Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Introductions and Show-Off

Old 04-05-2014, 08:09 PM

ruudjeuuh's Flag is: Belgium Belgium
Lightbulb Hello my name is... Mr. Ruud

Hi all,

According to the titel, my name is Ruud. As some of you might notice, the title of this post is very alike that one of misterunboxers. Offcourse this is not a coincidence. I've got to known misterunboxers some time ago after posting some comments on his unboxing video of the Dark Souls Sif statue. After some talking, this forum came up. I remember looking up something here a loooong time ago, but not using it actively. Since 2 year, I'm an active Demon's Souls and Dark Souls I/II collector. Misterunboxers told me that there's a lot of usefull information here, so i wanted to introduce myself.
As for my collection, i only collect what really passionates me, and infact that's only the Souls-series. Other games i also like to play, but they cannot take me by the heart as the Souls-series can. Besides that, I'm a Belgian 23-years old university student, so infact i only have money to collect 1 series :p
Well, after my brief introduction it's time to present my collection. I still have some items which are underway, but I've been postponing this post for several weeks now, that i just cannot bare it any longer to hide my collection of which i am very proud.
Recently, i build my own display cases en arranging most of my poster frames that I'm that proud to show it to you all.

To start with, this is an overview of my 3 display cases:

An overview for each shelf is following now

To start with my Demon's Souls shelf:

On this image is the complete Black Phantom Edition(EU) and Deluxe edition (US). Infact these are the only 2 things i have from Demon's Souls. i know there also a Japanese guide and a collectible -hard to find- poster, but if there are more items to collect for Demon's Souls of which i don't know that they exist, please let me know. Don't mind the knight statue and the small axe. These are some items totally unrelated to any Souls-game which i found just in stores. But i found them pretty appropriate

Now my Dark Souls I shelfs:

Here we find the Dark Souls Design works book, the Japanese Artorias of the Abyss edition, of which you can only see the outer box. The guide, game itself and soundtrack case are inside because of a lack of space. Also on this picture is the tin case backside of the US collector's edition. And offcourse the newly arrived Great Grey Wolf Sif statue. To bad, this one is not the official one of Link Dead Studio but a replica of a 3D copy from a real statue.

On this photo you can see the official Dark Souls Hardcover guide book. Besides that, 2 regular art books, one which came with the US and other with the EU collector's edition. Infact, they have thesame content but are in another format and printing substance. Then there is also the 'special' artbook which came with the EU Pc artorias of the abyss edition. Besides that, you also see the front side of the US Collector's edition, of which the backside was on the previous picture, and limited Artorias of the Abyss Zavvi steelbook. You can also see a Solaire statue, which was crafted by TheKindledBonfire who has a shop on Etsy, so all credits for him because it's a superb statue! And last but not least, a handmade Siegmeyer of Catarina statue (#100/100), made by the one and only Peter Nordström!

Now, my Dark Souls II shelfs:

On this picture, you can see the complete EU collector's edition, which includes the warrior statue, the small art book, the cloth map and the Steelbook included the extra contents like the weapons code and the soundtrack cd. Also you can see the big 'art of dark souls II' book which is a part of the Japanese DSII CE and the official US Dark Souls II Collector's edition guide (still in shrinkwrap).

On this picture we can see the rest of the Japanese CE, which further includes the wooden chest with the miniature weapons & shields, the gamecase with game included, the soundtrack case with soundtrack included and beneath the chest the official DSII paper map and a small blue japanese quick guide.

On this shelf you can see the extra's which came with the DSII UK versions. You can see an unsigned comic book, which i reveid with the purchase of my game in Belgium. And you can see a designed sleeve which has a signed comic book inside. Besides that, there is also the official UK pre-order iPohone 5S case and the Spanish Dark Souls II Lithograph which is limited to 2,000 pieces. There is a retailer only DS2 mug (credits to Merch!), the US Black armour steelbook (look at the relief present here compared to the EU steelbook) including the artbook as well. Last but not least, a lithograph about DS2 as well

Now we've come to the last 2 shelfs containing bloodborne items. On the first shelf you can see the ink&pen set + the ringing bel lthat came with the nightmare CE. Furthermore there's the Kirkhammer letter opener which came with the Asian Limited Hunter edition (which i do not have), the bloodborne key ring and the Saw Cleaver steelbook which was an exclusive for Denmark i think. To end, there's the giant Bloodborne Pamflet and the folded poster/ info sheet both in Japanese. For the folded poster, i have a 2nd copy of this which i use as poster, see underneath.

On the second Bloodborne shelf, you can see the rest of the Nightmare CE: the metal box, resembling a series of book, in which all of the items were stored. The Steelbook, the artbook and the white notebook. Furthermore you can see both the Bloodborne & Bloodborne: the Old Hunters Collector's edition Guide books, and in the front a small japanese guide book.

Here you can see all the Dark Souls I&II and Bloodborne official T-shirts I have. They are not included in my display cases any more because of a lack of space.

Now, besides the cabins, i also have some art on my wall:
Above my bed, there is a giant poster of DSI, which came with the pc CE of DSI, prepare to die edition. To show you the size of the poster, i photographed the corner of my display case with it.
Above my door i framed DSI map. Just because i really liked the map
Then on my big wall there are 6 pictures which i found on etsy(credits to CrowSmack). They are not official DS art but i found them that beautiful that they simply deserved a place on my wall!
Also on my wall, you can find the 4 metal art cards which are limited up to 2500 each. Tried to frame them as nicely as the cards are themselfs. (see close up)
Then i have a framed official Dark Souls II poster, limited up to 3,000 pieces.
Then there is a signed comic poster, which i think was exclusive for Zavvi in UK. On the backside, there isare some promo advertisements about DS.
As a last one, I also have a framed poster which i found on redbubble, so it's an unofficial one. The creator is Josh Legendre and i found this poster that beautiful that i just had to buy it. All credits to Josh, it's a delight to see this poster hanging on my wall every day

Recently I've added 4 posters to my collection. About Dark Souls II SOTFS, bloodborne, Bloodborne: The Old Hunters and a fanmade Bloodborne poster by Josh Legendre (again!).

Then at last, i have framed some items which i have for allready quite some time. This includes 5 official post cards and a poster which came both with the Dark Souls I Artorias of the abyss DLC for PC. The cards are something around A6 format. They are incorporated in a picture frame including other pictures non DS related, so i left those ones out.

I've also tried to collect as much different comic books as possible, but a few are still missing though!

Now there are 2 more things left to show ou guys. First thing is the Looking Glass Knight (aka Mirror Knight) statue. This is made by LDS (Link Dead Studios) and was a promotional statue, which was given away at several contests. Sadly enough i didn't win a contest but i was lucky enough to find one on ebay!

And then as last, my cherry on the cake, my best and nicest piece of all, with a very big smile on my face i present to you my Life Size Faraam Knight statue from DSII!!

Still need to get my hands on the following:
- Demon's Souls Official poster
- Dark Souls I Press Kit
- Dark Souls II Press kit
- Bloodborne Press Kit
- Bloodborne GECCO Statue
- Bloodborne Japanese LE
- Bloodborne Lithographs (5) from Playstation Gear Store

Besides collecting all these items, i also have platinum trophy on PS3 for demon's souls as well as DSI, DSII and Bloodborne!

I hope you guys are as enthousiastic as i am about my collection, because it has taken me blood, sweat, tears, time and money (truly all of them) to aquire all these items, but i would do it immediatly again if i had the chance

Greetings,

Ruud

Last edited by ruudjeuuh; 04-02-2017 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Pictures!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Hello my name is... Mr. Ruud

Btw, if someone tell me how i can show the pictures directly in stead of showing the link, please tell me!
Old 04-05-2014, 09:04 PM
CE.o News Team

Ayiu's Flag is: Europe Europe

I'm a big Dark Souls fan myself. You really have a great collection there and I love how you display everything.

pictures can be insert by either putting the link between [ IMG] insert link here [/IMG ] (without the space) or just use the insert image option above (where you can change the color of your text, it's the small picture showing a mountain and a sun)

Last edited by Ayiu; 04-05-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:19 PM

Hi Ayiu,

Thanks a lot for the comment! yes, i definitly don't want to brag, but i like my dispay cases a lot to Took me quite some time to assemble them, and even more time to arrange all my items in it. i might even change it again within some time, I'll see
Are there any things that you have which i am missing? And do you have some pictures of your collection that you would like to share?

Btw, about the pictures, i tried to do it the way you explained but i didn't get an immage. Can you explain me where i should upload my pictures to get an immage?
Old 04-05-2014, 09:56 PM
CE.o News Team

Ayiu's Flag is: Europe Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruudjeuuh View Post
Hi Ayiu,

Thanks a lot for the comment! yes, i definitly don't want to brag, but i like my dispay cases a lot to Took me quite some time to assemble them, and even more time to arrange all my items in it. i might even change it again within some time, I'll see
Are there any things that you have which i am missing? And do you have some pictures of your collection that you would like to share?

Btw, about the pictures, i tried to do it the way you explained but i didn't get an image. Can you explain me where i should upload my pictures to get an immage?
it should work with imageshack just fine. Just use the direct link and insert it in the box that appears if you click on that little mountain icon.

http://imageshack.com/a/img853/8052/lgyd.jpg

That's the direct link for one of your pictures, you can copy it from imageshack.

For more info just have a look at the following thread:

http://collectorsedition.org/forums/...ad.php?t=11674

Even though I'm a big Souls fan. I only collect video game ce's and game guides. All the cool merchandise stuff gets way too expensive so I just try to stay away from it in general.

You can see my collection here, it's not up to date though. Some nice items like the Dark Souls II Webhallen Edition are missing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ayiu/

Last edited by Ayiu; 04-05-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:57 PM

Hi,

thanks a lot for the info about uploading the images! I found out that i had to use the 'direct link' in stead of the normal one. So It's working now
Yes indeed, the merchandise items are sometimes that expensive that they aren't worth it. I also only invest in them if i think the price fits the item. But according to your collecting, i see that you have the demon's souls Deluxe edition so that great Alltough your collection is not as big as mine, it's just about fun. If you still enjoy your hobby, then that's the most important

greetings,

Ruud
Old 04-08-2014, 04:07 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have a major update today! Believe it or not, but i was able to lay my hands on the original promo Looking Glass Knight Statue!

It came in this box, so it has to be legit

An overview of the statue can you see here:

It measures appoximately 33x28x18, but to show you graphically you can take a look at these 2 pictures:

Then, i also took a few detailed pictures from different angles, just some eye candy for all you guys ;D

The final place of the statue is in my wooden wardrobe. I wanted to put it in my glass showing case, but I don't know it it's 100% safe there because the statue weighs 6kg, and you never know with glass...

Because i missed the Link Dead Sif statue, i certainly wanted to get my hands on this one. To bad I didn't win this by a competition, luck was definatly not on my side alltough 20 of my friends joind in the competition. But somebody who won it sold it and it costed me a lot of negotiation to get this statue for a reasonable price so I'm as happy as can be! Just wanted to share this with you all.
If you want more pictures or something else, feel free to post here!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:16 PM

Dan's Flag is: United States California

Welcome to the forum mate, really jealous of your statue.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:34 AM

misterunboxers's Flag is: United States Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Welcome to the forum mate, really jealous of your statue.
Me too....

Rudd nice pick up though. Feel blessed as it is a true treasure.
8-10:30 PM EASTERN
20-22:30 EASTERN
TWITCH.TV/MISTERUNBOXERS
GameSkinny.com/gs/misterunboxers
Old 04-11-2014, 07:38 AM

underfox's Flag is: Europe France

What else can be said? You have a fantastic collection of one of the best franchise ever made.

Congrats and welcome