View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 05:48 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States
Default Re: Next gen xbox to offer all digital console option?

in the next year or two..it might be the end of me collecting games..according to some more rumored "leaks" when the next generation of Microsoft XBOX systems release..the games are essentially going to be "INSTALL DISCS" and Microsoft will heavily rely on streaming and cloud gaming style formats so games can get a constant stream of proper patches, and drip content style DLC and additional content, to EXPAND the life of the game so Microsoft can make additional revenues..so i guess i will just focus more on Nintendo switch collecting..even though Nintendo is already experimenting with that in JAPAN where, they sell EMPTY switch cases with download codes inside the case..for MANY 1st party games already as an alternative to cart based games for the same price...how do you guys feel about the rumored Microsoft move of games being more akin to PC game like "install discs" .."just so consumers have something to buy in stores" apparently according to the rumors i've been reading on news sites, that was a compromised made by some big retailers..they wanted some kind of "tangible object" on shelves..so instead of games,..we will get digital codes on install discs from Microsoft allegedly..take these rumors with a grain of salt..just passing along what i've read on website newsletters dedicated to gaming.