PDA

View Full Version : Brand new grades gameboy color

Skinnybandit
12-03-2012, 03:34 AM
Hi all I'm new to this site. I just got back my gameboy color which I sent off to be graded by VGA it got a score of 85, is this a good rating for it, also how much do you guys think its worth. Thanks for all your help.

kittychloe
12-03-2012, 04:58 AM
well i got mine boxed for $5 so its hard to say

anywhere from 45 - 200+ depending on the version.. if you just have a first generation color or the crystal versions your looking at around 45 - 80, pokemon or rarer about the $200ish mark

vhal_x
12-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Yeah, I got a mint Pok?mon GBC boxed for like 20 GBP (and that included a few games, aswell as a GBA and a link cable + shipping fees)

So, it's hard to judge price really, as sometimes they go for next to nothing haha xx

kittychloe
12-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I got a mint Pok?mon GBC boxed for like 20 GBP (and that included a few games, aswell as a GBA and a link cable + shipping fees)

So, it's hard to judge price really, as sometimes they go for next to nothing haha xx

I see alot of good deals like that on us and uk ebay.. But the postage they want is double what i would win it for

Skinnybandit
12-03-2012, 04:17 PM
this gameboy i have is brand new in the box, never been open. my friend sold one on ebay for $200.00 and that one wasnt graded mine is. I think its worth a little more then.

kittychloe
12-03-2012, 08:14 PM
You can try your luck but i think you will un up dissapointed, the only sealed gameboys i have ever seen hit $200 were the original grey and a man u one a few years back, vga doesnt mean as much as you would think, as vga collectors are rarer than sealed ones

Who knows maybe you will be one of the lucky ones on ebay, but currently none of the sealed gameboy color asking 240 on ebay have sold, a sealed gba sold for 191 recently and 2 gameboy micro famicoms sold for 180 and 250.

Twisted
12-05-2012, 04:48 AM
VGA Grading would work in your favor if it were an uber rare piece or a sealed one was not readily available..if for example a sealed one is let's say $150 and a graded one is $300..why not buy the $150 one, and then send it in to be graded?..you would still save a big chunk of change.