Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > CE News

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 01:23 PM
DB Proprietor

gurpswoo1's Flag is: UK United Kingdom (UK)
Default Re: inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition leaked

Mine arrived with a crushed edge, Thanks Play.com

Sending back, I will buy one later when the price drops, they have plenty. Looks like we have another Killzone 3 Hellghast edition.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Social Network Liaison

Gemini-Phoenix's Flag is: UK Ipswich

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurpswoo1 View Post

Sending back, I will buy one later when the price drops, they have plenty. Looks like we have another Killzone 3 Hellghast edition.
Can't be as bad as the one I received. Here's a link to my pictures I posted on SGH:

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com/inde...post__p__44556

I could've refused delivery, but I thought it better to accept and take photo's as evidence. The courier also made a note on her PDA to state that it was damaged upon delivery. Straight away I went onto the PLAY.com site and ordered another, as trying to get a replacement from those people is like trying to bleed a stone. Sending the damaged one back for full refund, and praying that the second one I ordered arrives in better shape. I'll keep sending them back until they learn to ship in better packaging!

Something interesting I noticed though - Upon filling out the returns form on the PLAY.com site, it states that this edition was shipped on the 28th of April 2011 - Over a month ago! Why would they ship five weeks in advance? Very strange...
Old 06-09-2011, 08:54 PM
????????,,L

lhurgoyf's Flag is: United States NC

I was actually impressed with how amazon shipped this. Usually with medium-large size boxes they just find a matching outer container and ship. Amazon had this saran wrapped to a larger cardboard box and then that in another box; no movement at all and perfect corners.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Social Network Liaison

You would generally expect stuff like this to have polystyrene corner protectors, as well as adequate bubblewrap to protect it. I didn't just shell out £100 for a Collector's Edition for it to be casually bundled into a box with just a couple of air pockets to fill the void... Absolutely no care and attention to protecting the product at all here, and a severe lack of packing tape used to seal the box too! Certainly not secure!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:11 AM
DB Proprietor

gurpswoo1's Flag is: UK United Kingdom (UK)

Gemini you got seriously screwed with that, as much as I hate Play.com packaging ( I really really hate it). But how has it arrived like that. It didn't leave play.com like that.

Alot of the blame is with the courier themselves, for throwing and destroying the box to get it that way.

In the condition it arrived in, I'm not sure what packaging would have survived.

We really need to ask the courier to think a little, you can put "fragile", "Glass inside", "take care". They don't care.

Next time they should put "Warning hazardous chemicals, do not shake", then they won't mess it up.

A little like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OoWLJQOYZc#t=1m18s
Old 06-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Social Network Liaison

I just posted my complaint letter to PLAY.com over on SGH. Go check it out mate!

Yes, very true. The courier was very ashamed to hand it over. My mother was actually bricking it as she thought I would blow my top as soon as I saw it! Luckily though I was in a good mood yesterday and dealt with it in the appropriate manner.

I had the chance to refuse delivery, but I accpted on the grounds that I wanted to take pictures to show off to everyone to prove that I don't make this shit up! The courier made a note on her PDA to state that it was damaged upon delivery, so that will help my cause somewhat
Old 06-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Staff Member

mosavon's Flag is: UK United Kingdom

Im glad i didnt buy this, overpriced and a lottery with condition, no thanks ill wait if i miss out no big deal
Old 06-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Social Network Liaison

It is always a lottery with PLAY.com, whatever you buy! I really wish online retailers wouldn't secure exclusives, because that automatically excludes a vast majority of consumers who may not have internet access. The only reason I buy online is because I got fed-up of missing out on PLAY.com exclusive SteelBooks, but ever since I started I have had nothing but problems - Ironically, it's this exact reason I used to boycott online retailers!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:30 AM
Staff Member

mosavon's Flag is: UK United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurpswoo1 View Post

If you want to spend £200 lol, the hero has sold out through play.com...maybe you should have kept that smashed one!!
My guess is this would have been more limited here in the UK like the GOW trilogy, they probably threw the bulk of these at the american market

Last edited by mosavon; 06-17-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:42 AM

The Russian Bear's Flag is: UK

Saw loads in futureshop yesterday, looks like your right about NA getting tons.