Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > CE News

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH
Default Limited Edition Red Xbox 360 is Official

In a press release today Microsoft officially announced the rumored Red Xbox 360. It would seem that this new console will in-fact be a limited edition.
In celebration of the landmark "Resident Evil" franchise coming to Xbox 360 for the first time, Microsoft unveiled today an Xbox 360® Resident Evil Limited Edition Console Bundle. Available the same day "Resident Evil 5" ships to store shelves, Friday, March 13, Xbox 360 fans will be able to pick up the bundle featuring an exclusive red Xbox 360.

Fans will enjoy the same premium Xbox 360 Elite experience at an even greater value with a copy of "Resident Evil 5," matching Limited Edition red Wireless Controller, black Xbox 360 Headset, a 120 GB Hard Drive, exclusive premium "Resident Evil 5" theme (download via Xbox LIVE) and much more all included for the price of $399 (ERP). Supplies are very limited, so "Resident Evil" fans will want to pre-order theirs today.

With the release of "Resident Evil 5" and the special edition red console, the game has found a new home on Xbox 360. The new two-player cooperative experience in "Resident Evil 5" is a perfect fit for Xbox LIVE.* With 17 million members and growing, Xbox LIVE connects "Resident Evil" fans and their new red Xbox 360 consoles to their friends on the couch or across the globe. To further provide a taste of the full entertainment experience available on Xbox LIVE, fans will also receive a bonus card to download the hit Xbox LIVE Arcade title from Capcom, "Super Street Fighter® ll Turbo HD Remix."

*Xbox LIVE Gold Membership required
For those of you who can't wait there is also a Pre-Order page on bestbuy.com

[gallery link="file" columns="2"]... View this article on the News Page.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:28 AM
Staff Member

Default Re: Limited Edition Red Xbox 360 is Official

I think I may buy this and keep it mint, I missed out on the resi 4 gamecube.

Is it worth blowing some of my overdraft on? hmm.

I wonder just how limited it will be? Or if i can wait a few months until i am hopefully working again.

Last edited by grim_d; 02-25-2009 at 02:38 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:48 AM
Owner/Founder

well... it's about the same price as and has the same features of the elite, and I'd be willing to be it will be more rare than an elite or even a halo 360 so I'd say it'd be a wise purchase if you were in the market for a 360 anyway.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Staff Member

Not in the market for one but have pre-ordered.

Hopefully be pretty rare, wouldnt mind seeing some numbers.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Owner/Founder

numbers are always nice to see but it's rare that you'd ever get them. ... If I knew where to get that info every game in the db would have a production number on it.

I do actually have numbers for a few of them.. I've got them in a text file somewhere, they were collected from a few random articles that got figures from the publisher. I should write up a form letter and send it out to all the publishers just letting them know I'm here and that I'd be happy to trade information and a few samples from them for advertising all their great premium product
Old 02-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Staff Member

I wonder if it may be worth buying 2 and slinging one once they are gone.

Don't really want to be one of those people but times are hard.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Owner/Founder

usually for that to be profitable you have to sit on them for a while

... that is of course unless they flood the market with more than people actually want, in which case it will be a LOSING proposition....

for instance... Halo Legendary edition is now on sale at Buy.com for a mere $40... that's NEW you can't tell me those things are actually going to be worth something down the road... it's just SAD.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Staff Member

Well that's where numbers would be useful, if it were really limited unlike halo 3.

I'll have to think about it, i could sit on it for ages.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Social Network Liaison

Gemini-Phoenix's Flag is: UK Ipswich

Well i'm currently sitting on a sealed unused LE Halo II crystal blue Xbox (Canadian NTSC) and an LE Halo III camo green X360 Pro (UK PAL) in the hope that they will rise in value

Any word on whether this red Resident Evil 5 edition will be released elsewhere other than America and Australasia? Can we Brit's and European's expect something similar? I've been looking for a good reason to buy an Elite for some time now, as I still haven't got an X360 to play

I will say though, I would have at least expeccted the Resident Evil 5 logo to be printed on the side, similar to how the Resident Evil 4 logo was printed on the LE GameCube from a few years ago...
Old 02-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix View Post
Well i'm currently sitting on a sealed unused LE Halo II crystal blue Xbox (Canadian NTSC) and an LE Halo III camo green X360 Pro (UK PAL) in the hope that they will rise in value

Any word on whether this red Resident Evil 5 edition will be released elsewhere other than America and Australasia? Can we Brit's and European's expect something similar? I've been looking for a good reason to buy an Elite for some time now, as I still haven't got an X360 to play

I will say though, I would have at least expeccted the Resident Evil 5 logo to be printed on the side, similar to how the Resident Evil 4 logo was printed on the LE GameCube from a few years ago...
Yup we are getting it. Exclusive to game.

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardwa...?s=red%20elite

Got mine ordered, and incase you didnt realise. I'm a brit too (Scottish to be precise)
Closed Thread