PDA

View Full Version : Wii Mini Exclusive to Canada

jugolicious
11-27-2012, 02:26 PM
http://www.nintendo.com/images/wiimini/home/promo.jpg

At only $99.99, but no Internet capabilities and does not play Nintendo GameCube games.

I think it is a little weird that it is exclusive to Canada out of all places =)

biscuitnoir
11-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Pre-order from Best Buy Canada: here (http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Visit-the-Plug-in-Blog/Nintendo-Wii-Mini-Ready-to-Launch-December-7th-for-99-99/ba-p/53938)

MoonTar
11-27-2012, 04:45 PM
I wonder why only Canada gets this? Maybe because of the color?

Juma
11-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Maybe it's the only country that people still buy a Wii lol.

SwiftDeath
11-27-2012, 06:16 PM
I honestly think that it's even stranger if Nintendo thinks anyone but console collectors will buy it at all.

100 bucks for a wii with no internet and without the ability to play GC games when you can get a new wii bundle for 130 from various stores.

Can get a used wii even cheaper still

Nintendo Canada must have some screws loose

I mean what scenario is this a good purchase?

Cosmic_Link
11-27-2012, 06:27 PM
I'll import one for $50 after Christmas! :P

SwiftDeath
11-27-2012, 06:32 PM

Lol so true

Platfus
11-27-2012, 08:44 PM
But it looks nice from above :D

Sent from my P350 Cyanogenmod 7 using Tapatalk

Twisted
11-27-2012, 09:01 PM
i seriously doubt it is only canada exclusive..it will most likely roll out in other territories in 2013 including the US...it's an attractive price point and most retailers are not gonna be carrying the larger wii boxes when space is at a premium and they want to stock wii u so this will come in a smaller footprint and a smaller box so stores can be enticed to carry the product...maybe the first run or two is going to be routed to canada as original wii production winds down and that stock probably will be sent down to the US and then once that clears out they will roll out this version in the US at least..it makes no sense to have a higher cost wii on market and have 2 separate factory lines when they need to build as many wii u's as possible..this will be the version everyone gets in the next 6 months i think.

NaughtyDogJames
11-27-2012, 09:45 PM
I'd buy one. It's so good looking.

geralds
11-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Lol not bad if you ask me to bad i dont play my wii ever still may get one though lol.

Derrtygotgame
11-28-2012, 01:10 AM
this would literally sit brand new in the box forever for me, because I have a wii my kids play .. I would never take it out or use it.
I like the fact it looks kind of retro with a top loading flip tray, but I am with the others I might try to get a steal of a deal for it after christmas, but not going to go way out of my way for it

Twisted
11-28-2012, 03:46 AM
i would actually like to have one too..but you can expect it to trickle down to the US in the near future and other places as well..once wii u starts rolling since wii u is backwards compatible and all..this one will be bargain priced...i would pay around US $75 max as a novelty item to collect.

scourdx
12-01-2012, 01:25 AM
NES top loader and SNES version 2 came out at the last leg of it's release. So far both are quite sought after. I am not sure why Nintendo of America wouldn't release this in USA. I got $20 coupon from Best Buy and maybe I can get it this Christmas. :D

kittychloe
12-01-2012, 02:19 AM

wanna get me one too?

scourdx
12-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Unboxing video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhNAvBMi-FM)

Cosmic_Link
12-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Seems pretty pointless to me... >.<

aselwyn1
12-23-2012, 02:19 AM
If any one want one I can export

Cosmic_Link
12-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Nintendo did this in 2005 and it was a bad idea then too... -_- How many people here bought a Gameboy Micro when they launched? I grabbed a silver one off ebay new for about ?30 less than 6 months after it launched... -_- Whoever decided it would be a good idea to release a slimmed down, last Gen console after you have just launched your new console, needs to be sacked... >.< I wouldn't mind, but it's not even that much smaller! >.<

Who, besides collector's, are going to buy this in all seriousness? -_-

scourdx
12-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Nintendo did this in 2005 and it was a bad idea then too... -_- How many people here bought a Gameboy Micro when they launched? I grabbed a silver one off ebay new for about ?30 less than 6 months after it launched... -_- Whoever decided it would be a good idea to release a slimmed down, last Gen console after you have just launched your new console, needs to be sacked... >.< I wouldn't mind, but it's not even that much smaller! >.<

I bought one after they went down in price. Then nintendo release the famicom version later. I like micro a lot. It is such a small device. Too bad it came out when ds was dominating the sales.

Clusks
02-23-2013, 02:38 PM

Never actually knew the Micro existed until reading this! They look quite sleek. Looks like the Famicom version is the most valuable (that is somewhat easy to obtain, I did find a Final Fantasy edition that goes for ?250!). I'm guessing this price is a bit extortionate for it though?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Micro-Special-20th-Anniversary-Edition-Red-Famicom-boxed-/290867207527?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_Vi deoGameConsoles&hash=item43b9095d67

HIPPEEDUDE
02-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Never actually knew the Micro existed until reading this! They look quite sleek. Looks like the Famicom version is the most valuable (that is somewhat easy to obtain, I did find a Final Fantasy edition that goes for ?250!). I'm guessing this price is a bit extortionate for it though?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Micro-Special-20th-Anniversary-Edition-Red-Famicom-boxed-/290867207527?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_Vi deoGameConsoles&hash=item43b9095d67

$250 seems to be the average,give or take going by ebay prices. If you really want one i have two sitting her with about 20-30 games i was thinking of selling.
Mini Wii just seems like a way to offload leftovers from the last console

Clusks
02-23-2013, 04:06 PM

$250 seems to be the average,give or take going by ebay prices. If you really want one i have two sitting her with about 20-30 games i was thinking of selling.
Mini Wii just seems like a way to offload leftovers from the last console

Hmmm, I may be interested! :)

Just wondering, are the Super Famicom versions Japanese only? Not entirely clued up whether or not they game region locked!

Cosmic_Link
02-23-2013, 09:07 PM
There were 2 different versions of the Famicom Micro. One came in a larger box which I beleive was for Nintendo World in New York and the other was a small box, like the one in that eBay listing which was the Japan version.

If I remember rightly, that Jap version had the Mario 20th anniversary logo on the back of it.

The Gameboy Micro is a sleek console. :D They're not region locked either, incase you was worried about importing one. DS consoles and GBA consoles never had any region locking on. They only started that crap with handhelds when the 3DS came out and their apparent reasoning behind it was mainly due to DLC compatibility across different regions games being used on different region consoles.

rapidly-greying
02-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Lets be honest here, Canada is really just a third world country but with running water,electricity and cars :-)

Only a backwards country or a collector is going to want one of these .
:-)

Twisted
02-26-2013, 05:50 AM
i am reading on-line that the wii mini will be soon introduced into europe (pal) territories in the upcoming months so this is most likely no longer canada exclusive...it makes sense, some of the eastern european countries could benefit from a lower cost console, meaning increased sales for nintendo.

Clusks
02-26-2013, 12:31 PM
i am reading on-line that the wii mini will be soon introduced into europe (pal) territories in the upcoming months so this is most likely no longer canada exclusive...it makes sense, some of the eastern european countries could benefit from a lower cost console, meaning increased sales for nintendo.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/393280/wii-mini-hits-the-uk-on-march-22/

22nd March in the UK!

I have no clue what Nintendo are doing. I might get one, but I'm not sure it's worth it. That Fire Emblem 3DS looks so much more appealing for a collector.

Cosmic_Link
02-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Hmmm... Wonder what the UK price tag will be... -_- Based on everything that gets a release in the UK, they'll just change the dollar sign to a pound sign and charge us 100GBP for the unit! >.<

If it lands at 60GBP~ I might grab one.

Clusks
02-26-2013, 07:23 PM
Hmmm... Wonder what the UK price tag will be... -_- Based on everything that gets a release in the UK, they'll just change the dollar sign to a pound sign and charge us 100GBP for the unit! >.<

If it lands at 60GBP~ I might grab one.

See, I want a Wii so I can play Xenoblades, the last story and other Wii games I never got a chance too, but I'm a bit torn. I don't know whether to get a Wii U or buy a Wii version that could be considered somewhat of a collectors.

Had a chance not too long ago to get the 25th anniversary Mario edition with 4 games in excellent condition for about ?90 but didn't bid high enough. Regretting it a bit now :facepalm:

Cosmic_Link
02-26-2013, 11:18 PM
See, I want a Wii so I can play Xenoblades, the last story and other Wii games I never got a chance too, but I'm a bit torn. I don't know whether to get a Wii U or buy a Wii version that could be considered somewhat of a collectors.

Had a chance not too long ago to get the 25th anniversary Mario edition with 4 games in excellent condition for about ?90 but didn't bid high enough. Regretting it a bit now :facepalm:

Given the choice between the 2 I would go for the Wii U over the Wii mini. Atleast then you will already have the option to play any of the newer titles that you may fancy for the Wii U. The Wii mini is pretty much obsolete already, so makes more sense to get the newer hardware. The only people who would get the Wii mini, are collectors and people who need to replace a currently knackered console which children use and don't want to purchase the newer hardware.

Clusks
02-27-2013, 12:45 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/393490/wii-mini-price-uk-retailers-start-at-pound80/

?80 for it, which is a bit rubbish. Put me off getting one.

Aye, I might wait for the Monster Hunter edition of the Wii U so I can get one!

Sylfaris
02-27-2013, 01:02 PM
22 15 March in Germany, too. :rant:

expected cost: 100€

Source: http://www.golem.de/news/nintendo-spielekonsole-wii-mini-kommt-nach-deutschland-1302-97844.html (german side)

rapidly-greying
03-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Think I saw it on gameseek.co.UK for 80quid.

If I had the disposable cash and the room, I would buy it just to display it as it does look nice.

No online features or Gamecube play make it redundant in my eyes.

Cosmic_Link
03-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Just had GAME UK Newsletter drop in my inbox and they're now taking pre-orders for the Wii Mini at 79.99GBP as somebody said before.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/wii-mini-202386?

Drop 20 quid off the price and I'll have one. :D

rapister
03-05-2013, 02:16 AM
wow thats cheap

Twisted
03-05-2013, 06:29 AM
i see the collector desireability get knocked down quite a bit..when it was first announced as canada exclusive only..that did seem to ring rarity and obscurity to it..and i would feel would be sought after amongst game collectors down the road..now that it's being made for all over the world..i bet the US is next..it's just another run of the mill discount special.