Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Video Game Collecting

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Staff Member

jugolicious's Flag is: Canada
Default Re: Official CEo Poll - 2011 Collector's Edition Awards Nominations

Yes, have I tempt you Matrix? =)

Come on, I know you want to post one haha.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:10 AM

vhal_x's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland.

Ooh Haze tin wish me luck guys And good luck to everyone xx

Instagram/CollectingAsylum/Twitter
Old 02-12-2012, 01:52 PM

questate's Flag is: UK Chelsea, London

1. Collector's Edition of the Year: Uncharted 3 Explorer Edition
(The Best)

2. Most likely to appreciate in value: Uncharted 3 Explorer Edition

(was a tie with Dead Island treasure edition, but Uncharted Explorer made it due to the brand value associated with the franchise)

3. Best CE for a New Franchise: Dead Island Treasure Edition
(By far the most popular in this catagory, hope the franchise blosoms)

4. Best Box Art: Assassins Creed Revelations Animus Edition
(was a tie again with Infamous 2 Hero Edition, but the Animus Edition is interesting and more unique)

5. Best Bonus Item: Yakuza 4 Kuro Edition: Ichiban Box Pre-order Bonus
(best by far)

6. Best Unboxing Experience: Uncharted 3 Explorer Edition
(My Uncharted bias here )

7. Most Unique Package Design: Sniper Ghost Warrior Survivor Edition
(was a tie again with Animus Edition, its already got my Best Box Art vote)

8. Most Unique Bonus Item: Yakuza 4 Kuro Edition: Ichiban Box Pre-order Bonus
(I believe this one have an overwhelming majority votes here, but it was indeed one of the most unique I have seel till date)

9. Best CE guide: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim CE Guide
(very comprehensive and truly limited edition)

10. Best CE system: Zelda 25th Anniversary 3DS

(The very reason I got a 3DS)

You see Jugo, I have nominated a lot for Uncharted 3. Knowing our mutual admiration for Uncharted, can I get the prize

Last edited by questate; 02-14-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 02-12-2012, 02:57 PM
CE.o News Team

Ayiu's Flag is: Europe Europe

This took me some time but you all know if it comes to studying everything else is more fun

Being a Xbox 360 only collector it’s hard to fill out all the points but I also know there were some great PS3 and Wii Editions too.

1. Collector's Edition of the year

Sonic Generations CE. It has everything a collector desires:

Something numbered, a figure, an art book, the game itself with a special packaging. Everything comes in this neat fancy box for a reasonable price.

2. Most likely to appreciate in value

A definitely vote for the Dead Island Treasure Box. The last one on ebay sold for around 600€. Only 266 of these were made so it’s just a matter of time until this will increase in value

3. Best CE for a New Franchise

Dead Island has nothing to do with Dead Rising (It was developed by Techland a polish video game developer) so this should count for the new franchise award: Dead Island Survival Kit (Gore Edition which was exclusive to Poland)

4. Best Box Art

This is a hard one….The Batman: Arkham City CE and all four Steelbooks were really nice.So let’s say Batman Arkham City

5. Best Bonus Item

The rainbow pig from the Monster Hunter Frontier Online Anniversary 2011 Premium pack I am still trying to convince my boyfriend that he buys me this edition. It’s so adorable!

6. Best Unboxing Experience

I am also a sealed collector but I watch a lot of unboxing vids. So I think this award goes to the Catherine Love is Over Deluxe Edition. I really like that they put the content in a pizza box and the boxer shorts were also nice. I really had to laugh when I saw the unboxing for the first time.

7. Most Unique Package Design

In this category I vote for the AC:R Collector’s Edition. The box is fancy and you really think that the developer thought about what they are doing and not just putting items in a random box. The opening mechanism is just great

8. Most Unique Bonus Item

Nothing real unique I can remember for one of the Xbox 360 releases…So I leave this blank (well, more or less ^^)

9. Best CE guide

Owning all guides from the AC franchise I will vote for the AC:R guide. It’s high quality made and looks awesome

10. Best CE system

My only PS3 related vote: When I first saw it I fell in love with it. The lovely: Ni no Kuni PlayStation 3 Magical Edition

Last edited by Ayiu; 02-12-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH

Here are my Votes:

1. Collector's Edition of the Year.
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Collector's Edition

IMO this Category should go to the game that hits on not one but ALL of the following points
-really great package design INSIDE AND OUT (this mean it's not just a box with stuff inside, but every piece of packing material is decorated and appropriate.
-really high quality packaging, no flimsy cardboard the crumples easily, no cheap shortcuts in the packaging
-really great bonus items, that fit well inside the package and are appropriate given the context of the game.

IMO Warhammer 40K hit all of those points, it might not have been the stand out game in each of those categories but it ranked high across the board.

2. Most likely to appreciate in value
Dead Island (Limited Treasure Edition)
-this one is simple The treasure box edition had low production and high desirability....

Catherine "Love is Over" Deluxe Edition
there were a few good contenders for this but I really loved this edition, the packaging was great, the pack-ins were great the box art was great, the price was good, another CE that was just fantastic across the board

4. Best Box Art
Catherine "Love is Over" Deluxe Edition
without a doubt this game had the cover art that more people were talking about than any other game. I also love that they produced different art for PS3 and Xbox 360 and the way that the cover art decision ties into the games story... PERFECT choice for this category.

5. Best Bonus Item
Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition - Tournament Edition Joystick
IMO this is the best built and designed arcade stick from this generation PERIOD, as a former arcade technition, I know a good arcade stick when I see one, HORI and Capcom can eat their heart out. I liked this stick so much I bought a second Tournament Edition just so I could have a matching set.

Two Worlds II Royal Edition
This one was tough, because IMO there weren't many good choices, but the Royal Edition had a pretty interesting package design with multiple layers and hidden compartments so I would say out of the games that came out last year, unboxing this edition was probably the most "fun"

7. Most Unique Package Design
Sniper Ghost Warrior (Survivor Edition)
- Using decommissioned ammo crates as your game box is just pure genius and really REALLY friggin cool and it's recycling so that's good too... all the windows and flaps and high quality cardboard can't make up for a simple rugged metal case.

8. Most Unique Bonus Item
Yakuza 4 Kuros Edition: Ichiban Box Pre-order Bonus
Really simple, to my knowledge no other CE has ever included any item like this before, it's really cool and really unique, and perfectly suitable for the game.

9./10.I'm not voting in these categories because I didn't pay close enough attention to them to have a valid opinion.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:09 AM

Feat's Flag is: Australia

1. Best overall CE - Resistance 3 survivor - Solid CE with lots of quality content
2. Most Sought After CE - Dead Island treasure - Very limited and filled with great content
3. Best CE for a New Franchise - Dead island treasure
4. Best Box Art for a CE - -
5. Best Included item (excludes peripherals) - Treasure chest with the explorer edition
6. Best Unboxing Experience - Resistance survivor edition
7. Most Innovative Package Design - Uncharted explorer edition
8. Highest Quality Packaging - Uncharted explorer
9. Best CE Strategy Guide - Skyward sword
10. Best CE Hardware Bundle (any hardware, not just consoles) - Gears 360
Old 02-14-2012, 10:20 AM

tonybsg's Flag is: Greece

1. Collector's Edition of the Year: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Explorer's Edition

2. Most likely to appreciate in value: Assassin's Creed Revelations: Animus Edition

3. Best CE for a New Franchise: Dead Island Treasure Edition

4. Best Box Art: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Collector's Edition

5. Best Bonus Item: Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia - Black Edition from Animus Edition

6. Best Unboxing Experience: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Explorer's Edition

7. Most Unique Package Design: Assassin's Creed Revelations: Animus Edition

8. Most Unique Bonus Item: Assassin's Creed Revelations: Animus Edition

9. Best CE guide: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

10. Best CE system: N/A

Old 02-15-2012, 12:45 AM

evilvort3x's Flag is: England

1 - Collector's Edition of the Year : Uncharted 3 Explorer Edition

I absolutely love this CE.. nearly did not order it but very glad i did. Made so well and the game itself is awesome. My CE of the year

2 - Most likely to appreciate in value : Uncharted 3 Explorer Edition

Considering i remember the preorders being sold out on GAME for this.. seems VERY limited so i would expect this to rise in value quite substantialy.

3 - Best CE for a New Franchise : Catherine

It is unique in every aspect and not what people expect, has great boxart and a good game..

4 - Best Box Art: Catherine

Different in every sense of the word excellent boxart!!!

5 - Best Bonus Item : Yakuza 4 Kuro Edition: Ichiban Box

Never seen anything like this as a preorder bonus usually just a Soundtrack or the usual but nothing this unique

6 - Best Unboxing Experience : Sonic Generations Collectors Edition

Awesome CE and great to see the well made Figure and Ring inside.

7 - Most Unique Package Design : Assassins Creed Revelations Collectors Edition

i like the way the top of the box actually opens out so you can take the game out. Unique to me anyway!!

8 - Most Unique Bonus Item : Yakuza 4 Kuro Edition: Ichiban Box

Again - Never seen anything like this as a bonus. Excellent Item!

9 - Best CE guide : Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim CE Guide

Massive guide , at 700 pages is a beast but is also a beauty to look at!

10 - Best CE system : Tales Of Xillia (PS3)

Visually Stunning - Very limited from what i am aware!

Jugolicious I do have admiration for uncharted but alot of good stuff from 2011 and some very good overall CE's
Old 02-20-2012, 06:12 AM

DarnFineCoffee's Flag is: United States

Before you read on:

The things that I really value in a CE are the following

1. Art: Whether it’s the box, case, or some kind of artbook. I always look for some sort of addition in the art department before purchasing a CE.
2. Music: There is nothing I like more than a nice soundtrack or a collection or songs from the game. I always want some sort of a soundtrack from a quality CE.
3. Something special: Something out of the oridinary... something I can put on display that really stands out.

1. Best overall CE
Hands down this goes to Catherine: Love is Over

Why?

First of all Catherine hits all 3 of my CE favorites

1. Art: We get a nice little artbook
2. Music: Comes with a really nice soundtrack
3. Something Special: This is where Catherine shines. This game comes with a pillow, boxer shorts, and a t-shirt. Imagine trying to pitch this CE to Atlus. “Hey guys, let’s have boxers and pillow case with the CE”. I’m completely amazed that someone had the balls to add in boxers and a pillow with the CE. It’s such a nice break from your normal box with some statue and art book. I absolutely love Catherine: Love is over regardless of price or rarity. One of the best features is that it wasn’t outrageously expensive at launch for all the items it came with.

2. Most Sought After CE

Dead Island Treasure - Only a small amount made, looks amazing and beautiful wood boxing. I can say with confidence that this item will probably reach Dead Space Ultra prices in the near future. If you own one of these.... congratulations, this is another CE that I can only dream about.

Catherine - Refer to 1.

4. Best Box Art for a CE

Deus Ex - The black on gold is stunning. I’m not a fan of the NA release version, but the PAL version with just Adams face in black and gold is just amazing. It’s also perfect size and just looks nice on my shelf.

5. Best Included item (excludes peripherals)

No. Contest. The rainbow piggy from Monster Hunter. Come on now.... IT’S A RAINBOW PIG.

Two Worlds 2: Royal Edition - I only say this because it was just plain old FUN unboxing this thing. My friend came over and we just laughed as we took it apart and reminisced about two worlds 1. (It was riddled with funny glitches and really terrible voice overs... we played it for weeks and made fun of it. We still enjoyed it though.)

7. Most Innovative Package Design

Sniper Ghost Warrior - The fact that this looks just like an ammo crate is just so cool within itself. It totally matches the theme on the game and one day I’ll get one. But we’ve never seen a package like this which is why I’m giving it this honor.

8. Highest Quality Packaging

Yakuza 4 Kuro Edition: Ichiban Box - I don’t own one my self, but from the pictures online it looks HUGE and solid.

9. Best CE Strategy Guide

Dark Souls - Dark Souls is by far my favorite game from 2011. This is coming from someone who must have spent 200+ hours playing pvp and doing speedruns of the game with a few friends. When the game first came out I rushed to get to SL 120 which was the pvp SL for Demon Souls. Without this guide I wouldn’t have been able to do some of the research I needed to stomp face in PVP. So while other guides might have had more content, this guide was nice... short and condense and to the point! The cover is also visually stunning, while other guides just used the cover art for their game, Dark Souls used a black knight (very iconic in DS) and made it hardcover.

10. Best CE Hardware Bundle (any hardware, not just consoles)

Is it okay if I say Marvel vs. Capcom 3 stick?

Honorable Mentions - Games that almost made the cut

Warhammer 40k
Batman Steelbooks - So many of them.... and they all look so nice!
Crysis 2 Nano Edition - That box is so big, how anyone can even take a picture of it is beyond me.
Sonic Generations - Too bad you can’t even find this thing
Infamous 2: Hero Edition
Killzone 3: Helghast - I actually have on of these, it’s really nice.... but it doesn't amaze me. Still, it deserves a mention.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by DarnFineCoffee; 02-20-2012 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 02-20-2012, 01:29 PM
DB Proprietor

ingmar1988's Flag is: Netherlands

1. Best overall CE: Uncharted 3 Explorer Edition, nice contents, good game and very limited.
2. Most Sought After CE: Although there might be some more obscure CE, my vote goes to the above Uncharted Explorer Edition
3. Best CE for a New Franchise:Since there are hardly any new franchises, my vote goes to Catherine
4. Best Box Art for a CE: Final Fantasy XIII-2 Crystal Edition, just love the white and minimalistic box-art as in FF tradition
5. Best Included item (excludes peripherals): This is a hard decission between, the AC encyclopedia, the skyrim artbook or the treasure chest from Uncharted, but because i love art so much, il go for the skyrim art book.
6. Best Unboxing Experience: Skyrim, i love unpacking that huge box
7. Most Innovative Package Design: I guess Sniper Ghost Warrior takes this, although i dont own it.
8. Highest Quality Packaging: Sonic Generations CE feels really nice, altough i keep mine sealed.
9. Best CE Strategy Guide: Final Fantasy XIII-2, not only were the contents very good and helpfull, it has some nice art and the cover has a really nice feel.
10. Best CE Hardware Bundle (any hardware, not just consoles): Zelda themed 3DS, it just looks beautiful, and zelda is awsome.
Closed Thread