Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Introductions and Show-Off

Old 07-01-2016, 04:25 AM

KnightOfTruth's Flag is: United States
Default Re: LE, SE, CE collector mainly for 7th generation games

Definitely drooling over that Weta Cortana statue! It's amazing!
Hey all, things have really heated up lately and I'm not as available as I used to be. If I have something of yours, its still safe and sound, and I'll be looking to ship it ASAP before the next move. If you have things of mine, PLEASE PM me what I owe you and I'll send payment right away, thanks for your patience!

My Collection (WIP)
My Want List

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkhor86 View Post
That's the Truth, from the Knight of Truth
Old 07-01-2016, 04:37 AM

xhunter's Flag is: United States Maine

How's the quality of the Big Daddy statue?
Old 07-01-2016, 07:10 AM

Deathhound's Flag is: Germany Rapture

Great Update! Love the BioShock figures especially. And I've got the same question as xHunter, I'm still not sure if I really should buy that figure for that much, hah.

"A man chooses. A slave obeys."
Old 07-01-2016, 03:26 PM

g6t9ed's Flag is: United States Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0329liuken View Post
Awesome update! Love those bioshock figures and statues!

Btw the halo item arrived, we need to go out for lunch or dinner again soon
Thank you, sir. Always a pleasure to hear that. Yeah, we do need to catch up again soon. But not because you got me something, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfTruth View Post
Definitely drooling over that Weta Cortana statue! It's amazing!
I know, right! GF is definitely happy that collection is done. Hopefully my money won't be leaving me that quickly from here on out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunter View Post
How's the quality of the Big Daddy statue?
Personal opinion, get it if you're trying to collect specifically for Bioshock. It is pretty massive, but not God of War massive that Flatout reviewed; probably more Lord of Cinder territory. Quality is really good.

To start, the box is pretty big and there is nothing separating the statue box and the shipping box except for a sheet of cardboard on top for what I assume is so you don't cut into the actual box when you cut the tape. So, expect to see box damage. Inside is nothing but Styrofoam. Lots of it. There are two sections, top for the accessories and the little sisters and the bottom for the base and Big Daddy.

Mine did arrive with some damage. One of the Big Daddy's boot buckle broke and one of the wing nuts by his head broke. Now, I don't know if it was due to shipping or when we took it out but I will say that we were careful in handling the pieces. I do want to reserve judgement until GH releases theirs and compare it but right now, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I've enjoyed all of Irrational's past statues and they did not compromise on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathhound View Post
Great Update! Love the BioShock figures especially. And I've got the same question as xHunter, I'm still not sure if I really should buy that figure for that much, hah.
If you want, I can post different angle shots and close-ups if my brief review above is not satisfactory.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:23 PM

Joel Nigma's Flag is: United States Somewhere in the East

I didn't even know they made a Cortana Statue. It's mainly just Master Chief statues or figures.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Nigma View Post
I didn't even know they made a Cortana Statue. It's mainly just Master Chief statues or figures.
Yeah, I agree. Part of the reason why I love the WETA statues. They know how to add more than just the protagonist and create such detailed work and creativity.

I have seen pictures and I know they did an eBay auction of the Silver version but for the life of me, I can't find anyone who has the MC and Grunt statue that WETA possibly made. Hopefully, I can find some information on it one day.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:50 PM

sonicpro's Flag is: Belgium riemst

i really really really envy u!!!! ..... but major respect man ... really! very very nice collection!
Old 07-20-2016, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpro View Post
i really really really envy u!!!! ..... but major respect man ... really! very very nice collection!
Ha ha, thank you! It's very good to hear people's appreciation. Glad to know it's worth showing off, lol. I try not to inundate people with too many updates so I hope bi-monthly is the right amount. If you can't already tell, I like my gaming statues. Do you have anything in particular i.e. IP, theme, or console you collect for?
Old 07-21-2016, 04:37 AM

Joel Nigma's Flag is: United States Somewhere in the East

I noticed you have a Gamestop store sign hanging above your display shelf. Did you used to work for Gamestop? I am just wondering how you got in possession of the sign?
Old 07-21-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Nigma View Post
I noticed you have a Gamestop store sign hanging above your display shelf. Did you used to work for Gamestop? I am just wondering how you got in possession of the sign?
Ha ha, yeah, I remember first introducing myself and it had been mentioned. I actually did for a short period here recently work for them but as a seasonal to help out a friend. My friend actually manages a Gamestop and has been for quite a while. Of course during my period of collecting any variant edition during the 7th generation, I got to know the guys that worked at this particular store. So, long story short, the place was up for a remodel and corporate decided they didn't want their stores having the Gamestop logo behind their cash wrap. Why, you ask? From what I gathered is it was great real estate to advertise upcoming games and they felt like it was wasting space. Anyway, me, being one of the most valuable customers at this store and being good friends with the crew, got offered if I wanted to take this home. I couldn't decline as I knew not that many people had one of these. I've always wanted one of those 'World of Nintendo' or 'Playstation' signs but I figured since I bought over 90% of my games from Gamestop, I could just lump them all under the sign as it was more encompassing rather than segregating with the individual brands. Seemed like a win-win. Every now and again, as you can see from some of my updates, I would also receive some of the promotional items the manager didn't want or knew I cared about certain IPs.

I hope that answers your question, lol.