PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3 Figurine: Vaas Montenegro

comaamen86
09-20-2012, 02:45 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Far-Cry-Figurine-Vaas-Montenegro/dp/B007KKTVI0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348148611&sr=8-1

in what seems to be a growing ubisoft trend, quite like this one.

Vlad
09-21-2012, 05:26 PM
I ordered one from UbiShop along with the Connor figure and the ACIII artbook.
It's only £20 on there and you get a free t-shirt btw. (http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.243526300/Far_Cry_3_-_Figurine.html)

I like the figure but I like the way it feels almost like I can customise my collectors edition, for instance I have the insane edition preordered for about £45 IIRC and then this is just like if there was a version above that with a figure in my mind.
The insane edition was nice but I think until this it felt like I could have used a nice figure to go with it.

NaughtyDogJames
09-21-2012, 06:11 PM
I think this is all the ones they've done so far
-Ezio Brotherhood
-Ezio Revelations
-Connar AC3
-Ghost?, Ghost Recon
-Vaas Far Cry 3

comaamen86
09-21-2012, 07:59 PM
I ordered one from UbiShop along with the Connor figure and the ACIII artbook.
It's only £20 on there and you get a free t-shirt btw. (http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.243526300/Far_Cry_3_-_Figurine.html)

I like the figure but I like the way it feels almost like I can customise my collectors edition, for instance I have the insane edition preordered for about £45 IIRC and then this is just like if there was a version above that with a figure in my mind.
The insane edition was nice but I think until this it felt like I could have used a nice figure to go with it.

thats a good price, i van live without a t-shirt, so i am either lazy or commited to amazon but am not gonna change my pre-order, i am also starting to get into making my own ceditions now, it can be fun and cheaper

got resi 6 steel and le guide with 3 patches for £51 odd quid preordered, cheaper than game.

Dr_Jengo
09-22-2012, 05:22 AM
I think this is all the ones they've done so far
-Ezio Brotherhood
-Ezio Revelations
-Connar AC3
-Ghost?, Ghost Recon
-Vaas Far Cry 3

I'm not sure if they did the Ezio Brotherhood and Revelations one. I have been following Syco Collectibles for quite a while and have never seen those two figures linked with Syco. I dont' recall seeing the Syco Collectibles brand on the Ezio figures as well.

Of course I may be wrong. They definitely look like they are from the same line. Could be some licensing thingy that they aren't allowed to put their name. I dunno.. just saying.

vhal_x
09-22-2012, 08:45 AM
I think Titchy meant that that's all the figures Ubisoft have brung out so far xx

vhal_x
09-22-2012, 08:45 AM
If you use the code "THANKYOU10" you get 10% off your order :) xx

NaughtyDogJames
09-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Yeah that's what I meant, I think the Revelations ezio is £13 on ubishop. They have Ghost for £11.99 in my local gamestation aswell. So with the exception of the brotherhood one these have all dropped a lot.

Dr_Jengo
09-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Ahh my bad.. Apologies.

Anyway I love those figures. They are the ideal size in my opinion. Not too large and expensive and not too small. Would have got the vaas and ghost recon figures but never played those games

Vlad
09-22-2012, 12:22 PM
They have Ghost for £11.99 in my local gamestation aswell.

Oh, thanks a lot for the heads up, I was starting to think I had missed out on that one - Managed to grab one for a tenner on Game :)

Now I just need the Brotherhood one and I'll have all the ones they've done.

NaughtyDogJames
09-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Anytime, Mine can't seem to shift them :), the brotherhood ones is around £50 on eBay I think but I can't see it dropping. It's not even the nicest one in my opinion.

NaughtyDogJames
09-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Just seen the Ezio on is out of stock on Ubistore.

mosavon
09-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Yeah that's what I meant, I think the Revelations ezio is £13 on ubishop. They have Ghost for £11.99 in my local gamestation aswell. So with the exception of the brotherhood one these have all dropped a lot.

The Revelations one has been Sold Out for a little while now.

comaamen86
09-22-2012, 01:24 PM

cheers for that just got the grecon one for £9.99 on game website aswell.

Vlad
09-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Anytime, Mine can't seem to shift them :), the brotherhood ones is around £50 on eBay I think but I can't see it dropping. It's not even the nicest one in my opinion.

Yeah, that's why I actually skipped that one, it didn't really seem worth it at the time for what felt like just a more plain version of my White/Black edition figures, plus as I remember his face was funny looking when I seen a few of them.

I think now, it's not so much a case of thinking it looks nice but it feels more like it would be nice to get some kind of complete set, both in terms of the UbiShop cheaper figures and the ones that have coincided with the games.
As it is I have Altair from the AC1 CE, White/Black Ezio, Revelations Ezio and soon the two Connor ones, the UbiShop and the Freedom. (I've not bothered with any pose-able action figures, they've never really been my thing.)

NaughtyDogJames
09-22-2012, 03:29 PM
You gonna get the crouching Altair? I agree about action figures, really not my type of thing.

Vlad
09-22-2012, 06:10 PM
You gonna get the crouching Altair? I agree about action figures, really not my type of thing.

I'd like to but they ones are really rare, doubt I'd find one at a half-reasonable price now, heh.

NaughtyDogJames
09-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Picked up the John Kozak (finally remmebered the names lol) for a total of 70p once I'd traded in starhawk! I might try and get the Revelations one now.

richy rude
10-02-2012, 07:40 PM
What's the quality like of ubisoft figures in general? I'm very tempted to get Vaas he seems quite unusual/weird. I love AC but the figures never floated my boat. I've got a harley quinn bishoujo statue by Kotobukiya on pre-order. 49.99.

NaughtyDogJames
10-02-2012, 11:33 PM
They seem pretty good, fairly heavy for PVC, well detailed and good value for money in my opinion.

Vlad
10-03-2012, 12:35 AM
They seem pretty good, fairly heavy for PVC, well detailed and good value for money in my opinion.

I'd second this.

Especially with the Kozak one, I was properly impressed with the weight and detail on it when it arrived, it's even got a little metal plate on it with the name of the game.

Plus the ACIII connor one will be just as good I imagine going by the similar specs compared to Kozak listed for it.

comaamen86
10-10-2012, 10:21 AM
took a gamble and ordered from ubishop, ?19.99 with free t-shirt do they take payment straight away? are they any good at delivery?

vhal_x
10-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Yes, they take payment straight away. Never had anything delivered from them before though, so can't comment on that haha :) xx

nipperkipper
10-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Yes, they take payment straight away. Never had anything delivered from them before though, so can't comment on that haha :) xx

I order from there all the time and they take payment on dispatch for me with my card?

vhal_x
10-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Sorry, I got confused there >.< Was thinking about UbiWorkshop :haha: I can't order from UbiShop store (not the UbiWorkshop) as they don't like my card for some reason :S But I can order using Paypal, so have ordered this, and because it is via Paypal, payment is taken now.

Sorry, got myself all muddled up! Was up too early this morning, so my brain isn't functioning well :rotf: xx

comaamen86
11-27-2012, 10:38 AM
ubistore orders for this now proccessing woohoo free t-shirt

Vlad
11-28-2012, 01:27 PM
That's it, I fucking hate UbiShop.

Dear Vlad,

Thank you for ordering from Ubisoft. At your request, or at the request of the fulfiller and/or the manufacturer because the product is unfortunately out of stock, the following was cancelled from your order.

Product Name Qty Ordered Reason for cancellation
Far Cry 3 - 1

Your Order Information:
Order ID: XXXXXXXXXXX
Order Date: 11 September 2012

I guess the t-shirt was out of stock, so rather than just cancel that, they cancelled the whole figure.
After screwing me on the ACIII art book and now pissing me about with this due to their stupid automated cancellation system they can piss off in the future.

vhal_x
11-28-2012, 02:15 PM
I can't understand why they did that to you Vlad :( Mine has been dispatched fine (both the figure and the tshirt) xx

Vlad
11-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Haha, something out there hates me seems to be the simplest possibility.

At least this wasn't sold out and so I was able to order another.

richy rude
11-28-2012, 04:32 PM
I can't understand why they did that to you Vlad :( Mine has been dispatched fine (both the figure and the tshirt) xx

That's because you've got the luck of the Scottish :)

Oops sorry vlad :facepalm:

Vlad
11-28-2012, 06:39 PM
That's because you've got the luck of the Scottish :)

Haha, you can say that again; I just found out from Zavvi that even though I updated my expired card everywhere I could see on the site, apparently that didn't change the card on the order, so now my FC3 Insane Edition is still stuck at processing.

I really hope Zavvi don't end up cancelling it over a dumb thing like that :beg:

richy rude
11-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Haha, you can say that again; I just found out from Zavvi that even though I updated my expired card everywhere I could see on the site, apparently that didn't change the card on the order, so now my FC3 Insane Edition is still stuck at processing.

I really hope Zavvi don't end up cancelling it over a dumb thing like that :beg:

Nooo not Zavvi lol. Really do hate them with a passion after their outlet just screwed me over on playtrade via play.com. Had max payne 3 "processing in warehouse" :quote: for about 10 years (slight exaggeration but get the idea). I'm sure it will be OK mate, gotta keep the faith :yes:

My figure is in Germany ATM so I don't think it will arrive by tomorrow (29/11/12) which is the actual release day for figurine but will be here for 30th the launch day of actual game.

Cosmic_Link
11-28-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm sick to the Back teeth with Ubishop right now... >.< I will never deal with them again if it can be helped! I definitely will not be doing a group buy from them next year either... -_-

Sorry to hear they've messed up your order Vlad! :(

comaamen86
11-28-2012, 07:49 PM
That's it, I fucking hate UbiShop.

I guess the t-shirt was out of stock, so rather than just cancel that, they cancelled the whole figure.
After screwing me on the ACIII art book and now pissing me about with this due to their stupid automated cancellation system they can piss off in the future. they still had the free shirt offer yesterday sorry to hear bout ya troubles

NaughtyDogJames
11-28-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm still annoyed about the ?18 codex edition.

Cosmic_Link
11-28-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm still annoyed about the ?18 codec edition.

0.0 Don't say that! >.< I completely forgot about that!

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr154/El-stagundo/Funny/fuuuuu.png

NaughtyDogJames
11-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Lol.

comaamen86
11-28-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm still annoyed about the ?18 codex edition.

i remember that deal they were all gone before i could get one:think:

comaamen86
11-28-2012, 08:27 PM
cosmic how did you get to put a pic in your sig i cant for some reason

Cosmic_Link
11-28-2012, 08:51 PM
You need to upload the pic to an image hosting site and then put the image URL in IMG tags, just like you would when posting a pic on the forum! :D

comaamen86
11-28-2012, 09:43 PM
will try again wouldnt let upload apic earlier

Vlad
11-28-2012, 11:28 PM
they still had the free shirt offer yesterday sorry to hear bout ya troubles

Unfortunately that seems to be what's been listed as out of stock and why it was cancelled; wasn't available when I ordered there.

Haha, and yeah, Zavvi... I was a moron, I know they are crap but I was too tempted by getting a fiver off of it with some code.

richy rude
11-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Has anyone received theirs yet ? :-S

vhal_x
11-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Nah, they'll probably arrive tomorrow. That's what the tracking on mine says anyway xx

richy rude
11-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Got mine today. Wasn't any t-shirt though. Do they ship that separately?

The actual box it comes isn't sealed, I reckoned someone "played with him" :rotf:

Figure is good, quite impressed really. Not quite up to Kotobukiya standards but still really nice and a lot cheaper. (In UK at least).

I like it :thumb:

Vlad
11-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Yeah, nice enough figure.
Definitely not as nice as the ACIII one but still nice.

Also my actual game is still showing as processing :(
I don't trust Zavvi enough to think it'll be fine, they'll probably leave me hanging for weeks and simply say that it's sold out.
Sucks on the price, I would get it for ?45 from them, but now the cheapest I can see is ?60.

EDIT: Screw it, just ordered it from UbiShop instead, I'm not missing out on it over the sake of ?9. [Had a voucher for the extra ?6.]
Their preorder system is a piece of shit but at least their actual orders have always been perfect for me.

NaughtyDogJames
11-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Any pics of the opened figurine?