PDA

View Full Version : what if steelbook.com had?

Twisted
11-13-2012, 12:33 AM
an on-line store :D...with all there steelbook designs available for sale..:D...and all of them came sealed :D...and the agreements were in place..that even though retailers worldwide would get exclusives..steelbook.com can also sell identical ones on there website, of course only for replacements of damaged ones, or maybe u lost one and need to replace it etc. :D..and every steelbook was lets say $10 a piece :D..and they had all of there G1 and G2 categorized..:D..and upcoming sneak peeks of new designs :D..man! i would be like a kid in a candy store!

SwiftDeath
11-13-2012, 01:25 AM
an on-line store :D...with all there steelbook designs available for sale..:D...and all of them came sealed :D...and the agreements were in place..that even though retailers worldwide would get exclusives..steelbook.com can also sell identical ones on there website, of course only for replacements of damaged ones, or maybe u lost one and need to replace it etc. :D..and every steelbook was lets say $10 a piece :D..and they had all of there G1 and G2 categorized..:D..and upcoming sneak peeks of new designs :D..man! i would be like a kid in a candy store!

Yes yes we all have our own wet dreams about steelbooks

The problem you must understand is when we humans get everything we desire easily, it tends to lose its appeal.

I don't think collecting would be so much fun if it were easy.

For example, if every game could be beaten in full by everyone and took no effort, then it would completely lose any sense of achievement.

Same can be said for collecting

Just my opinion of course...

rapister
11-13-2012, 11:00 AM
maybe you could buy SOME steelbooks online.... would be a good compromise
they would probably put on movie steelbooks, if they ever do it

Dreamcazman
11-13-2012, 12:12 PM
As much as I'd love to have a central place to buy steelbooks just for the ease, it would lose it's appeal because I also like scouring eBay, forums and other sources to find a particular case I've been after for a while.

The hunt is all part of the fun. :)

SBCollectorAl
11-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Yes yes we all have our own wet dreams about steelbooks

The problem you must understand is when we humans get everything we desire easily, it tends to lose its appeal.

I don't think collecting would be so much fun if it were easy.

For example, if every game could be beaten in full by everyone and took no effort, then it would completely lose any sense of achievement.

Same can be said for collecting

Just my opinion of course...

What are you talking about? Of course I would be still a collector because for example if you become a playa and you would get every woman you wanted to have, you won't say one day no I am not intrested in women any longer, now I will start to collect stamps or shoes because that is more difficult to collect for me.

SwiftDeath
11-13-2012, 06:43 PM
What are you talking about? Of course I would be still a collector because for example if you become a playa and you would get every woman you wanted to have, you won't say one day no I am not intrested in women any longer, now I will start to collect stamps or shoes because that is more difficult to collect for me.

While I don't necessarily think your counterargument is entirely accurate, I feel like if I were to argue back we would really start to move away from the op.

As such I will simply say that if this occurred I would only buy steelbooks that truly caught my eye or were for games that I really liked.

I have to admit there are steelbooks that I have that I do not think have a very attractive design or are for games that were terrible and wouldn't get them if they were this easy to get.

Also if this occurred steelbooks would not truly be collectibles in my mind as they would be far too readily available.