Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > CE News

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 11:26 AM
CE.o News Team

Ayiu's Flag is: Europe Europe
Default Killer Instinct: Pin Ultimate Edition Available For Pre-Order, NA

The Free-2-Play launch title Killer Instinct for the Xbox One will get a special retail edition called Pin Ultimate Edition.?So far the edition has only been announced for North America and retails exclusively through the Microsoft Store for $ 59.99 USD. Unfortunately you will only get a Digital Download Code for the game from Xbox Live and no disc.

The Pin Ultimate Edition was designed by Penny Arcade and comes?packed in a premium case that unfolds into a pin display. It includes the following additional content:
  • First two pins (Jago and Killer Instinct 3D Logo) from a collection of 16: Each character will get its own pin and the official Killer Instinct page will reveal surprise pins, every month until the end of the season, that can be earned through your community and in-game efforts
  • All Season 1 characters (8)
  • Season pass for all costumers (8) and accessory packs (16)
  • Early access to all Season 1 content
  • Original Killer Instinct Classic Arcade game

According to the MS-Store the release date is the 29th of November - Pre-orders can be placed here

Thanks to ce.o member SwiftDeath for the heads up!... View this article on the HomePage.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:06 PM

comaamen86's Flag is: UK
Default Re: Killer Instinct: Pin Ultimate Edition Available For Pre-Order, NA

awful

Old 10-13-2013, 10:18 PM

StayFree( ' 3')'s Flag is: United States OC, Cali

What's with MS and collecting pins?? They have been doing this at all recent conventions too. More recently, the epic halo pin scavenger hunt at SDCC where all you win is a wasted comic-con badge.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:24 PM

comaamen86's Flag is: UK

i think its disgusting the premuim they charge for a very incomplete ce

if the other pins retail will be no less than 5 dollars a piece and that optimistic

what started as a free to play game has turned into a multi tiered cash cow that does not complete even at the highest price

Old 10-13-2013, 11:57 PM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

I wonder if they will release some sort of killer instinct compilation on disc (finally) down the road?...I think they will..that is the ONLY way to get this game to the masses...MSN with there resources and clout, and especially as pioneers in the software business.i find it absurd they can't pay for a flimsy plastic blue ray disc to be packaged into this..we all know what Microsoft means when they say limited edition..look at the HALO editions...plus this is most likely also found at the Microsoft stores and not just there on line store either.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:29 AM

SwiftDeath's Flag is: United States Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
I wonder if they will release some sort of killer instinct compilation on disc (finally) down the road?...I think they will..that is the ONLY way to get this game to the masses...MSN with there resources and clout, and especially as pioneers in the software business.i find it absurd they can't pay for a flimsy plastic blue ray disc to be packaged into this..we all know what Microsoft means when they say limited edition..look at the HALO editions...plus this is most likely also found at the Microsoft stores and not just there on line store either.
MS doesn't want a disc release of Killer instinct

They have always and imo will always want it to be digital only

MS will never have to worry about old sales of KI cannibalizing new sales this way

Personally I just don't see it

MS are not capcom

January Update: Notebooks, Art, AC Items, Press Kits

Spoiler!

Old 10-14-2013, 06:58 AM

the Microsoft store website chat person claims that is not the final box art...can someone else ask and find out if the artwork is to be changed?..its only 6 weeks left..he said "artwork has not been revealed as this edition was just announced"...I am conflicted..someone please LOL..ask on chat and confirm on the store website?..(Microsoft store)
Old 10-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH

What's the deal with Pin collecting? I've never seen/heard of this before.

Is there somewhere you can buy the pins or if you want the whole set are you expected to fly all over the place attending exclusive events?

EDIT:
It seems that this edition was co-created with Penny Arcade: http://www.penny-arcade.com/2013/10/...timate-edition

Last edited by twistedsymphony; 10-14-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:59 AM

it seems next to impossible to complete..i think if one was to complete this set..then at that point you would have a true rare collectors edition in hand..i bet they probably won't get through all 16 to the end of the line..interest might drop off around pin number 12 or 13..and it wouldn't be cost effective or marketable or worthwhile for them to make more pin batches...plus I guess you would have to criss cross the globe and even somehow attend closed door trade shows to get this set done..or they might just come out with a "complete edition"..knocked down to $29.99..or sell them off to a Tuesday morning store or a big lots store..or dollar tree..etc..who knows.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
it seems next to impossible to complete..i think if one was to complete this set..then at that point you would have a true rare collectors edition in hand..i bet they probably won't get through all 16 to the end of the line..interest might drop off around pin number 12 or 13..and it wouldn't be cost effective or marketable or worthwhile for them to make more pin batches...plus I guess you would have to criss cross the globe and even somehow attend closed door trade shows to get this set done..or they might just come out with a "complete edition"..knocked down to $29.99..or sell them off to a Tuesday morning store or a big lots store..or dollar tree..etc..who knows.
I don't think so... if you check out eBay for "Pinny Arcade" people are going f*cking bonkers for this stuff...

There's a thread on the Penny Arcade forum with dozens of people talking about buying this edition and then re-selling the game codes just to get the two pins it comes with.

Closed Thread