PDA

View Full Version : (Some of) My collection and collecting

LonestarGoner
11-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Hello! I have just found this site, so I decided to dive in! A little about me first and why I collect - I graduated from Grand Valley State University with a degree in History and Political Science, along with certification in secondary education for both. My fields of specialization are Cultural History and Modern Archaeology (studying and documenting things before they become relics, usually this entails literature and day-to-day objects that would might confuse archaeologists in the future. Imagine some researcher 1000 years from now finding a Batman comic, who knows what they'd think!) Though the field is small, it already had many people involved in written media, and very few involved in researching electronic media. I do enjoy playing games, but research is just as interesting, sometimes more so. I pity the poor sap who comes across Hyperdimension Neptunia in the coming centuries - he/she will think we were all lunatics.

Ok, I know most of you didn't care about any of that (I do, let me have my moment!) Here is some of my collection as it stands now:

Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis Limited Edition - Still in original wrapping.
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy Limited Edition - near mint.
Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia Limited Edition - plus have OST
Ar Tonelico: Melodyof Metafalica Limited Edition - very good shape
Growlanser: Heritage of War Deluxe Edition - Even have the buttons and keychain!
Arc the Lad Complete Collection - Have it, but still in boxes somewhere (I really should have unpacked fully when I moved)
Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Deluxe Edition with Figures - All 10 figures, even the Fuka!
Hyperdimension Neptunia - the big box!
Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel - another big box!
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - full set with playing cards
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - OST, controller, plus have collector's edition strategy guide with cloth map
Nintendo 64 Pod Racer Edition console - with game, manual, and box still in decent shape

There's more (and more on the way), but now I'm just rambling.

Twisted
11-09-2012, 04:56 AM
hey! welcome..:)...please show us pics whenever you can of your collection..i'm not familiar with most of those titles..look very unique..would love to see'em!!!

LonestarGoner
11-12-2012, 05:36 AM
Huge new addition!

Growlanser Generations, for PS2 - FULL SET, including all things in box (both games, watch, cards, necklace, ring, and OST) PLUS mini-deck of card and BOTH collector pins!

Will post pics from this and more soon!

Twisted
11-12-2012, 05:49 AM
Yeah!...please do post pics...we would all love to see them!!!!...especially your unique stuff.

LonestarGoner
11-12-2012, 05:52 AM
Picture time - let's see if I can do this right.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8064/8177913170_b96b72acbd_b.jpg
Hyperdimension Neptunia 1 and 2 LE

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8345/8177912494_cb4a8f7279_b.jpg
Mana Khemia 1 and 2 LE, 1 is still unopened

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8057/8177910402_122c0d6137_b.jpg
Ar Tonelico Full series (1, 2 and Qoga), all LEs

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8060/8177908578_c270773374_b.jpg
Growlanser Heritage of War LE

Sorry for the abyssmal picture quality - took these with my phone as my camera is less than operational at the moment.

More to come!

Lemur
11-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Nice collection! I see you like skimpily dressed cartoon girls. :rotf:

LonestarGoner
11-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Haha! Darn, you caught me. I thought I was being so sneaky, too, um......posting these online for the entire world.

Maybe I'll post some more pics just to prove you.....righter. :surrender:

NaughtyDogJames
11-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Nice collection! I see you like skimpily dressed cartoon girls. :rotf:

Who doesn't? ;)
Oh and welcome to the forum

Fitzgera1d
11-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Welcome! Yeah, who doesn't like skimpy dressed anime girls? I unfortunately have been guilty of that myself, lol.