PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy

Collector's Edition
11-14-2011, 09:54 PM
final-fantasy-25th-anniversary-ultimate-box-ps3-2
...view this game on the homepage (http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/final-fantasy-25th-anniversary-ultimate-box-ps3-2)

Raasclark
08-31-2012, 12:32 PM
Full Game Name: Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Ultimate Box collection
Edition Name: See above
Platform(s): PS3
Region(s): Japan NTSC, others TBC
Publisher: Square Enix
Release Date: 18.12.2012
Price (RRP): ¥35,000 ($445)
Bar Code: (if known)
Package Description: NA
Content Description: The first game collection, which is meant to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the series, will feature the PlayStation One versions of Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI, the original PlayStation One versions of Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIIl and Final Fantasy IX, and the PlayStation 2 versions of Final Fantasy X, XI, and XII, and Final Fantasy XIII.

This set will also contain a video disc housing an anniversary celebration video montage, an art book called Crystal Artworks, a Final Fantasy XIV item code for in-game "mogu mogu" earrings, a mini replica of the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary visual logo drawn by Yoshitaka Amano, and a two-disc music CD featuring songs from the series.

Link(s) to source(s): http://store.jp.square-enix.com/special/ff25th#set

Other Info/Pics:
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17xna3v22u6ixjpg/original.jpg

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2012/243/FFUltimateBox_09728_screen.jpg

themidlandmaster
08-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Remasters or physical ps1 copies?

Raven
08-31-2012, 01:12 PM
http://store.jp.square-enix.com/special/ff25th#set

The box includes the PlayStation disc versions of all the numeric Final Fantasy games from FFI to FFXIII. It also comes with a Crystal ArtWorks art book, special music CDs, a movie showing 25 years of FF, among other goodies like a Moogle in-game earring for FFXIV.

The "Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Ultimate Box" box will be out on December 18 and is priced at ¥35,000 ($445). Pre-orders end on September 30.

Doubt it be remasters as with like the latter FF (7, 8 and 9), site says the corresponding number of disc but seems like we are missing the X-2 and 13-2 and the upcoming 13-3 and versus plus psp titles.

themidlandmaster
08-31-2012, 01:21 PM
Cool!

Raasclark
08-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Nice find on the reference. I'll edit accordingly.

Yeah it seems to be the case. Although wasn't Final Fantasy 3 on UMD for PSP only?

Regardless, looks an awesome set and a must buy for me. Heres hoping they schedule a worldwide release! They'll make a killing if they do!

Raven
08-31-2012, 02:14 PM
I think FF3 was first released on NES.

But yeah thinking about it we had a remaster of FF5 I think for PSP and lots of other spin-offs like dissidia plus was also Energize and a Chocobo Racing game for PSX.

If they included everything localized and playable on 1 system (FF13-3 and Versus maybe pushing it), I would definitely get it.

kittychloe
08-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Its so pretty, will it make it to international waters though?

Madigan
08-31-2012, 03:20 PM
OH MAAA GAWDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i.minus.com/iba3xH7IKKEKs4.gif

http://i.minus.com/i9t4zZb2DtDih.gif

MY BODY IS READY!!!!!!!!!

http://i.minus.com/ibpaPoKH2pcWHO.gif

joynulk
08-31-2012, 03:31 PM
hope it comes to the uk

if not anyone willing to get this for us

Raasclark
08-31-2012, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=Madigan;74241]OH MAAA GAWDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i.minus.com/iba3xH7IKKEKs4.gifQUOTE]

BEST.GIF.EVER.

Twisted
08-31-2012, 09:37 PM
my understanding is this most likely will NOT work on late model PS3 that do not have or support backwards compatability..since there marked as PS1 and PS2 Discs..essentially you would have to have a PS2 to play most of these games.

Workshed
08-31-2012, 11:22 PM
my understanding is this most likely will NOT work on late model PS3 that do not have or support backwards compatability..since there marked as PS1 and PS2 Discs..essentially you would have to have a PS2 to play most of these games.

PS1 games play on all PS3s just fine but they will be region locked...

Twisted
09-01-2012, 02:35 AM
it's a fact that PS3 is "region free"..can somebody confirm if PS2 games and Original PLAYSTATION games is region locked?

Queeny
09-01-2012, 03:25 AM
^
yes they are !!
I still have PS1 and PS2 ..
I saw some of the gamers who have sometimes a JP PS with US or EU PS ..
since they love to make it original and legal .

MLSxGHOST
09-01-2012, 04:18 AM
Its so pretty, will it make it to international waters though?

Hop so it's sooooo Sexy!

Twisted
09-01-2012, 06:19 AM
i made contact with a person in japan to try to help order one for me...he naturally of course thought it was supercool too and ordered one for himself,..than tried to order one for me..but square enix e-store BLOCKED and CANCELLED the second order because it is ONE PER PERSON/ADDRESS...unbelieveable..i feel gutted!!!!

kittychloe
09-01-2012, 06:21 AM
i made contact with a person in japan to try to help order one for me...he naturally of course thought it was supercool too and ordered one for himself,..than tried to order one for me..but square enix e-store BLOCKED and CANCELLED the second order because it is ONE PER PERSON/ADDRESS...unbelieveable..i feel gutted!!!!

Is it pay up front?
Tell him to use his next door neighbours address

Letrico
09-01-2012, 07:35 AM
hey kitty the one piece CE with sunny ship is available on EBgames. Go order it now lol

Stasis
09-01-2012, 09:09 AM
OH MAAA GAWDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i.minus.com/iba3xH7IKKEKs4.gif

BEST.GIF.EVER.

That is exactly how I feel inside but this is just way out of my budget!

kittychloe
09-01-2012, 10:47 AM
hey kitty the one piece CE with sunny ship is available on EBgames. Go order it now lol

Cries... Why the 20th why... Not only borderlands but the street fighter box aswell.. This isnt my month :( might have to cancel the street fighter box...

Workshed
09-01-2012, 11:40 AM
it's a fact that PS3 is "region free"..can somebody confirm if PS2 games and Original PLAYSTATION games is region locked?

PS1 and PS2 are very much region locked.

RyT
09-01-2012, 11:54 AM
too expensive.. release it in the States and EU/AU, maybe I'll consider..

Ryu Kazama
09-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Might be a bit of a nightmare to release in the US/EU. I don't think the older games have been rated under PEGI (for EU), so they would have to go through that again. Saying that, I think only FFIII and IV need the ratings. The others should already be PEGI rated.

Probably means additional cost in other licenses for the music discs and the use of Amano's art.

Would love to see an English release but will try and get this as well. Expensive but just makes sense for me. The Street Fighter 25th should've been similar to this...

kittychloe
09-01-2012, 02:35 PM
some how i think this is going to be one of those japan only final fantasy things, like most of their other memorabilia annoyingly enough

Ryu Kazama
09-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Probably. If it ever does come west side it will definitely be cheaper (may miss some content). If anything, I'm surprised at it's Japanese price given how their other single games are priced (Type-0 LE, Bravely Default LE).

Does anyone know if they charge on order?

Twisted
09-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Actually i will have to pass on any attempts to get this, since 90% of the contents is REGION LOCKED to Japan..so it does me really no good in the US :(..lets face it...due to sheer size and heft and price..this will never make it to the west..retailers would refuse..because only tiny minority of people could afford it for what it is...a bunch of old games, for systems that havent been sold in years.

DoctorX
09-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Actually if you think that price aint too bad, considering that this includes so many hard to find games in one single box. If your Final Fantasy fan go for it if you dont mind that these are Japanese. Absolutely must have for FF fan.

gu8
09-01-2012, 08:24 PM
madigan you are a genius, have to agree with clarke, proper funny .gif.

tears streaming now

SquirrelRaper
09-02-2012, 10:57 PM
I'm going to hopefully order this soon. Just need to figure out how to get a hold of it. Im hoping a store that ships to the US will have it.

geralds
09-02-2012, 11:52 PM
I'm going to hopefully order this soon. Just need to figure out how to get a hold of it. Im hoping a store that ships to the US will have it.

I do not be leave they do you need to find a importer willing to do it also come up with like $500 USD minimum probably.

kittychloe
09-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Ive asked a friend to check if ordering this requires upfront payment, if it does i will let you know, if it doesnt im ordering one

If importers are anything like play asia your looking at 1k for it

SquirrelRaper
09-03-2012, 12:14 AM
I do not be leave they do you need to find a importer willing to do it also come up with like $500 USD minimum probably.

Yeah, the site i was going to use is charging $500 and has to be done by Sept-30 but I dont trust them since they damaged one of my other CE's and they wouldnt contact me back to fix it. So if they send me a beat up CE, I cant do anything about it since the release date is so far out.

Im going to ask one of my friends that live in Japan if they will help me instead...though they aren't a game collector, Im hoping they will help me haha XD I just hope they are still living there lol.

Madigan
09-03-2012, 12:18 AM
He requested full payment before sept 30?

I don't trust that site, paying 500 now when you know the guy doesn't give a shit about the packaging + you don't have paypal protection., it's risky.

SquirrelRaper
09-03-2012, 12:28 AM
I preordered Dragons Dogma CE from them and they didnt even put it in a box and it came all fucked up. I had ordered it months before it came out and it arrived like that, so I couldnt open a case on them but if anyone wants to risk using them....order from www.Yamato-touch.com

Though, I did order the MGS 3DS and it cam packaged very nice. I paid the most expensive shipping on it and had ordered it right before it came out from them so I could have screwed them up if they had messed up...so I dont know if that's why it came nice or not >_<

Twisted
09-03-2012, 01:38 AM
SquirrelRaper,..you do realize that the FF ULTIMATE BOX is REGION LOCKED to japan right?..just checking cuz, unless you own an imported PS2 etc,..it would be an expensive paperweight ;)..since you won't be able to use majority of the discs in the set.

kittychloe
09-03-2012, 01:44 AM
SquirrelRaper,..you do realize that the FF ULTIMATE BOX is REGION LOCKED to japan right?..just checking cuz, unless you own an imported PS2 etc,..it would be an expensive paperweight ;)..since you won't be able to use majority of the discs in the set.

This is why Mod Chips exist :D

Madigan
09-03-2012, 01:56 AM
This is why Mod Chips exist :D

Mod chip?

Emulator and keep the box sealed :D :lock::lock:

kittychloe
09-03-2012, 01:58 AM
Mod chip?

Emulator and keep the box sealed :D :lock::lock:

But then how will i look at the pretty stuff inside? And take pics for the database

Madigan
09-03-2012, 02:08 AM
No! It's no longer a collectible!

http://i.minus.com/ipUrSqRSKPUJv.png

kittychloe
09-03-2012, 02:16 AM
I prefer to know i didnt buy a box of bricks :p unless its a ce for the brickman chronicles

SquirrelRaper
09-03-2012, 02:49 AM

Yes, I do but it doesnt matter because I wont be opening it. XD Though, I do have some imported consoles. I must own all the PS3 CE's haha. Im guessing you could call it a PS3 CE? Im not even sure lol.

Lightning00
09-03-2012, 04:25 AM
As much as I want it I do agree with some people here that I would only get it if they released in the state, though if was a bit cheaper I would of bought it.. Can't drop 35000 yen and not to play half of the game >_<

Ryu Kazama
09-03-2012, 10:38 AM
The only reason to really own this is for show anyway...well, that's my reason. I've got domestic English copies to play. This is just a nice piece for a special anniversary. With more of Amano's sexy artwork.

Really hope they switch the content to include the International X and XII though.

geralds
11-13-2012, 10:27 PM
added

geralds
03-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Added the hong kong Digital collection.

LowlyAssassin
03-12-2013, 09:04 AM
Soooois there's a known number of how many they made?

geralds
03-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Soooois there's a known number of how many they made?

Know number of which one they made if your talking about the Japanese edition the answer is nope.