PDA

View Full Version : PS3 is this PS4 information authentic?

Twisted
11-18-2012, 02:38 AM
PS4 will most likely be named PlayStation Orbis.
Utilizes AMD's A10 APU series
Goal for PS4 is to achieve 1080p 60FPS games in 3D with no problem while maintaining an affordable price point.
Dev kits have 8GB to 16GB of ram.
256GB HD or possibly SSD standard with Blu-ray drive.
Orbis's input/output are the same as PS3. Wifi, HDMI, etc...
Orbis will always be in standby mode to receive background system/game updates.
Official announcement to be done before E3.
Sony ditching Cell means Orbis will most likely not be backwards compatible without hardware or software emulation.

Madigan
11-18-2012, 02:50 AM
My crystal ball says no.

rapister
11-19-2012, 03:02 AM
My crystal ball says no.

LOL ....

Matrix6
11-19-2012, 05:07 AM
It's now an old rumour that went viral back in March/April (pre-E3 obviously).
The specs sounded a little high-end in some respects and also underwhelming at the same time with some parts.

Letrico
11-19-2012, 06:35 AM
PS4 will most likely be named PlayStation Orbis.
Very likely. It seems like they are trying to make the new start of console. Such as the rumours of next Xbox being called Xbox instead of 720 or any number. Probably the same move that Apple took for the iPad.

Utilizes AMD's A10 APU series
Pure rumour, AMD A10 is horrible.

Goal for PS4 is to achieve 1080p 60FPS games in 3D with no problem while maintaining an affordable price point.
In terms of processing power, it will most likely not run on 1080p at 60fps 3D mode. Most likely 1080p 60fps normal mode and 30fps on 3D mode realistically speaking. For a PC to actually run games on 1080p and 60fps on 3D mode need a graphic card that will cost $600-1000.

But I heard they will be making it running on 1440p. Most likely 1440p at 30fps and 1080p at 60fps? IDK how good it can get but I doubt they could achieve that.

Dev kits have 8GB to 16GB of ram.
Very possible if they want to make it native 1080p. Need at least 8GB ram for the textures.

256GB HD or possibly SSD standard with Blu-ray drive.

256gb of SSD is not possible. That would cost half the price of the console already. It will most likely follow the latest revision of console trend, one with small capacity probably around 12gb and another one will probably be 500gb.

Orbis's input/output are the same as PS3. Wifi, HDMI, etc...
Almost 99%. Nothing they can add except thunderbolt. But who cares about thunderbolt?

Orbis will always be in standby mode to receive background system/game updates.
PS+ :)

Official announcement to be done before E3.
They will most probably announce together with next xbox. The late announcement of PS3 cost them too much loss.

Sony ditching Cell means Orbis will most likely not be backwards compatible without hardware or software emulation.
Already ditched by PS3 and I don't see any point they want to give backwards compatibility for us when most ps hacks come with backwards compatibility abuse.

Conclusion: Don't expect too much from next gen console lol. Eventually affordable PC will overrun console pretty soon.