Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Introductions and Show-Off

Old 10-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Staff Member

Biggav4000's Flag is: Wales NORTH WALES
Default Re: MoonTar's Intro and Xbox Collection =)

An awesome addition to your collection
which is the other 360 console you are looking for ? possibly the employee launch console.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:59 PM

MoonTar's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggav4000 View Post
An awesome addition to your collection
which is the other 360 console you are looking for ? possibly the employee launch console.
Thanks!

The other one would be the Batman Arkham City console, the employee one maybe if I can find one cheap, which I have several times but they are never complete, mostly missing the controller. Much like the original Xbox Launch console. People always be losing the controllers.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:43 AM

DBMB's Flag is: United States

Nice! That XBL10 console is a beauty! The prototype controllers are really neat as well.

Very impressive console collection, I don't think I've even seen half of those xbox's before now.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:50 AM

SwiftDeath's Flag is: United States Chicago, IL

Must admit I really dig the styling son that XBL10 years console

Couldn't have gone to a more deserving fan or collector

Congrats Moontar

January Update: Notebooks, Art, AC Items, Press Kits

Spoiler!

Old 11-03-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMB View Post
Nice! That XBL10 console is a beauty! The prototype controllers are really neat as well.

Very impressive console collection, I don't think I've even seen half of those xbox's before now.
Thanks! Love the look of the original Xbox, can't have enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftDeath View Post
Must admit I really dig the styling son that XBL10 years console

Couldn't have gone to a more deserving fan or collector

Congrats Moontar
I appreciate that and I will be taking very good care of it!
Old 01-07-2014, 10:21 PM

cksubs's Flag is: United States

Hello, sorry to thread-jack.

I'm wondering if you have any information about my orange "Xbox Live" original Xbox controller. Have any idea how many of these were made, or who they were given to?

I've found various references to this controller on retro gaming forums. The only confirmed pic I've seen of one (other than mine) is in the original Xbox trophy case on the Microsoft campus in Redmond, WA, as seen in this tour of the Xbox Live Operations Center:

http://console.hardocp.com/article/2...rations_center

This image is also floating around the internet, although I have no idea who posted it.

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:19 PM

Ah, the orange Xbox Live controller! I know about it, they were given to Microsoft employees/members of the Xbox Live Launch team back in the day. I have no idea how many were made but not very many to say the least. There are indeed very few pictures of it floating around. I have a couple of pictures that people have sent me of theirs though. I haven't posted those pictures because they were from private collectors. Not my place to.

I myself have been trying to find one for a long time but it always seems to slip threw my fingers. =(

That other controller you have there in that picture you probably know all about but just in case you don't, that is a prototype 'Dakota" Duke controller. Among the original Xbox prototype controllers it is the most common but finding the original breakaway cable can be tough. They always seem to be missing and without them they don't work so having it is important. =)

Also, very cool gallery you linked to! I knew of that display but that is the first time I have seen close up picture of it.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:52 AM

Thanks for the orange controller update. I'd be very interested in seeing pics or hearing how other collectors came across theirs, if/when you're willing to post!

Funny you mention the Dakota controller... I stopped by a thrift store between posting and reading your reply, and wouldn't you know! Dakota with breakaway cable. Different than the Duke breakaway. Picked it up for $2.99.

The [H] tour is pretty cool... I was very excited when I found it. Just had a low-res pic of the case, before. I've been meaning to figure out which MS building it's in. I hope it's still there. I suppose it's possible that my orange controller and the one in the case are one and the same.

Contacting some of the staff named in that post might be a good source of rare original Xbox products info.

A couple other cool controllers in there. The silver one looks one-off... have any idea what the blue one is?

Old 01-08-2014, 03:14 AM

Well, it is no mystery how those other two people I know got their hands on an orange Xbox Live controller. One is a Microsoft employee and the other bought his or hers from a Microsoft employee. lol The best picture I have of one that was sent to me from another collector has the person's Ebay name in the photo so I doubt they would want me to post it. lol

Very cool to find a Dakota for $2.99! I know a guy that does some work in Seattle that found one for $5.99 earlier this year. Haha. I would plug it in and make sure it works on a console just to be sure it is the right breakaway cable. =)

That clear controller I have heard is a prototype for the crystal clear controller that came in different bundles in various countries. Not the US unfortunately. I have never seen one outside of that display case and do not know of anyone that has one.

I have contacted many Microsoft employees about different items. Mainly to try and find a clear orange Xbox Live controller and only 3 so far even knew what I was talking about. Haha.

So are you yourself a collector of the Xbox or just a lover of thrift store buying? =)
Old 01-08-2014, 03:53 AM

General video game collector, mostly Nintendo. Special emphasis on hardware, promo items, memorabilia, etc.

I may sell the orange controller at some point in the future. A couple people have been pretty interested. Will stay in contact!