Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Introductions and Show-Off

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Spect3r's Avatar
Spect3r Spect3r is online now
Site Supporter
 
Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 907
Default Greetings from the sunny shores of Portugal

Hi everyone,

My name is Sérgio and im from Portugal.
After some hours spent browsing threw some of you guys collections i finally decide to post a few pictures of my not so amazing collection.

I been collecting only for about 8/10 months and I dont have anything really impressive or rare (yet ).
My favorite "collectibles" are Steelbooks and Statues/Figurines and my favorite type of games are RPG, Old School JRPG, Adventure and Stealth.

I am a true newbie so any tips that any of you more experienced collectors can give me will be greatly appreciated.

And since we are on it I have a couple of questions that maybe some of you guys/girls can help me with.

I) On average how rare are Press Kits? Im sure it will vary according with Producer/Publisher/Game/Franchise but on average how many are normally made? 5000? 10000? 500000?

II) Any tips on Websites that are must for any collector?
Not expecting you guys/girls to reveal your chicken of the golden eggs on purchases, talking about info here.

Updated Collection:

Steelbooks: http://collectorsedition.org/forums/...3&postcount=69
Assassins Creed and MISC: http://collectorsedition.org/forums/...4&postcount=70

Last edited by Spect3r; 11-04-2018 at 07:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-16-2017, 06:32 PM
GameTrigger's Avatar
GameTrigger GameTrigger is offline
Staff Member
 
GameTrigger's Flag is: Estonia Tallinn, Estonia
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,451
Default Re: Greetings from the sunny shores of Portugal

Welcome
Print run for PlayStation games press kit is usually about 2500
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-16-2017, 06:39 PM
Spect3r's Avatar
Spect3r Spect3r is online now
Site Supporter
 
Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 907
Default Re: Greetings from the sunny shores of Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTrigger View Post
Welcome
Thank you

Quote:
Print run for PlayStation games press kit is usually about 2500
I can better understand then why some of them get the values they get.
Also makes the 90€ i paid for the God of War: Chains of Olympus PK look a lot more worth
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-16-2017, 09:19 PM
xhunter's Avatar
xhunter xhunter is offline
Senior Member
 
xhunter's Flag is: United States Maine
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,670
Default Re: Greetings from the sunny shores of Portugal

Good start for a collection!

For websites, I use this one and eBay to find most everything I am looking for. Amazon it my go-to place for preorders.

If there is anything in particular you are looking for, feel free to make a wanted thread or post something here. I've found members here are quite good at locating what you are looking for.
__________________
Collection (I'll update soon) | For Sale | WTB: Nothing!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-16-2017, 10:30 PM
g6t9ed's Avatar
g6t9ed g6t9ed is offline
Member
 
g6t9ed's Flag is: United States Texas
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 364
Default Re: Greetings from the sunny shores of Portugal

I agree; good start to a collection!

I'm sure you'll find your way to getting more stuff, so I would suggest on focusing on what you want to collect: lithographs, editions, brand specific, IP specific, statues, etc. and from there you can hone in on where to find your sources.

Hope to see more updates!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-16-2017, 10:43 PM
Deathhound's Avatar
Deathhound Deathhound is offline
Member
 
Deathhound's Flag is: Germany Rapture
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 971
Default Re: Greetings from the sunny shores of Portugal

Welcome to the Forums!

Great start for a collection. We all began with small things. I still know how I only had a game and a Soundtrack before I started.

I can't wait to see more from your growing collection.
__________________

"A man chooses. A slave obeys."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-17-2017, 12:12 AM
Mar-l-Aoutat's Avatar
Mar-l-Aoutat Mar-l-Aoutat is offline
Member
 
Mar-l-Aoutat's Flag is: Canada Québec
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 506
Default Re: Greetings from the sunny shores of Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spect3r View Post



Nice collection.
Because of the way your Connor last breath statue is placed in front of Kenway, at first look I thought that you had a special edition where Kenway is using a tomahawk instead of his second pistol
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-17-2017, 05:58 AM
Spect3r's Avatar
Spect3r Spect3r is online now
Site Supporter
 
Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 907
Default Re: Greetings from the sunny shores of Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunter View Post
Good start for a collection!

For websites, I use this one and eBay to find most everything I am looking for. Amazon it my go-to place for preorders.

If there is anything in particular you are looking for, feel free to make a wanted thread or post something here. I've found members here are quite good at locating what you are looking for.
Thanks for the kind words and suggestions.


Quote:
Originally Posted by g6t9ed View Post
I agree; good start to a collection!

I'm sure you'll find your way to getting more stuff, so I would suggest on focusing on what you want to collect: lithographs, editions, brand specific, IP specific, statues, etc. and from there you can hone in on where to find your sources.

Hope to see more updates!
Thanks
Yes, for now my main focus are Statues and Steelbooks.
But i been buying a few other stuff (like the GTA: San Andreas OST) when is of games/franchises i like and they are at a good price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathhound View Post
Welcome to the Forums!

Great start for a collection. We all began with small things. I still know how I only had a game and a Soundtrack before I started.

I can't wait to see more from your growing collection.
Thank you
Indeed we all gotta start somewhere.
Hoping to have some more stuff coming in by the end of this month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar-l-Aoutat View Post
Nice collection.
Because of the way your Connor last breath statue is placed in front of Kenway, at first look I thought that you had a special edition where Kenway is using a tomahawk instead of his second pistol
Thanks... LOL it really does, never had noticed before actually
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-18-2017, 09:04 AM
Gunmaster51's Avatar
Gunmaster51 Gunmaster51 is offline
Site Supporter
 
Gunmaster51's Flag is: Canada Toronto, Canada
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 459
Default Re: Greetings from the sunny shores of Portugal

Welcome. AC statues and steelbooks? That's pretty much what I collect too lol. Love how you've positioned your Ezio leap of faith statue right at the top.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-18-2017, 01:01 PM
Spect3r's Avatar
Spect3r Spect3r is online now
Site Supporter
 
Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 907
Default Re: Greetings from the sunny shores of Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster51 View Post
Welcome. AC statues and steelbooks? That's pretty much what I collect too lol. Love how you've positioned your Ezio leap of faith statue right at the top.
Thanks
Yes, i like it how it seems he is actually jumping down from the shelf.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2008 - 2012 Aurobius LLC