PDA

View Full Version : Hello There

Miker525
06-04-2012, 04:08 AM
Hey there everyone,

Just here to say hello from New York!

I've browsed the site for some time now watching and reading and have quite enjoyed the site, so finally I've decided it's time to join the site and make myself an official member and user of the forums.

Some of the collectors editions I have are things like:
Star Wars: The Old Republic Collectors Edition
Max Payne 3 Special Edition
Starcraft II Special Edition
as well as a few Steelbooks

but what I really love are neat promo items and limited items. A few of the things I have are

Statue of Happiness (from Rockstar Games, GTA IV)
Halo Silver Mark V Play Arts Figure (exclusive to NYCC 2011)
Assorted clothes, lanyards and other stuff from an array of different conventions.

I'm not the biggest collector but as I get older I find myself looking for cooler things. Something tells me over the course of the next few days I'll be posting all over the site, including a list of cool collectors stuff I'm looking to buy. Either way I'm excited to be a part of the community!

My favorite game companies are by far, Valve, Rockstar, Overkill, Tripwire and Running With Scissors.

Thanks for welcoming me

:beer:

Lemur
06-04-2012, 04:11 AM
Welcome! Do you have pics of your collections?

Also I like that green face in your avatar. Is that you? More importantly did you manage to remove the green paint afterwards? :banana:

Miker525
06-04-2012, 04:18 AM
Welcome! Do you have pics of your collections?

Also I like that green face in your avatar. Is that you? More importantly did you manage to remove the green paint afterwards? :banana:

I will have photos of my collections. It's late over here now and I didn't have time yet to stack it all together for photos. After classes tomorrow (and probably after watching E3) I'll take some pics to share. Although my new favorite 'collectable thing' Is my Portal Gun Replica from NECA. Thing is so awesome!

and yes lol, my avatar is me. Or at least was a few years ago. Twas originally supposed to be an attempt to make me in Vietnam as a joke between my friends, but I ended up liking it so much it stuck as my avatar for most sites :D

MortalMonday
06-04-2012, 09:00 AM
I love promo items too. Welcome to the forums my friend.

fm4dj
06-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Hi and welcome! :wave:
looking forward to some pictures.

gurpswoo1
06-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the forum, big fan of Valve myself.

Miker525
06-05-2012, 01:52 AM
uploaded a few photos of a few things to this directory of my website:

http://miker525.info/somethingawful/collectorsedition/

Just some photos of the posters on my wall (including signed by dev of Dishwasher) as well as of my collectoable Halo figure (287/400), Adventure Time figure, Halo Game fuel bottle, Rockstar Statue Of Happiness, Max Payne 3 and SC2. Unfortunately I can't get to my "Convention box" filled with all the neat stuff I've gotten from PAX, ComicCon and other conventions. I have cool stuff like shirts, bandanas, Max Payne Bullet pen and pill holder, and other stuff. Hopefully I can post photos of that when I ge around to going up in the attic :P

edit: just realized how crappy my camera phone is. Sorry about that

v1sav1s
06-05-2012, 03:22 AM
Oh man, I love collecting convention swag too! Sometimes they hand out stuff that make contents of CEs pale in comparison. Can't wait to see what you have.

Miker525
06-06-2012, 08:27 PM
completely forgot about this. sits on my desk. Not sure how I missed it:

http://miker525.info/somethingawful/collectorsedition/sweettooth.jpg

My awesome sweet tooth truck display. Still have to go rummaging for my convention stuff

MortalMonday
06-06-2012, 09:02 PM
That's a nice one. I have one too. It was tough as hell to find.

evilvort3x
06-07-2012, 12:41 AM
nice sweet tooth. Welcome glad to see another active person :)

Miker525
06-07-2012, 04:28 AM
nice sweet tooth. Welcome glad to see another active person :)

haha thank you :) . I'd been browsing the site forever, but I figured I'd finally actually join and post a little. Even if I don't have the biggest collection in the world....yet ;)

Still waiting for my convention stuff... I figure I'll probably get to it this weekend