Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Additions and Corrections

Old 06-18-2017, 04:50 AM

BAD-WAYNE's Flag is: United States Texas
Default Re: Wolfenstein II The New Colossus Collector's Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout View Post
Yeah I checked earlier and it is $30 for 2-years. It is a great deal. You also get points too right?
You get 20% off and points (preorder or not, it doesn't matter) PLUS, most AAA preorders will give you either a $10 gift card when you purchase the game or $10 in bonus points.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2017, 05:28 AM

Venger's Flag is: United States Virginia, United States

Amazon has been mediocre for a while now, so this is not surprising and that is from someone who placed over 200 orders in the last year with them. Their shipping has really gotten bad, a lot of items just thrown in a box without any real attempt at packing or crammed in a bubble mailer and crushed. I would rather pay Gamestop their premium to get my stuff in new condition.

Best Buys Gamers Club works well once you reach Elite with them and then get the free upgraded shipping. I prefer it to Amazon as though they don't package as well as Gamestop, they are better than Amazon and discount most everything game related, and not just preorder or for the first two weeks. Well worth it.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:30 PM

flatout's Flag is: United States Maine, US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venger View Post
Amazon has been mediocre for a while now, so this is not surprising and that is from someone who placed over 200 orders in the last year with them. Their shipping has really gotten bad, a lot of items just thrown in a box without any real attempt at packing or crammed in a bubble mailer and crushed. I would rather pay Gamestop their premium to get my stuff in new condition.

Best Buys Gamers Club works well once you reach Elite with them and then get the free upgraded shipping. I prefer it to Amazon as though they don't package as well as Gamestop, they are better than Amazon and discount most everything game related, and not just preorder or for the first two weeks. Well worth it.
For the first part i somewhat agree... they had been making more mistakes the last year (but on packaging I have found most throw items in with a few air pockets... even GameStop, or at least they used to).

Wait... so I would not get the free release day shipping with my membership at Best Buy until I earn "elite" status?

Old 06-19-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout View Post
For the first part i somewhat agree... they had been making more mistakes the last year (but on packaging I have found most throw items in with a few air pockets... even GameStop, or at least they used to).

Wait... so I would not get the free release day shipping with my membership at Best Buy until I earn "elite" status?
I'm pretty sure the free release day shipping is a part of GCU and doesn't require Elite status. Free shipping on other items does but games should be included with GCU.

Old 06-19-2017, 02:39 PM

Venger's Flag is: United States Virginia, United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD-WAYNE View Post
I'm pretty sure the free release day shipping is a part of GCU and doesn't require Elite status. Free shipping on other items does but games should be included with GCU.

Yeah, I honestly can't remember, maybe it was only a shipping charge below a certain amount or maybe it was slower shipping? I may be getting that confused with Gamestops slow free shipping. Probably worth checking with Best Buy before he signs up just to make sure. The Elite membership does give the fast/free shipping similar to Prime but instead of a yearly fee is based on spending with Best Buy, which I prefer.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:44 PM

Airzonk's Flag is: United States

Can anyone confirm if this comes with an actual Steelbook? On Bethesda's site it is referred to as a metal case. On some of the retailer sites I see it listed as a Steelbook.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venger View Post
Yeah, I honestly can't remember, maybe it was only a shipping charge below a certain amount or maybe it was slower shipping? I may be getting that confused with Gamestops slow free shipping. Probably worth checking with Best Buy before he signs up just to make sure. The Elite membership does give the fast/free shipping similar to Prime but instead of a yearly fee is based on spending with Best Buy, which I prefer.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gam...ed/td-p/953565

Above is the complete list of Benefits for GCU; it doesn't state anything about shipping but you'll know once you try to checkout. You can also preorder In-store or online and pickup in-store.

Last on top of the 20% off for ALL Editions; you can also get an additional $10 in points on most AAA games. Here's a list of current eligible games:

Madden 18
NBA 2K18
FIFA 18
Destiny 2
Shadow of War
A.C. Origins
Mario Odyssey
CoD WWII
Battlefront 2
Far Cry 5

Preorder and purchase these games (you're charged nothing but $5 untill release date/pick-up) and you will get 20% off PLUS $10 in reward zone points for ANY edition of the game except digital.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:04 AM

Dreamcazman's Flag is: Australia Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airzonk View Post
Can anyone confirm if this comes with an actual Steelbook? On Bethesda's site it is referred to as a metal case. On some of the retailer sites I see it listed as a Steelbook.
Nothing concrete, but I think it's safe to say it will be a steelbook. Even though it's mentioned as a 'metal case' in the Bethesda store, it says 'steelbook' in the actual picture of the contents.

Also, the original had a steelbook so the odds are good.
Old 06-24-2017, 01:18 PM

Texas Fire's Flag is: United States San Antonio, Texas

I want to get this CE so bad. I've never really played any of the Wolfenstein games, however I've always been intrigued by the series..And this CE looks good!

TF
Old 06-24-2017, 02:10 PM

Dreamcazman's Flag is: Australia Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Fire View Post
I want to get this CE so bad. I've never really played any of the Wolfenstein games, however I've always been intrigued by the series..And this CE looks good!

TF
You have to pick up the The New Order & The Old Blood expansion, they're dirt cheap now.

Get you ready for #2.