Nothingbutrare
10-29-2012, 10:05 PM
I can email pictures as well if needed.

nipperkipper
10-29-2012, 10:20 PM
You probably would want to remove your email address or you will get spammed

Nothingbutrare
10-29-2012, 10:24 PM
It's an old email so no worries there. It's just an option for faster responding and I hear that the folders on here get filled pretty fast.

Thanks though,

Cortney

Nothingbutrare
10-29-2012, 10:29 PM
Also prices are negotiable. I want to follow the rules.

Platfus
10-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Sorry guys for OT, but i hope he will be fine :)

Sent from my P350 Cyanogenmod 7 using Tapatalk

Nothingbutrare
10-30-2012, 02:11 AM
Also please help spread the word. This is for an amazing cause. If you know any real collectors or just someone that can help I'd really appreciate anything you can give.

Cortney

Xmo
10-30-2012, 02:29 AM
For your friend :)

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/276520_6195089915_754187989_n.jpg

rapidly-greying
10-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Is that 2 hundred dollars for the uncharted pen holder? Or am i reading that wrong.

vhal_x
10-30-2012, 03:13 PM
I believe it is R-G. Most of the things are higher than normal prices, but I'm not sure if they're just placeholder prices? Or what the seller expects. Like the Jak and Daxter Orb for instance, 1000 USD? One was sold one here for around 100 GBP not too long ago xx

gu8
10-30-2012, 03:28 PM
why is everything overpriced???

dont take this the wrong way like but if your friend is sick etc etc then you should be trying to get some money together, not charging extortionate prices

dont boo hiss me, im just saying!!

probly get fucked for saying this but i dont care

NaughtyDogJames
10-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Yeah everything is overpriced especially for someone with no feedback and only a few posts.

chupa555
10-30-2012, 05:56 PM
This topic reminds me here this topic
http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8706
Or can I have a deja vu

Nothingbutrare
10-30-2012, 07:15 PM
It's just a placeholder price to follow the rules. If that is not ok I don't mind taking it down. I've done my research on some older posts because like I said I am new to this. Should I sell one item only then to build up my feedback?

Thanks for your help.
Best,
Cortney

rapidly-greying
10-30-2012, 09:16 PM
I believe it is R-G. Most of the things are higher than normal prices, but I'm not sure if they're just placeholder prices? Or what the seller expects. Like the Jak and Daxter Orb for instance, 1000 USD? One was sold one here for around 100 GBP not too long ago xx

Help ma boab, i could probably hire Nolan North to hold my pen for a few days at that price :nosleep:

rapidly-greying
10-30-2012, 09:20 PM
Having just looked at the pen holder,it is very nice. I still wouldn't pay all that for it though. I would actually, but only if i was one of those lucky folk on massive salaries.

Which i am not:suicide:

gu8
10-30-2012, 09:24 PM
chupa has hit the nail on the head i reckon

ffs fella your out of order, dead brothers/cousins etc, wtf, whos next, jimmy saville???

no wait....

Nothingbutrare
10-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Prices have been changed to closer estimates. Hope this helps better.

Best,
Cortney

playmore64
10-30-2012, 11:22 PM
With all do respect I think we've been here before with a very similar story or course.

If you've done your research could you please be kind enough to justify as to why the Uncharted Ring/Necklace Chest is valued/priced at $800?

When I speak I think I speak for all community members and strongly believe anything listed over $50 should have a picture of the item with the users name printed on a piece of paper or whatever.

Cosmic_Link
10-31-2012, 01:03 AM
chupa has hit the nail on the head i reckon

ffs fella your out of order, dead brothers/cousins etc, wtf, whos next, jimmy saville???

no wait....

I need to stop reading your posts else I'm gonna piss myself! XD

Nothingbutrare
10-31-2012, 02:02 AM
I don't mean any disrespect or offense to anyone here or anywhere. Like I said before I'm new to all of this. Thanks to those for the tips. I stated that I will have pictures up soon and I will along with my name to help. The price for the ring at 800 is what I was quoted by someone who has sold a few before and got that price. No price is firm I'm just trying to get as much as I can. Im willing to go down on prices and work deals out with anyone. Thanks for everyone's help with this I really appreciate it. Pictures will be posted soon.

Nothingbutrare
10-31-2012, 02:10 AM
Also this is for a friend and not any other cause. Someone from the Uncharted Community who means a lot to me and I'm just trying to help.

Same person here.
http://fuckyeahuncharted.com/post/34228640559/on-a-more-serious-note

Please be respectful.

MortalMonday
11-16-2012, 05:28 AM
Did anyone else buy something from this person? I have not received my item and I have not gotten a response from the person either. I sent a few emails and a PM here a while ago, but no reply...

mosavon
11-16-2012, 05:38 AM
No but how long has it been? what did you buy.

MortalMonday
11-16-2012, 05:44 AM
Well it's only been like 2 weeks, which isn't too bad. The only thing that has me slightly concerned is that the person hasn't replied to my messages.

mosavon
11-16-2012, 05:48 AM
What was it coz they sold a bunch on ebay.

Last online 8 days ago.

MortalMonday
11-16-2012, 05:54 AM
The seller has now contacted me. Crisis averted!!!! lol

MortalMonday
12-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Still have not received my package, and seller has up and disappeared again. I really don't want to dispute the transaction with paypal because I do believe this person's story about the sick friend; but what else am I supposed to do? :(

vhal_x
12-03-2012, 08:31 AM
I'd open the dispute just to be safe, if they are genuine, I'm sure they'll understand. You can always cancel the dispute if/when they get back to you and you receive the item(s). xx

Madigan
12-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Still have not received my package, and seller has up and disappeared again. I really don't want to dispute the transaction with paypal because I do believe this person's story about the sick friend; but what else am I supposed to do? :(

Don't be so gullible, fuck that story, your money comes first, this is business not charity, plain and simple.

MortalMonday
12-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Well the thing is that I'm pretty sure the story is real. The story was even shared by Naughty Dog and one of the big media outlets; I think it was Kotaku.

Plus this seller had me send the money directly to the ill person. So essentially I'd be filing a complaint against a guy that's fighting for his life. :(

Come to think of it, If I do file the complaint, I hope I don't run in to any problems 'cause I sent the money to someone other than the seller. I just trusted the person. :(

I'm pretty sure this ill man is about to undergo major surgery any day now...

I'm kind of in a bind here.

Cosmic_Link
12-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Don't be so gullible, fuck that story, your money comes first, this is business not charity, plain and simple.

Lol straight to the point! XD

Yeah, I too would just open a dispute before the opportunity to do so disappears. Atleast then if a dispute is open, you're not likely to lose anything whether you get the item or not.

MortalMonday
12-03-2012, 09:59 AM
I still have a few days to file the complaint before the deadline. I'm gonna try one more time to contact them both. If I don't hear something good, then I'll just go ahead and file the complaint.

Sucks big time for me because of the situation with the gravely ill dude, but I can't afford to throw away money or to contribute a sizable chunk of change for charity. I don't want to file against this poor chap, but I really have no choice. :(

Here's hoping I hear back from the seller before I have to file...

Madigan
12-03-2012, 10:12 AM
This is why I hate when someone shares a story like this, true or not.

"I'm selling my daughter's necklace after she died decapitated in a car crash and I'm trying to pay the funeral"

I want to buy the item not the story behind it. I'm free to donate money when, where and how I want, but not this way.

Hell, you live in the same country... think about that, and you have a few days left before the deadline? waiting 40 days living in the same country?

And I don't care if you hear something good (good = you receive the package, good =/= a poor excuse), paypal is your only protection against it, use it and don't be a fool.

vhal_x
12-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Yeah, definitely use Paypal claim. Something just popped into my head regarding this.

You're worried because you believe the story to be legitimate, so don't want to be filing a claim against a gravely ill guy, but yeah, sure, the story might be genuine, but who is to say that this seller is actually anything to do with that story, they might just have seen that story and thought "here, I could make a quick buck!" and lists things "for sale"

I'm not saying that's what is happening here, but you need to be careful. File the claim. It might just give them a kick up the ass to contact you and get your things sent fast if they are genuine xx

MortalMonday
12-03-2012, 10:17 AM
You're right. I'm gonna file for sure if I don't get the package within a day or two. I have like 5 days to file I think.

playmore64
12-03-2012, 10:37 AM
@MM could you provide us with a link from Kotaku and I will verify this.

Shared by the (dream team) ND! I very much doubt that do you any sources?

MortalMonday
12-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Naughty Dog shared it on facebook.

It's there, just scroll down a bit:

http://www.facebook.com/naughtydog

mosavon
12-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Is the person who accepted the money the same name as the guy on facebook? I was thinking same as vhal.

MortalMonday
12-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Yes, I'm pretty sure it's the same person. I'll have to double check, but I'm 99% sure it's him.

mosavon
12-04-2012, 12:24 AM
You have a member selling his late brothers stuff, then a member selling his friends stuff, also some was sold via ebay under the same user name. All of it seems to be the same person, you haven't received the stuff, nobody else has come forward, seems you were the only one who brought anything. I asked before and you didn't say but i think its better if you say what you brought.

I appreciate the nature of this situation, but sick scams are a reality, i hope that's not the case here, although you can be forgiven for thinking the worst.

Edit : Ask Twistedsymphony or another staff member if nateandsully/nothingbutrare were created on the same IP address. They will be able to confirm that, worth asking.

comaamen86
12-04-2012, 03:15 AM
reading through does all seem a bit iffy, there may of been a thread of truth in the original story but it sounds like someone has taken that and made it their own, i do hope i am wrong and things work out for you though

mosavon
12-04-2012, 05:36 AM
Here's the guys ebay account with a -2 feedback, buyers accusing him of being a Scammer.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=2becontinued&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=160917951270&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Vigilante leather was referred to in the feedbacks to.

Madigan
12-04-2012, 06:16 AM
I really don't know why there's no restriction to sell here, like minimum 20 post and 1 month of activity... the marketplace is a wild west, every piece of shit can come, "sell", scam and get away with it.... we need a filter here. >: (

I'm glad mortal monday posted here, we saved his ass lol

MortalMonday
12-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Damn, that eBay feedback record settles it! I'm opening my dispute right now. Thanks guys. You all are great! Let's just hope I get my money back! Thanks again everyone.

MortalMonday
12-04-2012, 06:34 AM
Has anyone ever gone through a paypal dispute? Is there any way to bring back the original posting from this thread. The seller erased the original post. I think I might submit this thread as evidence. Any other advice? This might be tough because the money was sent to supposedly a second person (the sick dude.) I'm thinking now that the email address is a fake email that went straight to the seller anyway; so hopefully there will be no problem.

MortalMonday
12-04-2012, 06:59 AM
So I just finished typing up my dispute, and right after submitting it I got a response right away saying that the seller is not accepting communications right now; and I got an option to immediately escalate the claim directly to paypal for a decision. I was not expecting that at all, but it only further leads me to conclude that this seller is a total phony and is trying to disappear completely.

SwiftDeath
12-04-2012, 07:05 AM
So I just finished typing up my dispute, and right after submitting it I got a response right away saying that the seller is not accepting communications right now; and I got an option to immediately escalate the claim directly to paypal for a decision. I was not expecting that at all, but it only further leads me to conclude that this seller is a total phony and is trying to disappear completely.

I would definitely escalate this to a claim

Seller has failed to provide proof of delivery of goods and therefore you should be protected under paypal, assuming you payed for it with the goods option

MortalMonday
12-04-2012, 07:21 AM
So immediately after I escalated the claim someone stepped out of the woodwork and sent me the full $200 that I paid for the poster. This whole thing is so weird. Someone using a totally different email address just sent me the full $200, but the thing is that they did not send it as a refund. It was sent as payment.

At this point I'm trying to think like a scammer in order to protect my ass. Why would they send me money as payment? Could they be hoping that I close the case, then once the period for dispute protection comes and goes, they open a claim of their own for full reimbursement of the $200 payment?

NaughtyDogJames
12-04-2012, 07:23 AM
That's how I think. I'd email them and say you want it as a gift.

NaughtyDogJames
12-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Also I'm curious as to what you bought.

MortalMonday
12-04-2012, 07:27 AM
it was a poster that I bought.

Madigan
12-04-2012, 07:40 AM
So immediately after I escalated the claim someone stepped out of the woodwork and sent me the full $200 that I paid for the poster. This whole thing is so weird. Someone using a totally different email address just sent me the full $200, but the thing is that they did not send it as a refund. It was sent as payment.

At this point I'm trying to think like a scammer in order to protect my ass. Why would they send me money as payment? Could they be hoping that I close the case, then once the period for dispute protection comes and goes, they open a claim of their own for full reimbursement of the $200 payment?

Exactly, continue the claim and ignore that payment and do not request it as gift, let paypal handle this.

My god this guy is amazing, he's a fucking parasite.

comaamen86
12-04-2012, 07:53 AM
I really don't know why there's no restriction to sell here, like minimum 20 post and 1 month of activity... the marketplace is a wild west, every piece of shit can come, "sell", scam and get away with it.... we need a filter here. >: (

I'm glad mortal monday posted here, we saved his ass lol

agree100% maybe as said by yourself a few months membership, andmaybe 100 posts up to deter spam posting, but new members could still post ebay auction/bin links of what they are selling? it would be up to any buyer how they proceed from there

SwiftDeath
12-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Continue with the claim.

Depending how they sent the 200, they can in turn try to screw you and request it back.

Regardless refund MUST be sent as a refund from account you sent money too.

Only way to truly protect yourself

mosavon
12-04-2012, 01:06 PM
I agree, DONT end the dispute, let Paypal decide the outcome of your original payment, that way if this is there way of re-scamming you you won't have lost anything since you will have your initial payment back.

gu8
12-04-2012, 09:41 PM
just putting my two pennys worth in, mortal wtf mate i thought you were bigger than this bro, cant believe you took so long to open a dispute, simply keep the claim going and keep the 200 dollars

btw im just doing a thread for my dying swan, it has cancer, gimme monies

comaamen86
12-04-2012, 09:44 PM
just putting my two pennys worth in, mortal wtf mate i thought you were bigger than this bro, cant believe you took so long to open a dispute, simply keep the claim going and keep the 200 dollars

i will pay by weight per pound, as long as its illness does not affect the taste once cooked

mosavon
12-04-2012, 11:30 PM

It's a pretty touchy subject though lol, but yeah what a scumbag...this is on another level! Real Evil in this world :( very sad.

Keep the dispute going for sure, cant stress that enough.

jugolicious
12-05-2012, 03:22 AM
can someone pm me the paypal email address that Nothingbutrare asked you to send the money to

i have some dealing with vigilante leather before, and i would like to do a little investigating regarding this for sale thread

thanks!

mosavon
12-05-2012, 03:38 AM
I think only MortalMonday can answer that question Jug'sy

jugolicious
12-05-2012, 04:16 AM
thanks mos, i will pm him!

comaamen86
12-05-2012, 05:13 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m42kqxH9f01qk1lzpo1_500.gif

jugolicious
12-05-2012, 05:34 AM