PDA

View Full Version : TriForce: M3 Predator & Gold Hammerburst II

foreverflash
05-30-2012, 01:36 AM
http://www.projecttriforce.com/

Some new preorders available at TriForce, Plus the redesigned the splash page of their website...looks nice!

As I stated in my collection thread, my experience with them was not so good when I got the M8 Avenger, and I said I wouldn't recommend them, but...

As a collector I can not help being interested. TriForce seems to be making an effort to refine the experience they provide to customers, so that's good. They seem a bit more connected now than 3-5 months ago. The new preorders are Gold Hammerburst II and Mass Effect M3 Predator Pistols (regular and custom version). I think the Predator will be a better overall experience because it's a lot smaller than the M-8 Avenger is. Less likely for box to be damaged during shipping and it's cheaper.

I also found out, that apparently the M8 Avenger Assault Rifle replica's themselves ARE in fact numbered, with the number being etched behind the magnetic face place where the battery goes. This probably THE biggest upset for me. Now that I know the replica themselves are numbered, TriForce went from a grade of D to a B-.

WARNING:
Confirmed via twitter, there will only be 150 of the "custom" blue LED version for the M3 Predator pistol!!!!

Get it here: http://www.projecttriforce.com/index.php?p=product&id=17

There will be 600 of the standard version.

Get it here: http://www.projecttriforce.com/index.php?p=product&id=16

And the Gold Hammerburst is not up for preorder yet...

Ionotropic
05-30-2012, 03:34 AM
I love the replicas Triforce makes, but the boxes don't always come through intact. I have both versions of the snub pistols, and the locust version's box was badly smashed on one corner. COG version's box was scuffed up on several places. The replicas are amazing though, and they're individually numbered, although I wish they would include a certificate of authenticity or a plastic card like first4figures does.

I already preordered the hammerburst and custom M3 predator, and I'm waiting for the gold hammerburst to go live. These bastards are SO expensive, but so worth it. They're heavy, have light up LEDs, and come with an AC charger for recharging. My only qualm is that I don't have a proper place to display them. They could easily take up a whole display shelf.

foreverflash
05-30-2012, 03:44 AM
I love the replicas Triforce makes, but the boxes don't always come through intact. I have both versions of the snub pistols, and the locust version's box was badly smashed on one corner. COG version's box was scuffed up on several places. The replicas are amazing though, and they're individually numbered, although I wish they would include a certificate of authenticity or a plastic card like first4figures does.

I already preordered the hammerburst and custom M3 predator, and I'm waiting for the gold hammerburst to go live. These bastards are SO expensive, but so worth it. They're heavy, have light up LEDs, and come with an AC charger for recharging. My only qualm is that I don't have a proper place to display them. They could easily take up a whole display shelf.

I had a very long ordeal contacting TriForce's "Marone" the guy who runs the sales/marketing department. Many times I talked with him, explaining proper packaging methods and how I wanted my "M8 Avenger" to be packed so the collector's box was protected as well as the replica itself. They always protect the replica's very well w/ the hard foam, but do not offer any protection for the collector box on the outside.

They use "Fit to box" method for everything, just like 75% of the rest of the collectibles industry does. It makes me extremely frustrated.

In short, after months of waiting for an answer, Marone told me they could not give me better packaging. They lost several grades in my book for this. Would've possibly had an A or A-, after that they went to a D. Since finding out the actual replica had a number on it (behind the magnetic batter faceplate) I bumped them up to a B-.

:P

PS
Who is First4Figures?

Ionotropic
05-30-2012, 04:04 AM
UPDATE: Gold Hammerburst is up for pre-order now!!

PS: Check out www.first4figures.com for some other cool video game replicas and figures.

nipperkipper
05-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Would love to order these but never going to pass customs:(

Ionotropic
06-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Triforce just announced a repeat customer appreciation program here:

http://mad.ly/451ea2?mimi2=1&pact=9633442018&fe=1

Cosmic_Link
06-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Would love to order these but never going to pass customs:(

My GF has just ordered the blue M3. She contacted triforce CS before ordering asking about any problems they may have had in the past and they said they have never had any problems with confiscated items at customs.

Still, the choice is your's. Not a chance I would take personally. :S

nipperkipper
06-01-2012, 06:45 PM
My GF has just ordered the blue M3. She contacted triforce CS before ordering asking about any problems they may have had in the past and they said they have never had any problems with confiscated items at customs.

Still, the choice is your's. Not a chance I would take personally. :S

Hmm.. really brave, is she :think:

Cosmic_Link
06-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Hmm.. really brave, is she :think:

Has more money than she knows what to do with I think! :rotf: