PDA

View Full Version : assassin creed connor print help

LowlyAssassin
11-08-2012, 09:32 PM
I recently got this from someone
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/limited-edition-hoodie-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjQ2/$T2eC16VHJHgE9n0yFjOGBQjGq+rIbQ~~60_58.JPG
And also received this
not actual photo as I'm not home till tomorrow, will get actual photo up then
http://www.videogameauctions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Assassins-Creed-III-Connor-Print-Ubi-Workshop-UbiWorkshop.jpg

Now how on earth do I know if its real?

LowlyAssassin
11-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Like is there anyone in the UK who has this who I could sending to too get a comparison

ingmar1988
11-08-2012, 09:45 PM
seems real to me?

LowlyAssassin
11-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Oh yea that's a stock photo as I'm not home till tomorrow
But of looks identical to me although I can't confirm as its not direct from UbiWorkshop and as he didn't say it was included although he was aware that I was a huge fan of the series and he was having a clear out of all things AC

SwiftDeath
11-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Oh yea that's a stock photo as I'm not home till tomorrow
But of looks identical to me although I can't confirm as its not direct from UbiWorkshop and as he didn't say it was included although he was aware that I was a huge fan of the series and he was having a clear out of all things AC

To be honest, if he gave you the print without telling you and especially without charging you for it, then there would be no incentive for him to fake it.

Assuming the above is true, then if he says he got it direct from ubisoft, I would most certainly believe him.

In my experience, people only lie when it benefits them. Doesn't seem to be the case here

LowlyAssassin
11-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Yea but if money gets short and I need some cash this is the one thing I know I can sell then of it turns out to be fake I'm in trouble

SwiftDeath
11-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Yea but if money gets short and I need some cash this is the one thing I know I can sell then of it turns out to be fake I'm in trouble

All my instincts tell me it's real assuming the information you provided.

However proving something is real is an entirely different matter.

Anyone know if the signatures on the letter are by hand on real copies?

If so, that would probably be the best method of verification.

LowlyAssassin
11-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Well I've seen pics of more then 5 of these and the signatures are all identically in the same place so I think ubi just used digital files or made one and copied it

SwiftDeath
11-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Well I've seen pics of more then 5 of these and the signatures are all identically in the same place so I think ubi just used digital files or made one and copied it

I was worried that was the case.

Since this was kind of thrown together last minute as an apology, I had my doubts they would sign them individually but if they had it would had made verification easy.

As it is, the print is probably the best means to try and verify authenticity but I think someone else will have to weigh in as I'm unfamiliar with how prints are faked etc.

To be honest, you're probably being a little paranoid but I suppose if any AC memorabilia was to be faked, this print would be the best bet. High value and low effort to fake.

Did you ask the seller about where he got the print?

LowlyAssassin
11-08-2012, 10:33 PM
No I just opened it up and came straight on here
I'll drop him a line and see what he says

LowlyAssassin
11-08-2012, 10:35 PM
I was in the process of making my own custom assassins creed Betsy Ross 5x3 american flag for personal display
but the hand embroidery was taking an age
Just as I liked it so much and none where up for sale then UbiWorkshop announced a public sale so I shelved that idea

MortalMonday
11-09-2012, 02:46 AM
I had a few of these authentic prints & signed letters in my possession. In my opinion, the signatures are not hand written. They're printed signatures. The signatures line up exactly on the few examples that I had. The paper that the letter is written on is very flimsy. It's just a cheap, very thin, regular sheet of paper; the kind that you use on your home printer. There's no ink bleed-through on the reverse-side of the sheet of paper as would be expected from hand written signatures.

The paper that the art is printed on is better quality than the paper that the letter is copied on. It's a heavier stock paper, though it's not too firm. Plus I think the surface of the paper has an almost silky feel to it. I may be wrong about that bit though. I don't have any spare prints available now to test. My one and only print is now framed and inaccessible for testing.

v1sav1s
11-09-2012, 03:21 AM
When they started sending out those apology letters, around July/August, for the late hoodies the first wave were printed on a navy blue hard stock paper.

MortalMonday
11-09-2012, 03:35 AM
blue paper? I've never seen those letters.

NaughtyDogJames
11-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Would weighing it prove authenticity?

LowlyAssassin
11-11-2012, 12:49 AM
If we had scales that where precise enough
Or you mean paper thickness gsm don't know how you measure that
I'll just go on the assumption its fake

MortalMonday
11-11-2012, 12:55 AM
Is there a difference in paper quality between the letter and the print itself? If the answer is no, then it's probably a fake. Like I said before, the paper quality on the print is better than the paper quality on the letter. The art is printed on lightweight cardstock paper. It's firm/sturdy paper, but not too sturdy, if you get my meaning.

Emzze
11-11-2012, 03:32 AM
If the letter is paper and the print is a thicker card stock then I would assume it is real.

Twisted
11-11-2012, 04:56 AM
if he sent it to you as a freebie..then maybe it's fake..so no big loss to him..if it were real..and he knew it's collectability worth...maybe he would of tried to sell it on ebay etc...otherwise frame it and display it :D

LowlyAssassin
11-11-2012, 09:23 AM
The letter is on thin normal cheap paper
And the art is on something thicker , feels sort of like card

MortalMonday
11-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Maybe it's real then.

LowlyAssassin
11-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Is then printed side shiny or does it match the reverse and both sides are dull? In a genuine one

FairyMagpie
05-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Hey, I actually have the same print I ordered the desmond hoodie that got those as a apology gift, the signitures were printed... I dunno if you found out anything more, I just have one myself and trying to figure out its worth.

KnightOfTruth
05-28-2015, 01:11 PM
Awww... this old thread makes me miss Swifty :(

MPDEW
05-29-2015, 06:40 AM
Is then printed side shiny or does it match the reverse and both sides are dull? In a genuine one

I've also have this print my dear Lady if you still need info on this. :D

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk