Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > CE Discussion

Old 03-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH
Default Monster Hunter 3 Tri

Last edited by twistedsymphony; 02-09-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Monster Hunter 3 Tri Limited Edition Ultimate Hunter Pack (Wii) [PAL]

I brought this but I have yet to actually open it and go through the contents. I also got an extra figurine as a pre-order bonus which I thought was pretty cool.

My first impression was its a shame that the outta box is carboard, I would have paid the extra to actually have a wooden box. Much like Play did for their unique Far Cry CE.

Once I have opened it I will post some thoughts for you all.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:29 AM
Social Network Liaison

Gemini-Phoenix's Flag is: UK Ipswich
Default Re: Monster Hunter 3 Tri Limited Edition Ultimate Hunter Pack (Wii) [PAL]

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemyzero View Post
I brought this but I have yet to actually open it and go through the contents. I also got an extra figurine as a pre-order bonus which I thought was pretty cool.

My first impression was its a shame that the outta box is carboard, I would have paid the extra to actually have a wooden box. Much like Play did for their unique Far Cry CE.

Once I have opened it I will post some thoughts for you all.
I too was hoping for a wooden box like the Far Cry II CE. I would also have paid the extra, considering this was initially £69.99 when I pre-ordered it, and then dropped to only £49.99 once people realised that it was indeed just a cheap cardboard box.

Still, for the price you can't fault what you get! A Classic Controller Pro will usually set you back £14.00-£19.00 (Depending on where you get it), and a Wii Speak on its own has an RRP of £27.99!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:37 AM

Finally got round to opening it!!

Much like yourself Gemini I had pre-ordered when it was £70 and I was really glad that they knocked the price down. Did they send you the additional figurine as well?

I wasnt to impressed with the bit of screwed up paper half way down that was just there to fill the void. I also wasnt that impressed with the pad either, the lead is very short, much like a 360 pad the D pad feels horrid and I wasnt keen on the over all shape and feel in your hand. Saying that its better than the other Pad that they sell.

Overall for £50 its a pretty good deal as Gemini stated you get Wii Speak a pad and a game. But as a CE its not rating high on my list.