items he sells through his store, you know, the normal current retail items (like current collector editions, statues, figures, books and other Japanese stuff that's current) - but if you had him get you something special on request, he would not go and pay 100$ for it then charge you 150 just to make 50$. He's very honest and dependable.

Hello,

I am glad he is honest.... I have contacted him already.

I am waiting for the answer.

Many, many thanks to all.

foreverflash
05-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Hello,

I am glad he is honest.... I have contacted him already.

I am waiting for the answer.

Many, many thanks to all.Also, I am not sure if we have an Japanese members on CE.org yet, but maybe some of the other veteran members can verify this? If we do have any, I would definitely suggest contacting them as well as solarisjapan.com (http://collectorsedition.org/forums/solarisjapan.com) and other places like that. By the way, the guys name is "Jacob" who owns Solaris...

;)

Zorba
05-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Also, I am not sure if we have an Japanese members on CE.org yet, but maybe some of the other veteran members can verify this? If we do have any, I would definitely suggest contacting them as well as solarisjapan.com (http://collectorsedition.org/forums/solarisjapan.com) and other places like that. By the way, the guys name is "Jacob" who owns Solaris...

;)

HI,

I know, he already replied to my contact throug the website ( he was offline )

I have sent the link with the stuff I want to buy.

BTW, there is any Italian friend that can help me as well?

Many thanks

rapister
05-02-2012, 02:26 AM
i want one

Idiotekque
05-02-2012, 02:47 AM
he got me a japanese wife!!! cheap too, sniped her at the last minute
How much do you want for her? Realize that she's been used, so the value will drop a lot.

Zorba
05-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Hello friends,

Jacob is really helping me out. He is a cool guy. Take some minor fees, but that is OK for me.

Now I will need a Italian friend, anyone who can help me, pleaaase?

Many many thanks

gu8
05-02-2012, 07:27 PM
How much do you want for her? Realize that she's been used, so the value will drop a lot.

i traded her on another forum for a black ops t shirt and a ff13-2 steelbook mate

Zorba
05-03-2012, 03:41 PM
I have made contact with a person in Japan. Many thanks to all!

Now, I do need an Italian contact, very urgent! Please, help.

Thanks