Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > CE Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2011, 12:07 PM

CaptainJackHarknes's Flag is: United States
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Here's the deal I signed up for: I myself got this collectors edition for $60.

Yes that's right $60. I ordered a PC version of Skyrim (boxed) for 59.99...and somehow shipper messed up and gave me 2 PC copies and then on top of this charged my card a 3rd time (59.99 x 3) for 179.97. It has been 2 weeks since I called them and they reversed all the charges, and it has been 2 weeks solid that I received 2 PC copies without sending it back (i told them as well). With this...I sold the PC copies (after I played them) 59.99 each and essentially..realistically paid only the $60 + 5 tax for a collectors edition (even though my receipt says $155.90)

My question is this...I personally never opened the box. It has only been a few days since I picked it up and 1 month from release. Gears 3 only dropped after 3 months to reasonable prices, but now no retailer has them and its skyrocketed in value....

Should I RETURN the $149.99 Collector's Edition unopened and WAIT for a price drop. Even if I wait....will I have high chances of even GETTING the deal? I mean it's crazy how much prices drop (Killzone 3 Helghast, Infamous 2) and how deadly quick the bundles go...

Any expert advice from all Collectors Edition members would be appreciated. Am I overthinking this?