PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Xbox Live 10 year anniversary Xbox 360 console

MortalMonday
11-14-2012, 06:08 AM
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/268484136946253825

I can confirm we?re surprising some of the #Xbox LIVE members that have been with us the longest with one of these

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2012/11/xboxlimed10yearhedimg370pxhightake2.jpg

More pics and info here:

http://kotaku.com/5960013/microsoft-sending-xbox-live-veterans-a-custom-free-xbox-360

OniRyo
11-14-2012, 07:46 AM
Ahh too bad, i'm almost at 9 years at Xbox Live, it was hard to get a subscription back then at someone my age.

vhal_x
11-14-2012, 09:21 AM
No way! I'm just a little 4 year rookie :( Boo xx

Cosmic_Link
11-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Damn... :( 5 years too late! >.<

A new console for BigGav to add to his collection... :P

MortalMonday
11-14-2012, 09:38 AM
I don't collect consoles, but this is just too damn special to pass up. I'm getting one somehow, lol.

Cosmic_Link
11-14-2012, 09:47 AM
I would like one, but I'm not prepared to pay the crazy prices that special consoles like this go for... :(

NaughtyDogJames
11-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Probably be around 1000-1500 of these seeing as why they're being given out.

MoonTar
11-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Probably be around 1000-1500 of these seeing as why they're being given out.

More the merrier! (Also cheaper) I want one!

NaughtyDogJames
11-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Yep agreed. I don't have an Xbox so this would be ideal.

geralds
11-14-2012, 08:51 PM
There just giving there for free at random without telling soul about it for people who have been subcribers for xbox the hole 10 years. You will simply may recieve one withotu your knowlage if you have bene an xbox live subscriber for 10 years simple easy.

OniRyo
11-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Just a luck based thing i do suppose, well i'm happy with my nearly 9 years subscription atleast, if i were older that time i would've had a subscription way before!, had a Xbox for a long time without Xbox Live.

geralds
11-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Just a luck based thing i do suppose, well i'm happy with my nearly 9 years subscription atleast, if i were older that time i would've had a subscription way before!, had a Xbox for a long time without Xbox Live.

I would say some what luck based but unless you are a subscriber for the full 10 years then you have 0 chance of getting 1 period so i guess lucked based on the people who were full time subscribers for all 10 years. Just doesnt seem worth it to me you relise how many xboxs they cought have bought in that amount of time. Meh i guess im just never going to see the appeal of xbox live when i get same service free on ps3 basiclly.

Twisted
11-14-2012, 10:08 PM
i'm not an xbox owner,..but everyone whose been on xbox live for 10 years gets one?..or they have a random chance at getting one?..and no sorry i did'nt read the linked article :D

geralds
11-14-2012, 10:15 PM

i'm not an xbox owner,..but everyone whose been on xbox live for 10 years gets one?..or they have a random chance at getting one?..and no sorry i did'nt read the linked article :D

I am not sure exact the link does not state but it is 1 of the 2. So basically all that really matters is you haven't been on xbox live for all 10 years your not getting one plain and simple.

vhal_x
11-14-2012, 10:17 PM
My boyfriend is all sad now, he has been an Xbox Live member for a full 10 years (his dad paid for his account way back then!), but he changed his gamertag around 5 years ago (as in, made a new one, not just pay to alter the existing one), so he won't be eligible (if it's even applicable in the UK anyway).

Boo :( xx

geralds
11-14-2012, 10:22 PM
My boyfriend is all sad now, he has been an Xbox Live member for a full 10 years (his dad paid for his account way back then!), but he changed his gamertag around 5 years ago (as in, made a new one, not just pay to alter the existing one), so he won't be eligible (if it's even applicable in the UK anyway).

Boo :( xx

I am sure you can still get one they will just be offloaded on ebay i meen realy there giving them to people who already have an xbox 360 anyone so there only going make money on the hole ordeal by selling them on ebay anyway. Kinda like the south park Xbox made year or 2 ago you couldn't win it unless you owned an xbox anyway and who ever won it sold it on ebay.

vhal_x
11-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah but unfortunately I don' have the kind of money that those consoles go for on ebay. I'd have to save up for months to get one, and it's not like you can do that on ebay :( xx

geralds
11-14-2012, 10:27 PM
I know that feeling i happens to me with ps3s freeking Japan and there ps3 bs lol. Lol you would be amazed at home many 360 limited console they have made there no way you could ever afford them all I think there more limited edition 360s then any other console made.

vhal_x
11-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I'm just too poor for all this hardcore collecting :rotf: xx

geralds
11-14-2012, 10:35 PM
like 50% of the Limited system you are never going to find there all 1 of a kind.

OniRyo
11-14-2012, 11:03 PM
I would say some what luck based but unless you are a subscriber for the full 10 years then you have 0 chance of getting 1 period so i guess lucked based on the people who were full time subscribers for all 10 years. Just doesnt seem worth it to me you relise how many xboxs they cought have bought in that amount of time. Meh i guess im just never going to see the appeal of xbox live when i get same service free on ps3 basiclly.

Luck based indeed(i guess) if you were a subscriber for 10 years, probably the beta testers before Xbox Live came out will have a higher chance though, but i got to say it's quite nice from Microsoft doing this kind of thing, they also did it when Xbox Live existed for 5 years giving people free microsoft points who were that long subscriber.

geralds
11-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Luck based indeed(i guess) if you were a subscriber for 10 years, probably the beta testers before Xbox Live came out will have a higher chance though, but i got to say it's quite nice from Microsoft doing this kind of thing, they also did it when Xbox Live existed for 5 years giving people free microsoft points who were that long subscriber.

I find it silly my self the little reward you get is nothing compared to the ammount of money you have payed them when compating servaces give you the same thing for cheap price called free. Unless they can sell there xbox for like $6000 on ebay they wont get what they payed in xbox live fees over the the last 10 years back anyway.

SwiftDeath
11-14-2012, 11:27 PM
I find it silly my self the little reward you get is nothing compared to the ammount of money you have payed them when compating servaces give you the same thing for cheap price called free. Unless they can sell there xbox for like $6000 on ebay they wont get what they payed in xbox live fees over the the last 10 years back anyway.

I agree for the most part, especially if you consider that there are hardcore xbox gamers who buy xbox live a month at a time through the system itself which is like 14.99 a month whereas you can get a 12 month subscription for 35 or so if you're patient and buy the actual cards.

I've known of people who have done the above for years :facepalm:

Xbox live = microsoft gold mine

Twisted
11-15-2012, 04:22 AM
what if your awarded one of these..and u throw it on ebay..and it goes for 1,000 or 2,000 thousand dollars?..then you just got all your money back for your subscription..plus your money back for your original console..so you could make out really good with this gift..i think it's somewhat plain looking..would of liked to have seen more colors..more vivid concepts on it...like a wow factor..it looks like a thrifty console version.lol..

SwiftDeath
11-15-2012, 04:36 AM
what if your awarded one of these..and u throw it on ebay..and it goes for 1,000 or 2,000 thousand dollars?..then you just got all your money back for your subscription..plus your money back for your original console..so you could make out really good with this gift..i think it's somewhat plain looking..would of liked to have seen more colors..more vivid concepts on it...like a wow factor..it looks like a thrifty console version.lol..

Like I said it depends how bright a person you are as to if this would actually even cover your subscription costs for all those years.

@ 35 a year -> 35 x 10 = 350 spent on xbox live gold for 10 years

@ 15 a month -> 15 x 12 x 10 = 1800 spent on xbox live gold for 10 years

Granted you do get to play online when you have a subscription but wait don't we PS3 owners get that for free....

geralds
11-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Like I said it depends how bright a person you are as to if this would actually even cover your subscription costs for all those years.

@ 35 a year -> 35 x 10 = 350 spent on xbox live gold for 10 years

@ 15 a month -> 15 x 12 x 10 = 1800 spent on xbox live gold for 10 years

Granted you do get to play online when you have a subscription but wait don't we PS3 owners get that for free....

Lol yes we do but at least our payable service you get 12 free games a month granted you do not keep them if you stop subscribing but it pays out if you the kinda person who isn't all about owning ever game just want to play a game once and never play it again kinda person. With Xbox what do you get access to all these feature you can't even use without paying extra money on top of you live sub which is plain silly if you ask me.

Biggav4000
11-15-2012, 06:18 PM
I know that feeling i happens to me with ps3s freeking Japan and there ps3 bs lol. Lol you would be amazed at home many 360 limited console they have made there no way you could ever afford them all I think there more limited edition 360s then any other console made.
Geralds,I intend to give it a go and see how many limited edition 360s i can obtain over the next 10 years i have 50 plus already

geralds
11-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Heres what people in Uk get for the 10th anniversary of xbox live a free download for Wreckateer wow that is that is just sad if you ask me.

Cosmic_Link
11-15-2012, 07:40 PM
That's what everybody gets, not just the people who have had 10 years of live! XD

I still reckon that people who qualify for the 10yrs thing will get a console in the UK.

NaughtyDogJames
11-15-2012, 08:01 PM
See when a console is a one off I sort of think then it only classes as a custom rather than an edition. I'm sure most of you will disagree though.

MoonTar
11-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Geralds,I intend to give it a go and see how many limited edition 360s i can obtain over the next 10 years i have 50 plus already

Dang, I didn't realize you had that many. I don't think I even have room for that many. Haha. If I get a chance though, I will definitely make room for the 10 year anniversary console.

I also saw today MS is giving one away through a Xbox Live sweepstakes.

NaughtyDogJames
11-15-2012, 09:50 PM
SwiftDeath I swear it's ?15 per 3 months not each month.

MortalMonday
11-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Well I think I'm in the running for one of these consoles. MS just sent me a message on Xbox Live telling me I'm one of its "elite" members, lol. They gave me a code for an avatar helmet commemorating the 10 year anniversary too. Cross your fingers for me guys!

NaughtyDogJames
11-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Hope you win one Mortal :)

MortalMonday
11-15-2012, 11:47 PM
Thanks! I ain't holding my breath though, lol.

Saturn
11-16-2012, 12:46 AM
Good luck!

If you win I want a free cookie.

SwiftDeath
11-16-2012, 01:11 AM
SwiftDeath I swear it's ?15 per 3 months not each month.

I was talking in USD. But you're still right that buying in 3 month intervals is better value than a month at a time.

I was simply comparing the worst possible payment method for xbox live with the best possible method.

In the states, I'm pretty sure it's 14.99 USD a month if you buy it by the month, it's been a while since I've looked

NaughtyDogJames
11-18-2012, 05:02 PM
I don't have an Xbox but being 15 USD every three months would then match PS+.

Twisted
11-18-2012, 06:36 PM
i hope to see some winners from this board!...just curious Gavin,.once the next gen rolls out..will you still exclusively focus on collecting the 360?..or will you also collect the next Xbox if they come in exclusive designs and colors?

Biggav4000
11-18-2012, 08:37 PM
i hope to see some winners from this board!...just curious Gavin,.once the next gen rolls out..will you still exclusively focus on collecting the 360?..or will you also collect the next Xbox if they come in exclusive designs and colors?
Main focus will be xbox 360 ,but i will proberly collect for both if i can afford too