PDA

View Full Version : What system do you play with and what made you buy it?

Robalvarez2010
06-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Hi, I am not trying to start a console war now. But I am just curious what made you buy the gaming console you play with now. For me I bought the ps3. The reason why is because I was in the market for a bluray player and my brother told me that I should get a ps3 because of the money you are spending in just an ordinary bluray player you could have a whole gaming/ computer system. So I did, and ever since I got hooked on it. Overall the reason why I picked the ps3 over the Xbox is because to me it looks like a home entertainment system not a gaming console. I am talking about the original ps3 not the slim, and because it has a bluray player, now you could play 3d games and in personal opinion I think it has better exclusives, and the reason why I love the ps3 bluray player over all the other ones is because it is always getting updates to make it better. So what system do you prefer and why?

NaughtyDogJames
06-10-2012, 09:05 PM
I got a PS3 for GT5, haven't played it much mind as I found it had great range of exclusives which is why I love, half my gaming time is spent on PS3 exclusives pretty much.

Gazereths
06-10-2012, 10:25 PM
I had a 360 first but got a PS3 when MGS4 came out, that was the main reason to get one.

I game mostly on PS3 and PC.

Miker525
06-10-2012, 10:58 PM
I had always been more of a 360 person until a few months back. Bought 360 on launch day, bought 360s with kinect on launch day. Then maybe in February I'd bought a PS3. I love the free online and have since cancelled xbox live. To be honest though PC is my favorite way to game

Mike1888
06-10-2012, 11:18 PM
PS3 right now because of the games. I used to play 360 a lot more but now I just play CoD and Halo on it. 360 really doesn't come out with any good exclusives anymore and it doesn't look like its going to get any better because of how keen MS is on Kinect, IMO.

mosavon
06-10-2012, 11:42 PM
I own a PS3 and my Girlfriend owns a Wii. I think anybody who plays on just 1 system is a secret fanboy, would i consider myself one? Yes lol :spiteful:

Seriously though, i never really felt the need to get either a PS3 or 360 :think:, but once i heard about additional features such as blu-ray and considering the prices of standalone devices i was sold & never looked back.

I got my PS3 April '07 and have played the crap out of it. My girlfriend on the other hand barely touches the Wii.

:spiteful:
Fanboy Speech....

Here's my 2 cents on this generation, there is no doubting All 3 consoles have great games especially PS3 & 360, but year on year Sony have had something new to offer, Microsoft have IMO lost the plot with Kinect & well the Wii ran out of steam a long time ago.

Cosmic_Link
06-11-2012, 12:18 AM
I bought my Wii on launch because I've always loved Nintendo! :D

I do use my xbox the most though of all my consoles! I literally bought it so I could play Oblivion! XD I'm not wealthy enough to be able to afford a gaming rig and I really wanted to play it at the time, so when I had the money to, I just got one and got oblivion. ^o^ Would've got a PS3, but was just too expensive at the time and i don't think Oblivion was on PS3 then. lol

I did eventually get a PS3, but mainly for the exclusive titles and because I was looking at a getting a blu-ray player to go with my new telly last year! :D The only PS3 I ever wanted was a phat 60GB, so I could retire my PS2 as well. IMO the only PS3 worth getting is the phat 60Gb unless you buy SE consoles. ;)

geralds
06-11-2012, 02:26 AM
I got 360 for halo and then I ended up nvr playing it so i just used it for ff11. Got a wii because I love nintedo and for zelda. Got ps3 for MGS4. Got psp for star ocean. Got ds and 3ds for zelda and love nintedo. Playstation vita wtf did I get it for no exclusives I care about guess trophies even then wtf lol guess I have to have them all.

Robalvarez2010
06-11-2012, 02:34 AM
I also have an Xbox 360, the resident evil one still sealed. I was planning on connecting it but then I just told myself that what was I going to play on it if I mostly just pay attention to my ps3, and let's not talk about the wii. I bought that for my wife and if she has played it two times it's too much. But honestly if it wouldn't have been because of my brother I would have never bought a ps3 and most likely not have played video games ever again because I stopped gaming in the ps1 days.

HIPPEEDUDE
06-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Xbox 360 for me,always had an xbox since day one of the original xbox.
I could never see the reason to get a PS3,yes,its got a blu ray player
but,so what you can still buy dvds at half the price of a blu ray disc.
I bought a PS3,had it for two days,turned it on,never bother playing on
it & just sold it on to the next sucker,lol.
On top of that its a hell of alot easier to fix an xbox than a PS3,well for me it is:)

kittychloe
06-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Xbox 360 for me,always had an xbox since day one of the original xbox.
I could never see the reason to get a PS3,yes,its got a blu ray player
but,so what you can still buy dvds at half the price of a blu ray disc.
I bought a PS3,had it for two days,turned it on,never bother playing on
it & just sold it on to the next sucker,lol.
On top of that its a hell of alot easier to fix an xbox than a PS3,well for me it is:)

How are you at fixing lynx and game gears? Lol
360 for me, had a better launch line up and I was a big halo and doa fan

HIPPEEDUDE
06-11-2012, 10:18 AM
How are you at fixing lynx and game gears? Lol
360 for me, had a better launch line up and I was a big halo and doa fan

Was a Halo fan?? Does that mean your not up for Halo 4,lol.
Deepends on the faults,with anything finding the fault is
half the trouble,finding parts for older stuff is the other half.
Mainly stick to xbox these days,but have done ds,ds lite,gameboy
etc & begrudingly a few PS3.

kittychloe
06-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Was a Halo fan?? Does that mean your not up for Halo 4,lol.
Deepends on the faults,with anything finding the fault is
half the trouble,finding parts for older stuff is the other half.
Mainly stick to xbox these days,but have done ds,ds lite,gameboy
etc & begrudingly a few PS3.

Halo was a 2 player thing for me with my brother but he joined the army last year so a 48 hour halo 4 seasion is out and I skipped wars and reach for mass effect with my gf (she's not a halo fan lol) will have to learn to fix the gears and lynx myself.. I have 4 of each to practice on lol

HIPPEEDUDE
06-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Halo was a 2 player thing for me with my brother but he joined the army last year so a 48 hour halo 4 seasion is out and I skipped wars and reach for mass effect with my gf (she's not a halo fan lol) will have to learn to fix the gears and lynx myself.. I have 4 of each to practice on lol

Well,just take your time at it,take apart one at a time only to begin with.
If your memory is not good take some pics. Screen replacement is easy
as,anything else is just a hunting game. Not turning on is a common issue
with most handhelds,it could be something stupid like a dead battery or
a little more complex like a broken circuit. Look carefully at all circuits,
smell them as well,anything with a burnt smell could be a headache,lol.
PM me if you get stuck:D

kittychloe
06-11-2012, 01:25 PM
All the game gears have the same dead capacitor problem, as for the lynx why knows lol, I have a good shelf full of consoles that need fixing, they usually come free with games... Or in cases like gameboys people forget to check the contrast setting :D

HIPPEEDUDE
06-11-2012, 01:30 PM
All the game gears have the same dead capacitor problem, as for the lynx why knows lol, I have a good shelf full of consoles that need fixing, they usually come free with games... Or in cases like gameboys people forget to check the contrast setting :D

Thats where the main problem is,finding replacent parts for older systems:(

comaamen86
06-11-2012, 03:55 PM
99 percent 360 prefer the controller more weighty and better thumb sticks, aso a fan of halo, gow etc

ps3 set aside for heavt rain, uncharted, last of us when its out.

themidlandmaster
06-11-2012, 04:23 PM
360 for gears, mass effect and halo

bbki
06-16-2012, 12:40 PM
I prefer 360 due to out put on tv is better
but I bought most of CE on ps3 and rent/buy regular to play on 360.
The other thing is that I have a gigantic hand so the ps3 controller is too damn tiny for me.
So if I play ps3 I'll use Adapter to use 360 controller on PS3
Best 30 buck ever spend
The new coming one will have function to switch shoulder button too.
Even it gonna cost 200 usd I'm still gonna buy it.

evilvort3x
06-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Im sole PS3... played and owned all the systems since atari 2600... these days its soley the ps3 for me.. game like god of war - simply amazing :)

Ayiu
06-16-2012, 08:10 PM
I bought a wii on release date but played sparely. I started playing xbox 360 when I met my boyfriend.....he started to play online poker on the pc and I was bored so I decided to buy a game for his console which was only used for one or two games before. The game I bought was Rise of the argonauts. After watching me a few hours he decided that now he wants to play with the Xbox again and bought also some games ^^
I totally got hocked up with the achievement system and I wanted to overwhelm one of his friends which I can't stand. He had about 30k gs at this moment and we started with a few hundreds ^^ took me about 3-4 month until I got him :barsong: My first 1000gs was Eternal Sonata and it felt so good, lol.

now I can't stop earning achievements lol (just got 1000gs in fist of the north star: kens rage) :rotf:

I also own a ps3 because I wanted to play all the awesome jrpgs but time is less, can't play everything :( and I still have my nds lite for trips by plane, holidays and so on but I hope a ps vita will take place of it soon.

scottcross
06-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Personally I own a 360, ps3 and wii, the reason I have all 3 is I love gaming always have always will, having all 3 means I get to play all the exclusives for all the consoles. More recently though I have purchased a gaming pc purely to try out mods, I only have skyrim on it at the moment but with the right mods its like i'm playing a totally different game to my ps3 version, I was quite shocked at just how much quicker everything loads up compared to my ps3, I was so impressed I have now cancelled all my ps3 pre-orders and have re-ordered them on pc.

MoonTar
06-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Xbox 360 so I could play Halo on Xbox Live.

EDIT: I also bought a Wii when it came out (was lucky enough to get one 2 weeks after launch) for Zelda and SSBB.

I bought a PS3,had it for two days,turned it on,never bother playing on it & just sold it on to the next sucker,lol.

I did the same thing only...................I still have it after 3+ years. <_<

gurpswoo1
06-19-2012, 04:20 PM
I have been a Nintendo Fan since the NES.

However when the xbox was release a year before Wii and games dried up on gamecube I jumped on x360 when it came out. But I wanted a blu-ray player and purchased a PS3 for that sole reason only. However as I used it I liked the games also and preferred the controller for 2d beat em ups such as street fighter. Honestly the only reason I used the PS3 now is movies or GT5.

I will stick with my PC for hardcore games such as half-life 2.

kittychloe
06-19-2012, 04:44 PM
I always have to laugh at the word hardcore

Johnny
06-19-2012, 09:26 PM
I own all of them (Oh okay i sold the PS3 a few weeks back).
But the one i use the most if Xbox 360, just like the exclusives better, and the online is fantastic (Despite paying for it).

Mike1888
06-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Do you guys have any recommendations so I can get some more use out of my 360? I see lots of people seem to prefer the exclusives, so I'm curious as I can't really find anything to buy for it anymore.

Johnny
06-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Im kinda of a shmup fan.
If you like the genre you have a few.
ESPgaluda 2, Mushihimesama Futari 1.5, Dodonpachi Resurrection (PAL), Deathsmiles, Akai Katana Shin, Eschatos, Bullet Soul.
Other games you might enjoy from differente genres: Lost Odissey, Halo Series of course lol, Forza, Gears of War, Infinite Undescovery (Not that bad), Magna Carta 2, Tales of Vesperia, and i might be missing more.

Robalvarez2010
06-20-2012, 02:07 AM
Me personally I only use my ps3 for many reasons. For the bluray, I prefer it's controller and it's exclusives like god of war, uncharted, resistance, killzone and it also use to be resident evil and metal gear but they had to put those in Xbox

Johnny
06-20-2012, 04:39 AM
Resident Evil a Sony exclusive? Nope, never was, neither was Metal Gear Solid, besides 3 and now 3 is not an exclusive anymore so only 4.
Unfortunately i do not share your taste i sincerely think that resistance and killzone are not top tier exclusives.
On the other hand Uncharted series is just amazing, whilst God Of War is not bad, but it's not over the top either.
And Xbox controller is way better for the majority of games (Except for Fighters, but i use an arcade stick so yeah).

Robalvarez2010
06-20-2012, 05:45 AM
Johnny you could tell you are a Xbox fan boy I am here giving my opinion why I like ps3 and here you go and start that those games are not good the Xbox controller is better. In my opinion Xbox is a gaming console and ps3 is an overall home entertainment system. I am not trying to start a console war now but i am just giving my opinion. I love the ps3 because of its exclusives, bluray, and being 3d compatible. You could say what ever you want about the ps3 games I could say the same about Xbox and yes do your research metal gear solid was always a ps1,ps2,and ps3 exclusive and i am not mistaken i think they came out with a couple of them on pc but never xbox or xbox 360 until now they put it on the Xbox with the hd collection and with the upcoming metal gear solid rising. Every system are good in there own ways. They all have there own great exclusives and there own special features. I just have always been a playstation guy.

Lemur
06-20-2012, 07:43 AM
PS3 only for me! Way more flexibility as all games are region free, this is great when lots of CE are country/region exclusive :barsong:

Johnny
06-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Johnny you could tell you are a Xbox fan boy I am here giving my opinion why I like ps3 and here you go and start that those games are not good the Xbox controller is better. In my opinion Xbox is a gaming console and ps3 is an overall home entertainment system. I am not trying to start a console war now but i am just giving my opinion. I love the ps3 because of its exclusives, bluray, and being 3d compatible. You could say what ever you want about the ps3 games I could say the same about Xbox and yes do your research metal gear solid was always a ps1,ps2,and ps3 exclusive and i am not mistaken i think they came out with a couple of them on pc but never xbox or xbox 360 until now they put it on the Xbox with the hd collection and with the upcoming metal gear solid rising. Every system are good in there own ways. They all have there own great exclusives and there own special features. I just have always been a playstation guy.

You're wrong mate im not a fanboy, i love PS1 and PS2 more than anything, but i just like xbox better now.
Metal Gear Solid was not an exclusive.
MGS 1 was released on PC, MGS 2 was Released on PC and Original Xbox, MGS 3 and 4 were the only exclusives (Main series).
I won't call a fanboy, i just prefer Xbox, i dont think a console reading blu ray is an advantage, i just want to play games and with a solid online, something that PS3 does not have, yeah it's free but unfortunately it sucks :/.

Mike1888
06-20-2012, 04:47 PM
something that PS3 does not have, yeah it's free but unfortunately it sucks :/.

I play on both on a very regular basis. XBL is only a bit better.

In terms of games, PS3 is just in another league, IMO.

Robalvarez2010
06-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Ok tell me what does xbox have that its better then ps3. Playstation in my opinion has way better exclusives, has bluray, you say that bluray does not have its advantages. On xbox you have to have a game downloaded on 2 even 3 disc while playstation is on one. Try scratching a bluray disc as well compared to an xbox disc and you made my point when you said that all you care about is playing your console and thats it thats why I say ps3 is consider an all around home entrtainment system because you could pretty much do what ever you want with it not just play games. We now have a 3d player without having to buy one seperately. But like I said all consoles have there advantages I just personally think that ps3 fits my needs more then xbox.

Johnny
06-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Sure, i respect your opinion, but when i buy a console e mainly buy it to play games not has an enterteinmant system.
And you cannot compare the online Playstation has a much inferior one.
The rest depends on which exclusives you prefer, and i prefer the xbox ones.

Robalvarez2010
06-20-2012, 11:51 PM
I 100% agree with you that xbox online is way better then playstations, the only benefit playstation has its that is free and I personally would rather pay $50 or $100 a year and have a great online experience then have it for free.

Johnny
06-21-2012, 01:19 AM
Yes, it's only worth it if you really enjoy playing online.
Still i love all consoles, just sold my PS3 because i can't collect for them all.

Robalvarez2010
06-21-2012, 04:18 AM
I did the same thing with my Xbox 360. I sold my resident evil Xbox 360 bundle on eBay last week because I don't collect Xbox games.

Xmo
06-22-2012, 03:29 PM
PC just because you can get games by only using an internet cable lol
PS3 and my primary reason is bluray... been having it for 3 years and it never shown a bluray movie lol and ofcourse the hype of M.A.G. I thought it was the best game because of the 254 player cap, lost interest because the clan I'm in is not active when I get home.

Xmo
06-22-2012, 03:33 PM
I 100% agree with you that xbox online is way better then playstations, the only benefit playstation has its that is free and I personally would rather pay $50 or $100 a year and have a great online experience then have it for free.
no console war. I think everyone knows what their system can do and don't. and this thing gets repeated everytime since both system existed. Its all about PC gaming lol

Robalvarez2010
06-23-2012, 01:16 AM
I did the same thing xmo. I bought the ps3 with the intentions of using it for bluray and that is the last thing I use it for. But even if I don't use it I just like to know that I have it there if I ever want to use it.

Xmo
06-23-2012, 03:51 AM
I did the same thing xmo. I bought the ps3 with the intentions of using it for bluray and that is the last thing I use it for. But even if I don't use it I just like to know that I have it there if I ever want to use it.

Right. Considering how costly bluray players are back in the day. They are like what, $150-$200. In a sense your getting the console for just $100.
I got mines right away when they became $300 retail in 2009, a big $100 drop off which was AMAZING!!! I was considering an xbox just because project natal was on the hype on E3, but what discourage me was the online fee and HD dvd only... so I rather play with the big boys with Uncharted 2 and MAG

Deubeuliou
09-03-2012, 05:36 AM
On this gen, I just bought the 360 few days after it came out.

I liked PGR 3, and I wasn't expecting nothing on PS3 so I didn't want to wait.

Then amazing games went out like Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Forza, Lost Odyssey, si I knew I made the right choice.

But this console has too much drawbacks. The RROD issue, that struck me twice (hopefully the warranty was still valid), the Live that should be free, I kinda boycott it, thus I mainly play offline games, and now since MS released Kinect, they completely gave up on the gamers. It's like they don't care at all.
Recently I saw the new Kinect feature : being able to share the advertising on Facebook, Twitter, ... with a vocal command. So now we're doing their advertising job and we're paying for it? '_'
They're trolling us right?

But anyways, I'll still be playing with my 360, I have quite a lot of games to start so that I don't need to buy another console.
And I must admit that there are some PS3 exclusives (Uncharted, Heavy Rain, some JRPGs) that make me think of buying one, but I don't want to invest on a new system. I'm fine with my Xbox. :D