PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Necklace-Gamestop employee gift

HIPPEEDUDE
10-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Ok,this is for all the AC fans or at least some knowledgable person:) What i need is some details of the above item. I need to know full details about the size of the little letter that got included,the size of the box,the thickness of the cardboard used for the box,wether the box is folded together with rounded edges or (if the cardboard is thin enough)when folded together it has creased edges. I know all this may seem confusing a little or like stupid questions but,there are no stupid questions only stupid answers. I ask this because i have bought one of these after much hassle & negotiation,however when i got it it doesnt look or feel right to me. It certainly looks the part but,the cardboard is almost paper thin which gets me suspicious. Below is some pics,one is of what i have ended up with & another of the same item,as can be seen both look completely different.

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p489/HIPPEEDUDE/SDC11084.jpg
http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p489/HIPPEEDUDE/acpendant.jpg

Romeo
10-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Yours is correct... I have it.

On the botton should start with "Purchase Order...", a SKU, and a ship to address.

Inside is the paper detailing DLC and eight necklaces in individual baggies.

v1sav1s
10-28-2012, 06:15 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8187/8131623409_46075182a8_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8471/8131629311_c111e0298b_b.jpg

Dimensions are in pics.

HIPPEEDUDE
10-29-2012, 12:45 AM
Yours is correct... I have it.

On the botton should start with "Purchase Order...", a SKU, and a ship to address.

Inside is the paper detailing DLC and eight necklaces in individual baggies.

Ummm...how do you know mines correct,i never said what i had exactly,lol?? In the pictures shown mine is the top pic & everywhere else seems to have the one in the bottom pic.

Dimensions are in pics.
Thanks for those,dimensions for the box appear to be the same however your little letter is 17cm long,mine is 20 cm long. Also,your box appears like the ones i have seen everywhere else,made of reasonably thick brown corrugated cardboard. Mine is made up of almost paper thin white cardboard(when you open my box its all white inside,everywhere else i look its brown) & i have not found one like it anywhere. I dont believe its a one off or a odd item but simply a fake but,i cant go on a gut feeling alone when telling a selller hes sent me a fake item. The seller provided pics in their listing & they look exactly like what you have shown as well as what i see everywhere else but neither look like whats actually arrived in my hand.

v1sav1s
10-29-2012, 01:53 AM
Actually I typed in the wrong number, my letter is also 20cm in length. If you look at the measuring ruler next to the letter, you'll see. :)

My box is also made out of thin but corrugated cardboard. However, you said the interior of yours is white, which does sound fishy. And left & right sides of your box seem a bit too flat.

Can't say for sure... but hopefully you didn't pay too much. If you need more pics to confirm the authenticity - assuming mine is genuine - let me know.

HIPPEEDUDE
10-29-2012, 02:26 AM
[

Actually I typed in the wrong number, my letter is also 20cm in length. If you look at the measuring ruler next to the letter, you'll see. :)

My box is also made out of thin but corrugated cardboard. However, you said the interior of yours is white, which does sound fishy. And left & right sides of your box seem a bit too flat.

Can't say for sure... but hopefully you didn't pay too much. If you need more pics to confirm the authenticity - assuming mine is genuine - let me know.

Ok,measurements are ok that works:) The box is the main issue to me. As stated,its really thin almost paper like material,is white in color inside & doesnt look like anything i have ever seen anywhere thats similar. Yours has to be genuine,its the same as i see everywhere else,i just havent seen mine anywhere & doesnt look like anything i have seen anywhere

Romeo
10-29-2012, 02:57 AM
If you'd like I can take pictures of my set. I received mine in store with the shipment.