Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Video Game Collecting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2012, 02:16 AM

winds's Flag is: Canada
Default Pier Solar Dreamcast and PC HD Collectors Editions

Hey guys,
I figure some of you guys may be interested in this one. For those that don't know Pier Solar is a new RPG released on the Sega Genesis/Mega-Drive by an indie dev team called WaterMelon. They spent I think something like 8 years developing it? And released it about 2 years ago to great acclaim. I was one of their original customers who bought pre-ordered the first edition released and can say their production values for both the packaging and the game are nothing short of amazing. Those editions are pretty rare now and can fetch prices on ebay in the realm of $500.

Anyways, fans of the game have been crying for rereleases on HD platforms and the dev team has been listening. They just made a kickstarter page in support of the HD development for PC, Linux, and Mac as well as Sega Dreamcast platforms. One day and they've already received over $30, 000 so this looks like it has a great chance of meeting it's quota and getting backed. There are quite a few limited edition pledges to chose from so i'm sure if you guys are at all interested in this development then you'll find something to pledge for. The collectors editions are limited (PC ed. to 250 and Dreamcast ed. to 750) so don't say you weren't warned!

Anyways, here's the kickstarter page:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-mac-linux-and

Cheers guys!