PDA

View Full Version : Itoya Art Profolio Book Original (18 x 24")

Gazereths
07-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Want To Buy - 18 x 24 inch portfolio/display book
Title:
Platform: N/A
region: USA
Condition: (Sealed, new, used,etc) New
Link to DB Entry: (if exists)

I'm after one of these portfolio/display books to keep my Mass Effect lithographs in until I can get them all framed. Does anyone know where I can buy one in the UK? It has to be 18 x 24 inches.

I can find them no problem but the shipping from the USA is around 3 times the items worth so I was hoping that there was somewhere in the UK that stocked them.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Link to item specs:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/279879-REG/Itoya_IA_12_18_Profolio_Storage_Display_Book.html

nipperkipper
08-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Want To Buy - 18 x 24 inch portfolio/display book
Title:
Platform: N/A
region: USA
Condition: (Sealed, new, used,etc) New
Link to DB Entry: (if exists)

I'm after one of these portfolio/display books to keep my Mass Effect lithographs in until I can get them all framed. Does anyone know where I can buy one in the UK? It has to be 18 x 24 inches.

I can find them no problem but the shipping from the USA is around 3 times the items worth so I was hoping that there was somewhere in the UK that stocked them.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Link to item specs:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/279879-REG/Itoya_IA_12_18_Profolio_Storage_Display_Book.html

ive been looking for one in the uk for some time now - some sellers on amazon export but works out very expensive unfortunately

toxicatom5
08-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Could this be that expensive to ship because of the size? Seems kinda high to me, but I really have no idea. Are you able to get any of this company's products without paying 3x the value for shipping? Looking at their website, if you're looking for long-term storage, they have some other products that might work too.

Gazereths
08-01-2012, 08:35 PM
The problem with the shipping is the size and weight, bigger than A2 and weighs 4.2 pounds (roughly 2KG) so it's gonna be expensive. The problem with UK made stuff is the sizes don't work out, you can get either A2 sized stuff (slightly to small) or A1 sized stuff (way to big) so I'm kinda stuck.

@nipperkipper, maybe if we bought 2 from the same seller the shipping would work out cheaper? The best price I can get for a single one delivered to the UK is £52.

EDIT, cheapest for 2 is £80.47 so it would be a saving, depends what it would cost to post in this country.

NaughtyDogJames
08-01-2012, 11:01 PM
What frames do you use? For my A2 posters I use wilkinson ones however they leave an inch either side of the poster? A bit off topic but oh well.