Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > CE News

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH
Default Kickstarter CE for Obduction (Spiritual Sucessor to Myst) has only 3 Days Left

If you haven't heard, Cyan Inc, the company responsible for the classic PC adventure game Myst, is currently running a Kickstarter for their new project "Obduction". This new game is not a sequel to the classic point and click adventure but a spiritual successor.? Right now the game has only been announced as being exclusive to the PC (Windows and Mac) and only available via digital-download. However as a Kickstarter only reward at the $75 and up level? (or as a $50 add-on to any other level) a Special Boxed Edition will be made available for those of us (collectors) who appreciate our games boxed and on physical media.? There are also a lot of other exclusive goodies including art-books and signed prints at various other support levels if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Currently there is only 3-days left to back this project, and Cyan is less than $30K from reaching their $1.1 Million goal. Should they meet their goal (and it seems likely that they will) then the game is scheduled for release mid to late 2015.... View this article on the HomePage.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:14 PM

Matt16's Flag is: England Doncaster
Default Re: Kickstarter CE for Obduction (Spiritual Sucessor to Myst) has only 3 Days Left

Cool, that should be a great game. Chose the $75 option to get the physical edition. Thanks for posting
Old 11-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH
Default Re: Kickstarter CE for Obduction (Spiritual Sucessor to Myst) has only 3 Days Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt16 View Post
Cool, that should be a great game. Chose the $75 option to get the physical edition. Thanks for posting
Yeah, I also chose that option. Normally we don't post about Kickstarter editions unless there's something super special about them, but I really want to see this game succeed. I was disappointed by the lack of coverage about it by the gaming media so I figured: hey, I own a gaming media site, I can do something about it.

Closed Thread