Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > CE News

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 01:31 PM

nipperkipper's Flag is: Great Britain Somewhere in Hyrule
Default Re: Halo 4 Limited Edition Announced

Im guessing an initial pre order sell out and then flooded at release, seems the norm with flagship microsoft releases
Old 05-17-2012, 01:47 PM
DB Proprietor

gurpswoo1's Flag is: UK United Kingdom (UK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipperkipper View Post
Im guessing an initial pre order sell out and then flooded at release, seems the norm with flagship microsoft releases
Couldn't agree more

Part 1 and Part 2
Old 05-17-2012, 01:59 PM

davidw's Flag is: UK UK

got my order in with ShopTo.net nonetheless - gutted they are not doing a legendary or otherwise named ultimate edition but still looks nice - at the end of the day the game is the most important part...
Old 05-17-2012, 09:37 PM

Craig's Flag is: UK

My thinking is they didn't want to license out the Steelbook branding.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:41 PM

Resseh's Flag is: UK

don't see the point in buying halo CEs at launch as they always seem to be cheaper than standard editions within a month
Old 05-18-2012, 09:46 PM

foreverflash's Flag is: United States Massachusetts

No one has even asked about the "design" on the steelbook. From the picture, it appears it will have all kinds of intricate and complex "embossing"; the design looks to me like its raised up all around the whole steelbook. Let me tell you, if that's the case, this will be very, very desirable. Also, if Microsoft does what Activision did with Modern Warfare 3 limited edition, this Halo 4 limited edition WILL be more limited than usual and sell out long before launch. This will NOT be easy to find after release. Not like previous editions that were tiered or mass produced. These small, steelbook editions are always a better investment for collecting.
...I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you...By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

My New Life Need God

Old 05-18-2012, 11:08 PM
DB Proprietor

gurpswoo1's Flag is: UK United Kingdom (UK)

That is true, the steelbook does indeed look nice, but it is a photoshoped promo.

Will have to wait for final images,

We certainly have time on this release, very early. Lets just hope the finish the game on time.

Part 1 and Part 2
Old 05-18-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurpswoo1 View Post
That is true, the steelbook does indeed look nice, but it is a photoshoped promo.

Will have to wait for final images,

We certainly have time on this release, very early. Lets just hope the finish the game on time.
But just imagine if the steelbook really does have all that design "embossed"! It will certainly be the talk of the "steelbook" collectors' world...
...I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you...By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

My New Life Need God

Old 05-19-2012, 06:21 AM
DB Proprietor

themidlandmaster's Flag is: Australia Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverflash View Post
No one has even asked about the "design" on the steelbook. From the picture, it appears it will have all kinds of intricate and complex "embossing"; the design looks to me like its raised up all around the whole steelbook. Let me tell you, if that's the case, this will be very, very desirable. Also, if Microsoft does what Activision did with Modern Warfare 3 limited edition, this Halo 4 limited edition WILL be more limited than usual and sell out long before launch. This will NOT be easy to find after release. Not like previous editions that were tiered or mass produced. These small, steelbook editions are always a better investment for collecting.
All the halo editions so far have lost value
Old 05-19-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themidlandmaster View Post
All the halo editions so far have lost value
I don't think that's entirely true. The original black label version of Halo 1 (sealed or not) (for Xbox Original) (the one without "game of the year" marking) is still quite rare and valuable. Certainly much more valuable than when it first released as a standard game. Talking strictly about the NTSC version too. I believe European version got a major influx of supply for that and was not nearly as limited as the original NTSC black label.

Also, the Halo Wars limited edition is a bit rare and valuable - (which is similar to Gears of War 1, Mass Effect 1, Spinter Cell Conviction, Mass Effect 2, which all had small size limited editions - not much bigger in size than a small book).

I also know for a fact that the Original black label Halo 2 (sealed), the Halo Triple Pack and the Halo ODST limited edition (w/ controller) are all still valuable and somewhat rare. They certainly can cost a good amount more than standard price, depending solely on condition.

Most all of the above Halo titles could easily sell for more than they retailed for, which would mean they have increased slightly in value if not significantly (like for Halo 1 black label sealed).

My New Life Need God

Closed Thread