PDA

View Full Version : Journey - Fine Art Prints

Maarten Brands
06-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Apologies for using you guys as consumer research :)

Cook & Becker plans to do a limited-edition of Journey fine art prints. But what would you pay maximum for an unframed, signed and number giclee print? And what for a framed one?

Thanks a bunch for any feedback!

toxicatom5
06-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Apologies for using you guys as consumer research :)

Cook & Becker plans to do a limited-edition of Journey fine art prints. But what would you pay maximum for an unframed, signed and number giclee print? And what for a framed one?

Thanks a bunch for any feedback!

I conduct consumer research, so I don't mind being the subject of it everyone once in a while.

Not sure we can put a price on this as outlined though.

What are the dimensions of the prints?
Prices include or exclude shipping worldwide?
How limited is the print run?
Signed? If so, by whom?

I know for me it's the shipping that kills the deal. I love some of the Killzone prints you came out with, but shipping to the states pushed it over the threshold of what I was willing to spend.

Maarten Brands
06-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Let's say a decent size print:

25 x 18 inches or approx. 70 x 245 cm. Edition size of 100. Signed by the artist or art director who is responsible for the creative vision. For example Jenova Chen or the artist.

@Toxic. Send me an email at maarten(at)candb.com if you will with what you have your eye on regarding the Killzone works and what you'd be willing to spend maximum and I'm sure I can work out something that works for you!

And again, thanks for the feedback.

ingmar1988
06-20-2012, 11:53 PM
Well, if you look at something like the mass effect litographs, like this limited and signed, and quite a big size
http://biowarestore.com/art/lithographs/limited-edition/me3-the-crucible-lithograph.html

now i think gicleeprints are more expensive to manufacture?

I think a price around 75 euro unframed and 125 euro framed would be nice (but again i have no idea of how much such a print cost to manufacture!).

Probably it will be way more expensive, but it would be great if you guys would offer something more for the 'budget' gamer. Especially because most people here allready pretty much spend all their money on CE's so buying art is really just 'extra' and should be somewhat affordable.

Maarten Brands
06-21-2012, 01:13 PM
In general giclee prints are more expensive to manufacture than lithos because each print is made on an individual basis, has a higher color resolution, luminosity and pixel resolution. It captures nuances that lithographs can't. Personally, I've purchased some game lithos in the past and was dissapointed with the quality (and therefore I started Cook & Becker :)

However, not all giclees are the same (but most retailers don't tell you this). You have decor prints, gallery-grade and in our case: museum-grade giclees created with superior archival inks and techniques.

We are fully aware that most people have a limited budget and I really want to try and price the game prints especially in an affordable bracket. Hence my question about Journey because I want to be able to provide some special yet affordable to a wider group.

A couple of smaller ones from Killzone are currently prices at €85 or $95 for instance. Such as: http://www.candb.com/en/artwork/214/ice-shipwreck-killzone-.html

Looking at the ME print, if you'd do that as a giclee you're probably looking at € 150

NoScruffyNo
06-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Most people would pay around $40-60 for it unframed. I know from the number of Lithographs i have bought. The Standard price for quite a few 200 (Numbered and sometimes signed runs) is around $40-60 buying from the US.

Maybe $100 for it signed depending on the quality of the frame.

I would totally love some Journey pictures. Please Please Please let me know where I could get the heads up if it does come out :)

Aya-Kun
06-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Most people would pay around $40-60 for it unframed. I know from the number of Lithographs i have bought. The Standard price for quite a few 200 (Numbered and sometimes signed runs) is around $40-60 buying from the US.

Maybe $100 for it signed depending on the quality of the frame.

I would totally love some Journey pictures. Please Please Please let me know where I could get the heads up if it does come out :)

Completely agree would love to know when they are available

Unless something amazing comes out this year Journey will be my Game of the Year.

MortalMonday
06-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Will they be fully licensed?

Maarten Brands
06-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Thanks for all the feedback people!

If you want a heads up or early access sign up for our newsletter or email me at maarten (at) candb.com and I'll make sure to build an early-access list :)

I'll start working on Journey but before we launch that we'll probably introduce 2 big game titles first.... oooh the excitement!! ;)

And yes, all our art is fully licensed, checked and signed by the respective creators. In fact we only do fine art deals with studios and artists if they contractually agree to never ever reprint outside of this edition, and the prints Cook & Becker carries are the digital original prints. So exclusivity is guaranteed on everything we sell.

Gazereths
06-26-2012, 11:14 PM
I know this is a very long shot but would there be any chance of you producing some Mirror's Edge giclee or litho prints? There is some real nice artwork for that game and I'd love some nice prints. All the dice store has are some pretty weak t-shirts.

Maarten Brands
06-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Don't go tweeting it ;) but a very special Mirror's Edge fine art selection has a 95% chance of launching really soon. Really soon.

ingmar1988
06-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Please post it here first :D
Id love it if its not out of my budget.

btw, there is a small mistake on site, if you use this link
http://www.candb.com/nl/shop/

price is displayed in dollar, if you click on the painting price is in euro. (same amount so 3500 dollar and 3500 euro, instead of 4500 dollar for the after the breaking of the world).

Gazereths
06-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Don't go tweeting it ;) but a very special Mirror's Edge fine art selection has a 95% chance of launching really soon. Really soon.

Holy crap you are a fucking legend....I can't wait for these! Please post here as soon as there is any news :beg:

MortalMonday
06-27-2012, 03:42 AM
Add borders to the art please and have them signed and numbered by the original artists and possibly by people that worked on the game.

Gazereths
07-31-2012, 11:07 PM
So Maarten, any update on the possible Mirror's Edge prints? I'd love to own a few.

Maarten Brands
08-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Hi Gazereth,

The Mirror's Edge fine art collection is definitely happening. Currently working on it with the studio. We're pushing for a mid/late September launch.

However, I will know what images we'll use to create the artworks earlier. Drop me a line (And this goes for everybody here) at maarten (at) candb.com and I provide you the possiblity to reserve earlier!

Xmo
08-01-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm also defenitely interested with the mirrors edge :)
Can you guys provide a sample?

Gazereths
08-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the update Maarten, I've sent you an email to enquire about them further.

Maarten Brands
08-03-2012, 08:53 PM
@Xmo

If you send me an email I'll email you the information when it becomes available so you can make reservations.

As for what type of prints and finishes they will be in line with the museum-grade works we're also offering for Killzone atm.

Workshed
10-07-2012, 12:43 AM
@Xmo

If you send me an email I'll email you the information when it becomes available so you can make reservations.

As for what type of prints and finishes they will be in line with the museum-grade works we're also offering for Killzone atm.

Any news on this? Would love a Mirrors Edge print...

Maarten Brands
10-07-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm happy to say that I can send everybody who emailed me some samples this week, and I can provide info on price and availability. If you haven't emailed me yet, you still can at maarten (at)candb.com

khushi7696
10-10-2012, 12:27 PM
It is good.

Flackjack
05-20-2013, 11:00 PM
I will be emailing you maarten.Journey Is my favourite game released in quite some time also my daughter loves it so I'm very interested in this for sure.