PDA

View Full Version : Hello i am from germany

SBCollectorAl
06-14-2012, 09:52 PM
My name is Al and my hobby is collecting videogamesteelbooks that's why my username is SBCollectorAl.

Here is my little collection not so much but I just started to collect videogamesteelbooks in march 2012:

G1-Size steelbooks:

G2-Size steelbooks:

with special thanks to biscuitnoir, CrixDoomsday, Ezonan, gu8, JjL, mandras, orgasmic, Ryaku, redmagster, S_Kull and tarequsaleh who helped me about getting some of those steelbooks.

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone.

v1sav1s
06-14-2012, 10:59 PM
Hey Al, welcome to the CE.org forums. You know you've come to the right place because many discerning collectors call this place their home. They are meticulous, distinguished, and honest when it comes to the rarities they buy/sell/trade. I'm like you and love to be with people that have a great passion for collecting. Hope you find everything you're looking for, right here! :beach:

p.s. Can't wait to see your collection! :)

nipperkipper
06-15-2012, 01:11 AM
:welcome:

You have come to the right place, there are quite a few steelbook collectors and aficionados here

You can definitely find Mint condition steelbooks in the for sale thread here

gurpswoo1
06-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Welcome to the forum

I would say 90% of us care about the condition of our game and especially steelbook.

Your right that eBay seller seems to care about the cheapest shipping method rather than the condition it arrives in

Looking forward to pictures.

SBCollectorAl
06-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Well about my collection there is nothing special I think.

I just started collecting steelbooks 3 months ago but I will try to upload some pictures maybe next week.

SBCollectorAl
12-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Update now with pictures

v1sav1s
12-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Update now with pictures just click on them.

I don't know why you can't see them.

Hi Al! In order for the pics to show up in your post you need to use the 'Direct Link' of the picture. Photobucket will provide a list of codes that you can copy and paste. I haven't used their service for years but I think you should be able to acquire the Direct Link by visiting your library/album then hovering the mouse cursor over the desired picture. After that something should appear on the thumbnail, look for something labeled as "Share" or "Links" etc. You might have to study the interface a little.

You're using the [img] tags correctly, just need the Direct Link. Like this (slash in second bml tag is removed):

[img]http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y509/coolgoblin82/steelbook%20collection/009_zps13377d55.jpg[img]

Click "Quote" next to this message so you can see the links I used. Sorry for the lengthy post but if you need help with anything else let us know. :)

edit: Removed pics.

SBCollectorAl
12-15-2012, 09:21 PM
okay thank you now I have found out how it works.

SwiftDeath
12-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Ooh very nice my friend :D

I must admit I'm rather jealous of a couple of steelies you have that I'm missing

I forget that there is a minor difference between the RE 5 US and european steels. I'll have to snag one of the european versions at some point

NaughtyDogJames
12-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Love your Uncharted steels and the killzone stickerbook.

SBCollectorAl
12-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Ooh very nice my friend :D

I must admit I'm rather jealous of a couple of steelies you have that I'm missing

I forget that there is a minor difference between the RE 5 US and european steels. I'll have to snag one of the european versions at some point

well my little collection is nothing compared against the steelbook collection of some other members, I think.

Honestly I am little bit frustrated about collecting videogamesteelbooks because it is very hard to find all those steelbooks that I want, especially for a fair price.

SwiftDeath
12-15-2012, 09:55 PM
I think your collection is very impressive :)

Although I will admit I do feel a little frustrated every time I look at lemur's collection. He has everything!

NaughtyDogJames
12-15-2012, 09:57 PM
I think your collection is very impressive :)

Although I will admit I do feel a little frustrated every time I look at lemur's collection. He has everything!

100% agreed, it's a large collection with alot of very rare steelbooks.

SBCollectorAl
12-15-2012, 10:05 PM
100% agreed, it's a large collection with alot of very rare steelbooks.

Yes it is. I think, Lemur is something like a role model about collecting videogamesteelbooks.

NaughtyDogJames
12-15-2012, 10:08 PM
I meant yours not Lemurs :) Although his is massive.

SBCollectorAl
12-15-2012, 10:18 PM
I meant yours not Lemurs :) Although his is massive.

Ah okay thank you but I am still not happy about it I think it is incomplete if I look at my wish list.

NaughtyDogJames
12-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Is your WTB up to date? You seem to have a few things of it. The most enjoyable part of collecting is the collecting without stuff you want it'd be no fun.

SBCollectorAl
12-16-2012, 12:52 AM
Is your WTB up to date? You seem to have a few things of it. The most enjoyable part of collecting is the collecting without stuff you want it'd be no fun.

yes it is because I am not happy about the quality of some steelbooks if I can get the same steelbooks in a much better condition then the steelbooks which I have I would buy them if the price is not too high.

No steelbook is really damaged but about 4 of them got small dents and some got scratches but not too big but if I can have a copy of those steelbooks in much better condition then I would buy it.

Twisted
12-16-2012, 04:35 AM
i like your G2 collection the most.

SBCollectorAl
12-16-2012, 08:09 AM
i like your G2 collection the most.

Thank you. I prefere to collect G2-size steelbooks, I just collect G1-size of game series like Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, Crysis or Mass Effect and a few other games.

jak_1811
12-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Hey nice collection you got there! Just that damn missing stickerbook.... ;)

Mathika
12-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Thank you. I prefere to collect G2-size steelbooks, I just collect G1-size of game series like Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, Crysis or Mass Effect and a few other games.

Hey if you get an
Assassins Creed Anthology Steelbook G1 Size
i would trade for the G2

:D Greetz

vhal_x
12-16-2012, 06:07 PM
He said he collects G1s for Assassin's Creed xx

SBCollectorAl
12-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Hey if you get an
Assassins Creed Anthology Steelbook G1 Size
i would trade for the G2

:D Greetz

I have already ordered the anthology edition for the ps3, sorry.

SBCollectorAl
12-16-2012, 06:23 PM
He said he collects G1s for Assassin's Creed xx

Well the problem is I have ordered the anthology edition for the ps3 because I can sell the games to a friend of mine because I already got all assassins creed games for ps3 and for pc, too.