Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > CE News

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 09:56 PM
CE.o News Team

Ayiu's Flag is: Europe Europe
Default GRID 2 - BAC Mono Edition if this does not sell will Codemasters close?

The world as we know it is about to change. Not a day passes by where we do not hear the words US dept-crisis and/or Eurozone crisis. The Euro is already traded as a historical fail but the "small" developer studio called Codemaster decided to publish a Special Edition for all racing game lovers against all rules. To make it something real special they also decided to put the price a little higher than usual. Not only 100 GBP or 200 GBP but ridiculous 125,000.00 GBP (~ $190,000.00 USD)

With accepting the deal you agree to trade your hard earned coins for the following:
  • PS3 Grid 2 game with special packaging
  • PS3 to play it on
  • 170mph BAC Mono supercar specially outfitted with Grid 2 livery
  • Full set of Grid 2 and BAC branded racing gear including a helmet, suit, boots, and gloves - all tailored to your size
  • A day at the BAC factory, including a tour and time with technicians to customize your ride
Also this Edition is kind of limited, to be more precise, there is only one kind of the Grid 2 Mono Edition

Please, do not everybody rush out to your bank to mortgage your house even if this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance, without doubt! Think twice, only this way you might imagine its full extend. You can be part of the history of the world's record for the most expensive collector's edition commercially available. This record is unlikely to be topped anytime soon.

For everyone out there who is not interested in collecting any PS3 stuff you can save your time from now on because Codemaster does not give you the opportunity to swap the PS3 for a Xbox 360. Well, to be fair you can really not expect to have such a choice for a filthy 125,000.00 GBP product. Sorry, but I am out!

For those who are still undecided, you can find the official website here. Members from Europe can pre-order the Edition here but watch out Game's new policy which requires a 20 GBP deposit on any pre-order. Not everyone can deal with that! There is also no trade-in for two selected games and get it for 99p on this but reward points are redeemable.
For those from the UK who want to pre-order in person please consider prices in GAME Stores may differ!

Also good luck to any potential buyer from outside Europe as you will have to send an e-mail to sale [at] bac-mono.com and convince them to ship the vehicle overseas.

Enough talking, someone is better buying this edition, our economy is in need of bold and urgent action.

... View this article on the HomePage.

Last edited by Ayiu; 05-26-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:57 PM

comaamen86's Flag is: UK
Default Re: GRID 2 - BAC Mono Edition if this does not sell will codemasters close?

not great thread title but meh

Old 05-25-2013, 10:02 PM

SwiftDeath's Flag is: United States Chicago, IL
Default Re: GRID 2 - BAC Mono Edition if this does not sell will Codemasters close?

I thought the title was hilarious

Good read too

January Update: Notebooks, Art, AC Items, Press Kits

Spoiler!

Old 05-26-2013, 03:18 AM

HIPPEEDUDE's Flag is: Australia Somewhere:)
Default Re: GRID 2 - BAC Mono Edition if this does not sell will Codemasters close?

Me thinks this is more a sales gimmick,help boost sales or something. I reckon though there will at least be one or two mad buggers in the world who would want this. If you also think logically this is one edition that will go up in value

HIPPEEDUDES MEGA MYSTICAL SALE NOW BACK ON & UPDATED!!
http://collectorsedition.org/forums/...611#post150611
Old 05-26-2013, 05:08 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

that game case alone will be worth thousands..as possibly that boxart design is only one in existence..the person out to get it VGA graded..i hope it stays on sale for a long time..so game is forced to knock the price down from 125,000 british pounds to 99.99 british pounds..LOL
Old 05-26-2013, 05:43 AM

SwiftDeath's Flag is: United States Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
that game case alone will be worth thousands..as possibly that boxart design is only one in existence..the person out to get it VGA graded..i hope it stays on sale for a long time..so game is forced to knock the price down from 125,000 british pounds to 99.99 british pounds..LOL
As per anything price is worth what someone is willing to pay for it

I have my doubts that if the game with special cover art went on sale seperately that it would reach thousands but perhaps that's just my opinion

January Update: Notebooks, Art, AC Items, Press Kits

Spoiler!

Old 05-26-2013, 12:15 PM
CE.o News Team

If this gets sold, I would like to do an interview with the buyer
Old 05-26-2013, 01:05 PM

to buy the car by itself is 101,940

so the rest is for the rest and waiting time is 12 months with grid to edition the car will be yours in 6

Old 05-26-2013, 02:36 PM
CE.o News Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by comaamen86 View Post
to buy the car by itself is 101,940

so the rest is for the rest and waiting time is 12 months with grid to edition the car will be yours in 6
meh, you better buy it. This way my interview would be much more fun
Old 05-26-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayiu View Post
meh, you better buy it. This way my interview would be much more fun
hehe i would smash it, i cant drive but would try

Closed Thread