PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Factory Sealed UK PAL X360 LE's & CE's

Gemini-Phoenix
02-03-2009, 03:14 PM
I am looking for various UK PAL LE's and CE's which I am currently missing. I am mostly interested in the ones I have missed from 2009 / 2010, but would also like several older ones. Ideally I would like these FACTORY SEALED and in good condition, and also UK PAL releases (Opposed to European)

Here's a rough idea off the top of my head (I will return to this thread with a more accurate list when I get home):

PS2

Hitman: Blood Money (CE) (Steelbook)

50 Cent Bulletproof (CE) (DigiPak)
God Of War II (CE) (DigiPak) ~ (PLAY.com Exclusive)
Tomb Raider Legend (CE) (DigiPak) ~ (GAME Exclusive)

Colin McRae 3 (CE) (Cardboard slipcase)

PS3

Colin McRae DiRT (CE) (Steelbook)
Demon Souls (CE)
Heavy Rain (CE) (Digipak) ~ (HMV exclusive)
InFamous (CE)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots (CE) ~ (PLAY.com exclusive w/figure)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (CE) ~ (HMV exclusive)
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time (CE)
Spider-Man 3 (CE)
Uncharted II: Among Thieves (CE)
Yakuza 3 (SE)
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 (CE) (Wrestling ring)

PSP

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (CE)
Dissidia (CE)
Resistance: Retribution (CE)

Xbox

True Crime: New York (CE) (Metal tin)

X360

Alone In The Dark (LE) (Steelbook) ~ (AMAZON exclusive)
Crackdown II (CE) (Steelbook) ~ (GameStation exclusive)
Far Cry II (CE) (Steelbook) ~ (PLAY.com exclusive)
Frontlines: Fuel Of War (LE) (Steelbook)
James Bond: Quantum Of Solace (CE) (Steelbook) ~ (GameStation exclusive)
Prince Of Persia: Forgotten Sands (CE) (Steelbook)
Resident Evil 5 (CE) (Steelbook)
Saints Row (CE) (Steelbook)
Tom Clancy’s Endwar (CE) (Steelbook) ~ (PLAY.com exclusive)
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas II (CE) (Steelbook) ~ (PLAY.com exclusive)
Turok (CE) (Steelbook) ~ (GAME exclusive)

Assassin's Creed (LE) (Metal case) ~ (PLAY.com exclusive)
BlazBlue (CE)
Final Fantasy XIII (CE)
Halo III (CE) (Metal case)
Halo Wars (CE) (Metal case)
Mass Effect (CE)
Mass Effect II (CE)
Prince Of Persia (CE) ~ (PLAY.com exclusive)
SBK X (CE) (Metal case)
Splinter Cell 4: Double Agent (CE) (Steel case) ~ (PLAY.com exclusive)
The Bourne Conspiracy: Classified Edition (Metal tin) ~ (GameStation exclusive)
Tomb Raider: Underworld (CE) (DigiPak) ~ (GAME exclusive)
Viking: Battle For Asgard (CE) (Steel case)

Dante's Inferno (Death Edition)
Dragon Age: Origins (CE)
Fable II (CE)
Metro 2033 (CE)
Need For Speed: Carbon (CE)
Need For Speed: Shift (CE)
Race Driver GRID (LE) ~ (PLAY.com exclusive)
Red Dead: Redemption (CE)
Sonic The Hedgehog (CE) ~ (GAME exclusive)
Star Ocean: The Last Hope (CE)
Two Worlds (LE) (Cardboard slipcase)
Wall-E (LE) ~ (GAME exclusive)

Assassin's Creed (CE) ~ (GAME exclusive w/figure)
Assassin's Creed II (Black Edition) ~ (PLAY.com exclusive)[/i]
Assassin's Creed II (White Edition) ~ (GAME exclusive w/figure)[/i]
Batman: Arkham Asylum (CE) (Batarang))
Brothers In Arms: Hells Highway (CE) ~ (Ubisoft Exclusive w/figure)
Prince Of Persia ~ (PLAY.com Exclusive)
Saints Row (CE)
Street Fighter IV (CE) (Figures)
Tekken 6 (Arcade Stick Edition)
Tekken 6 (CE)
Two Worlds: Royal Edition
WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2008: Dirty Edition ~ (PLAY.com Exclusive)

Wii

The House Of The Dead: Overkill (CE)
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (Box set with Wii Zapper)

DS

More to come...

twistedsymphony
02-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I can't help you with any of those, but if you're ever looking for NTSC releases I can sometimes still find them on store shelves ;)

Gemini-Phoenix
02-04-2009, 02:52 AM
As you can see, a lot of these are online exclusives, which is why I missed out as I don't trust online retailers. Some of these are still available online (Such as some of the PLAY.com ones), but I can't really justify paying full RRP for games like Far Cry II (Steelbook) and Prince Of Persia (Box set) when I already own one edition of the game

And i'm missing the GameStation ones simply because I hate the retailer and I refuse to buy from them

twistedsymphony
02-04-2009, 04:33 AM
I completely understand... only only CEs aren't as common in the US but they still happen... Mass Effect was only availble through GameStop.com ... my plastic slip cover was chiped and cracked when I got it. I'm thankful nothing worse had happened since it was completely lose inside the box.

I buy most of my games through a physical Gamestop location but I hate that store. for "security reasons" they actually break the seal on their new games and put the case on the shelf with the disc in a paper slip behind the counter, apparently the emoployees are allowed to takes the discs home so they can "improve their knowledge of the game and better serve the customer"... Honestly I think they're really just intentionally de-valuing their "new" games because they have a substantially larger profit margin on used games.

Unfortunately about half of the NTSC releases are Gamestop exclusive, thankfully if you pre-order they'll keep the game behind the counter with the seal intact, I also always give a good once over before I actaully pay them for it and more than once I've asked for a different copy that isn't damanged.

... it boggles my mind how companies like that can cut deals with publishers for exclusive rights to the CE release.

Gemini-Phoenix
02-04-2009, 08:26 AM
It happens quite a lot here. It's mostly GAME, HMV and PLAY.com that do the exclusives, although Amazon and GameStation sometimes manage to secure some kind of an exclusive. Sometimes, as I would imagine is the case with GAME, they may even commission something special for the big releases, especially if they can't secure an exclusive (Eg, Fallout III where the lunchbox was available everywhere, but the figure version was a GAME exclusive)

What usually happens here is that more than one retailer may secure an exclusive, so in the case of Saints Row II, there's the standard version; HMV LE with cardboard slipcase; PLAY.com Steelbook version; And the special gift set with USB memory stick etc...

For the X360 alone there are over 70 separate LE's / CE's, which is an impressive number considering there's probably half as many for the PS2

twistedsymphony
02-04-2009, 01:53 PM
yeah the number on the 360 is pretty ridiculous... I would imagine the PS2 probably has the 2nd larger number.

One thing I'd love to really get in the database is Japanese releases, they seem to have a ridiculous number of releases as well, but the language barrier is way too thick for me to get any kind of reliable information.

LiquidEffect
02-16-2009, 05:28 AM
Mass Effect CE was Bestbuy online only. Also there is a James Bond CE available in stores.

I don't think there is a real UK Halo 3 steelbook. Like the ones in North America are the same. If there is one I think I would know about it.

Gemini-Phoenix
02-16-2009, 08:09 AM
Mass Effect CE was Bestbuy online only. Also there is a James Bond CE available in stores.

I clearly stated UK PAL

And the 007 Quantum Of Solace is a GameStation exclusive, and my local stores have sold out

I don't think there is a real UK Halo 3 steelbook. Like the ones in North America are the same. If there is one I think I would know about it.

Who mentioned a Halo III Steelbook? I am after the blue metal case Collector's Edition (Which is renowned to have loose discs due to the poor spindle design)

twistedsymphony
02-16-2009, 08:24 PM
I got my Mass Effect CE through Gamestop.com

it was sold in a few places but it was definitly ONLINE ONLY.. no idea why.

LiquidEffect
02-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Oh wait I might of had it wrong. I think it was in a couple of online stores. I got mine from Bestbuy so I guess I thought it was from there only lol

I clearly stated UK PAL

And the 007 Quantum Of Solace is a GameStation exclusive, and my local stores have sold out

Who mentioned a Halo III Steelbook? I am after the blue metal case Collector's Edition (Which is renowned to have loose discs due to the poor spindle design)

It's not exclusive if other store have it(I dunno if gamestations one is different like the one I have). Also you said UK only so I thought you meant the Halo 3 steelbook I kept on hearing about.

tossin
08-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Assassin's Creed (LE) (Metal case) ~ (PLAY.com Exclusive)

Just out of curiosity, is this the Black Edition? And is the metal case similar to the American LE version i.e. more like a box, or is it more akin to a steelbook?

NikeFerrari
08-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Your best bet is Ebay. That's where i find the best deals on factory sealed exclusive L.E. that were sold out online.
An example: ebay item No. 110412510383 and 260445229025.
Just be patient and check once a week for new additions.

Gemini-Phoenix
08-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Just out of curiosity, is this the Black Edition? And is the metal case similar to the American LE version i.e. more like a box, or is it more akin to a steelbook?

No, and um, no. The Black Edition is the sequel (Assassin's Creed 2), and is nothing like a SteelBook. It has more in common with the Halo III Collector's Edition, and is a tin case which opens front and back and separates into three parts

Your best bet is Ebay. That's where i find the best deals on factory sealed exclusive L.E. that were sold out online.
An example: ebay item No. 110412510383 and 260445229025.
Just be patient and check once a week for new additions.

Not very good examples there, and I would not buy from either of those sellers. Firstly, Startup_Media is renowned for selling reseals, and i've had trouble with buying from them in the past; And secondly, Makaveli is renowned for selling reseals and virtually everything he has for sale is damaged in some way

NikeFerrari
08-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Not very good examples there, and I would not buy from either of those sellers. Firstly, Startup_Media is renowned for selling reseals, and i've had trouble with buying from them in the past; And secondly, Makaveli is renowned for selling reseals and virtually everything he has for sale is damaged in some way

I tried them once and i'm satisfied with them. I bought sealed examples that i opened and used and they both looked immaculate. I was lucky i guess. Anyway, thanks for the info, i wish i could help more.

Gemini-Phoenix
10-10-2010, 08:04 AM
I've edited my initial post with new additions and other editions which I am currently missing

gurpswoo1
10-19-2010, 11:42 AM
I still have Dante Inferno Death Edition for Xbox 360 sealed and mint. Looking for £28.

Gemini-Phoenix
10-19-2010, 11:52 AM
It's not exclusive if other store have it(I dunno if gamestations one is different like the one I have). Also you said UK only so I thought you meant the Halo 3 steelbook I kept on hearing about.

I think we are at cross purposes as to the meaning of the word "Exclusive". I get this a lot on teh SteelBook forum, where many American's believe that "Exclusive" means "World Exclusive", whereas us European's tend to take it as "Store Exclusive within a certain country".

Ie, GAME and HMV often have exclusives in the UK, but which may also be available in other countries from another retailer. In some cases, we have the world exclusive.

And as GAME, GameStation, and GamePlay are essentially the same company, ones exclusive tends to be an exclusive for all of these three retailers, as they share stock from the same distribution centre, but which may not be available from other retailers such as PLAY, Amazon, or HMV etc

gurpswoo1
10-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Hi there

I know you were looking for Assassin creed black edition for PS3, play.com have them back in stock, also the xbox versions : -

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=assassin+creed+black&searchtype=gameall&searchsource=0

Hope this helps.