PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Tales of Graces f Day 1 Edition UK/EU release

shoopdopp
05-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Want To Buy
Title: Tales of Graces f Day 1 Edition (UK/EU version)
Platform: Playstation 3
region: PAL
Condition: Sealed (or Used under special condition mentioned below)
Link to DB Entry: http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/tales-of-graces-f-day-one-edition-ps3-2

Release Date: August 31, 2012

Hi! I'm a JRPG enthusiast from the United States, where we never got a CE/LE release for Tales of Graces f, an entry in one of my favorite game series. Having heard that there are no UK/EU->US import sites that can be fully trusted to package these LE/CE boxes reasonably securely for overseas travel, I was wondering if I could get some help importing this Day 1 Edition from a trustworthy UK/EU boardmember who knows how to pack things better than these game import sites!

Just let me know the funds (GBP or EURO) necessary for this kind of transaction, and these funds would then be forwarded in advance via Paypal (not through gift :P).

An aside, I am not particularly interested in the actual game itself or Pre-Order DLC voucher contained within the Day 1 Edition, since I plan on merging my NA Graces f game and its region-locked DLC into the Day 1 Edition boxing and bonus contents. So, if someone thinks they can make some money off the game + DLC combo (or wants the two items for themselves), an arrangement may be possible where you can keep those items and I just get everything else sent to my location in decent packaging at a reduced cost for me (just let me know what a fair reduction would be).

Cosmic_Link
05-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Will ship internationally providing CE is not over 1KG, which I doubt it will be and their packaging is pretty good! :D

http://www.game.co.uk/en/tales-of-graces-f-special-edition-128381?pageSize=20&searchTerm=tales%20of%20graces

Ionotropic
05-31-2012, 03:43 AM
Want To Buy
Title: Tales of Graces f Day 1 Edition (UK/EU version)
Platform: Playstation 3
region: PAL
Condition: Sealed (or Used under special condition mentioned below)
Link to DB Entry: http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/tales-of-graces-f-day-one-edition-ps3-2

Release Date: August 31, 2012

Hi! I'm a JRPG enthusiast from the United States, where we never got a CE/LE release for Tales of Graces f, an entry in one of my favorite game series. Having heard that there are no UK/EU->US import sites that can be fully trusted to package these LE/CE boxes reasonably securely for overseas travel, I was wondering if I could get some help importing this Day 1 Edition from a trustworthy UK/EU boardmember who knows how to pack things better than these game import sites!

Just let me know the funds (GBP or EURO) necessary for this kind of transaction, and these funds would then be forwarded in advance via Paypal (not through gift :P).

An aside, I am not particularly interested in the actual game itself or Pre-Order DLC voucher contained within the Day 1 Edition, since I plan on merging my NA Graces f game and its region-locked DLC into the Day 1 Edition boxing and bonus contents. So, if someone thinks they can make some money off the game + DLC combo (or wants the two items for themselves), an arrangement may be possible where you can keep those items and I just get everything else sent to my location in decent packaging at a reduced cost for me (just let me know what a fair reduction would be).

Hey buddy, I see you made it on over here. Welcome!

Fitzgera1d
05-31-2012, 09:39 AM
Will ship internationally providing CE is not over 1KG, which I doubt it will be and their packaging is pretty good! :D

http://www.game.co.uk/en/tales-of-graces-f-special-edition-128381?pageSize=20&searchTerm=tales%20of%20graces

I just preordered from there not too long ago. I hope their packaging is as good as everyone states it is. :)

ferrari100
05-31-2012, 09:56 AM
I am happy to forward to people outside the UK. I am happy to do a group buy on this?
Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

evilvort3x
05-31-2012, 12:08 PM
i was about to say same ferrari ... id forward outside uk too :)

buttah42
05-31-2012, 09:28 PM
That would be awesome if one of you guys can help forward outside of the UK :)
Are you guys going to make a group buy thread? I'll be looking forward to it

Fitzgera1d
05-31-2012, 09:57 PM
you can actually pre order it at https://www.game.co.uk/

on another note: im an jrpg fan myself, do you have pictures of what you got?

shoopdopp
06-01-2012, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome and expressions of support! Didn't know you'd be going by the same username here, Ionotropic =o

Is there any more people who can confirm Game.co.uk's packaging quality? Folks from the CheapAssGamer forum all unanimously said there's no import sites that can be relied on for satisfactory packaging to overseas shipping locations, but now here I read of Game.co.uk actually sounding like it may just be reliable enough for the task.

on another note: im an jrpg fan myself, do you have pictures of what you got?

Sorry, no. I'm not too big of a picture-taking person. As far as my JRPG collection goes, I'm kind of a "closet" fan due to not having found any real life acquaintances who enjoy the genre, so nothing's really set out on a nice public display rack inside my home either.

gurpswoo1
06-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Packaging from nearly all retailers is good and bad.

There is alot of variation with each packer at the depot, sometimes you get a good one and sometimes you get an awful one.

In terms of percentage of items that arrive packed well, GAME has a good record. Another is HMV but that is my experiences in the UK.

The Base group of stores is also got a good record.

The big difference between UK and USA stores is that UK send goods out for free or low prices, USA store prices are astronomical for shipping overseas. It was easy decision to use a group buy for USA items. But for UK ones it's not so easy.

From looking at the promo pictures, there is a good chance that many stores will send this in a jiffy bag or cardboard surround. Simple because it looks to be small enough to use those.

At the moment I would choose any of these three, the others are a waste of time.

HMV
GAME
Base.com

However If you are ok with paying the extra £5-£7 I would get the group buy.

buttah42
06-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Who's willing to do the group buy for this edition?

ferrari100
06-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Packaging from nearly all retailers is good and bad.

There is alot of variation with each packer at the depot, sometimes you get a good one and sometimes you get an awful one.

In terms of percentage of items that arrive packed well, GAME has a good record. Another is HMV but that is my experiences in the UK.

The Base group of stores is also got a good record.

The big difference between UK and USA stores is that UK send goods out for free or low prices, USA store prices are astronomical for shipping overseas. It was easy decision to use a group buy for USA items. But for UK ones it's not so easy.

From looking at the promo pictures, there is a good chance that many stores will send this in a jiffy bag or cardboard surround. Simple because it looks to be small enough to use those.

At the moment I would choose any of these three, the others are a waste of time.

HMV
GAME
Base.com

However If you are ok with paying the extra £5-£7 I would get the group buy.

Hey Gurpswoo1,
I'm happy to manage a few.

Can you manage a few too?

ferrari100
06-01-2012, 04:24 PM
I set a group buy thread up. I think its reasonable. Head to the group buy section if you want some help getting this. :)

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express