Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Introductions and Show-Off

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2013, 09:16 AM

Boinkzoink's Flag is: Singapore Singapore
Default Alden's Zoo of Chaos!

Hello!

My name is Alden, and I am from Singapore. I love to collect things that I can afford, and I also happen to be bad at introductions, so please bear with me through my incessant exposition-heavy speech.

I stumbled upon this forum while "googling" Bioshock Infinite a while ago, and like a ghost, i have been haunting this site ever since. I doubt i will ever need another replacement website for my gaming needs, coz this place is really THAT good! Heck, even refreshing this website on my browser is becoming an addiction. Kudos to everyone here for your hard work at sharing the latest gaming news, as well as your passion for spending lavishly on your... passion!

Now, a little more about me.

I grew up being a Final Fantasy VII fan. But I was young, so the stuff i could afford back then was probably only the pirated game for my PC. I remember that the graphics turned out so warped, I couldn't complete the game because I couldn't see the exit out of the Slums. Literally.

Eventually though, when I started working I was able to spend more on the franchises that I grew to love; Spiderman, Bioshock, FF7, Prometheus etc.. I also collect some Boardgames, and original Posters or Blu-rays of movies that i really enjoy. Personal favorite movie of all time? Absolutely Donnie Darko! That twisted ending!

(Update on 23 July 2013!)

Click on the following links to access my entire collections:

- Bioshock Collection

- Spider-man Collection

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Without further ado, here are some pictures of my collection. (More to come!)

< Bioshock Series >

To be honest, My Bioshock collection only truly "blossomed" about a month ago. Heck, I had to order the Songbird edition through ebay because I missed out on the pre-orders, worrying that the statue wasn't going to be worth it.

When the game was finally released in Singapore, virtually every local store here was out of the Songbird editions, citing that stocks have been taken. So I ended up getting a Premium Edition first, just to tide over.

Most of the stuff that you will see below were bought through Ebay ("OMG YOU ARE CHARGING THAT FOR SHIPPING??) over the past month, except for my Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition and Bioshock PS3 console edition. Haha.. my savings account is currently drowning in blood, and barely alive after being "Bioshock-ed".

1. Bioshock Infinite Songbird Edition, Premium Edition, with the Futureshop and "Fink" Steelbooks:

2. Sealed Bioshock Collector's Edition and Steelbook:

3. Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition and Bioshock 1 (Console edition):

4. Artbooks and Special Edition guidebooks for Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite:

5. Autographed Mind in Revolt book (#04/15) with Certificate of Authencity:

6. Bioshock Masquerade and Steinman Lithographs, with Buckin Bronco Screenprint Poster (#105/300):

7. Bioshock Infinite Skyhook Replica with Limited Columbia Concept Statue (#03/1000):

8. Bioshock action figures:

9. Bioshock Infinite Fink Theater Lithograph (#283/500): * Newly Added!

Even though my Bioshock collection is relatively puny when compared to the legends in this forum, I feel super satisfied with it nonetheless. I will definitely be adding more stuff once my savings account has stopped bleeding.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Next up: My Spider-man collection! But they are mostly figurines if you guys don't mind, coz this is a gaming website after all..

Thank you for surviving Alden's Zoo of Chaos!

Last edited by Boinkzoink; 07-23-2013 at 10:05 AM.