Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > CE Discussion

Old 03-26-2012, 07:48 PM

davidw's Flag is: UK UK
Default Re: Assassin's Creed III: Freedom Edition - PS3, X360, PC (UK PAL)

PC games are always cheaper than console versions - always assumed it was due to the overheads with consoles such as development kits, licenses etc also PS3 (don't know about 360) has always been the hardest console to develop for...
Old 03-26-2012, 07:50 PM

Cosmic_Link's Flag is: England Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu8 View Post
good eyes there cosmic, nice price for pc join or die
lol Thanks! ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix6 View Post
You mean £20 cheaper right? But yeah, what's up with that?
The Connor Figurine will be 24cm tall and probably made of the same material as what the previous figurines were molded with.
Nope the Join or die editon is still definitely £30 cheaper... http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en...ctID.247998800

The Freedom one is £20 cheaper. Makes me want to buy the PC version and then just pick up the xbox game at a later date when it's price drops! lol

So the figure will be a plastic figure then... The others were nice figures. need to think carefully about it now... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidw View Post
PC games are always cheaper than console versions - always assumed it was due to the overheads with consoles such as development kits, licenses etc also PS3 (don't know about 360) has always been the hardest console to develop for...
Yeah, that's why they develop the games on the 360 and port them over. That's why I always get my multi-platform titles on the 360...

Last edited by Cosmic_Link; 03-26-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:51 PM

well since no one actually knows anything about the figure or any of the package yet i wouldn't worry just yet
Old 03-26-2012, 07:51 PM

Matrix6's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidw View Post
For just the games, yes, PC are always cheaper than the console versions.
For whatever reason...the top of the line editions seem to be all the same price now whether you get the PC or console editions! That mainly account for big name publishers though, not always the case if it's a smaller publisher or not a triple A game.

PS3 and Xbox360 games/CE's are always priced the same no matter.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Social Network Liaison

Gemini-Phoenix's Flag is: UK Ipswich

I'm angry that Ubisoft have done their usual trick and not tiered these at all! Just like previous AC CE's, they're all unique.

ShopTo.net have also alluded that they may also be getting these CE's in stock, so may be worth you guys holding out for a few days to see if they do or not
Old 03-26-2012, 07:58 PM

I've already ordered from Ubishop now anyway - i'd normally order with ShopTo but to be honest i don't mind who i get it from as long as i get it
Old 03-26-2012, 07:58 PM

Matrix6's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_Link View Post
lol Thanks! ^o^

Nope the Join or die editon is still definitely £30 cheaper... http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en...ctID.247998800

The Freedom one is £20 cheaper. Makes me want to buy the PC version and then just pick up the xbox game at a later date when it's price drops! lol

So the figure will be a plastic figure then... The others were nice figures. need to think carefully about it now... lol

Yeah, that's why they develop the games on the 360 and port them over. That's why I always get my multi-platform titles on the 360...
lol you're right, but then again I can't see the prices on the EU/UK Ubi site cos of my region
I was checking out the prices at Play.com http://www.play.com/Search.html?sear...pe=allproducts It's £20 cheaper for the PC 'J or D'.

But Freedom is AU$20 cheaper for the PC for us here. [same thing for Animus last year].

As for the figure...I don't think Ubi have ever released a resin or polyresin statue before...and the fact that they're calling it a 'figure' would most likely mean it's made of plastic of some sort?! It'd also be cheaper to manufacture, ergo, why the price isn't higher than it is!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:00 PM

gu8's Flag is: England

after the packaging prowess from shopto.net with mass effect il swerve them
Old 03-26-2012, 08:02 PM

At least these CE's are looking a lot better than last time - the Revelations CE was sucky at best - also just noticed these CE's don't mention anything about Soundtrack - i thought that was a given with CE's now?
Old 03-26-2012, 08:13 PM

Johnny's Flag is: Europe Portugal

Really want this but only, if amazon or my local shops get it in store, otherwise i cant