Kotaku is reporting
on recently released details about the upcoming Limited Collector's Edition of Forza Motorsport 3:
Forza 3 will cost you $60. But the Forza 3 Limited Edition will cost you $80. What's jacking the price up by $20 get you? It doesn't look like it gets you much at all.
Those parting with the extra cash will receive:
So a couple of cheap trinkets, vague community perks and some in-game cars is worth $20 now? What a world we live in.
- a 2GB USB drive and a keychain, both "specially branded" (ie they've got the Forza logo on them)
- "Forza Motorsport VIP Membership", which will "entitle gamers to special treatment at the game's auction house, community storefront, and on the game's official forums."
- 5 cars, "available only through your VIP membership"
- "Exclusive Collector's Edition Car Pack", which is five cars that have been "hand tuned and hand painted by the developers at Turn 10"
- A Forza 3 dashboard theme.
So far it has only been reported for North America and looking at the listing
on GameStop's website they seem to be claiming that they will be the exclusive re-seller for this edition. Also interesting is that they will have a pre-order bonus of an additional downloadable car, the Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro. For both brick & mortar and online shoppers pre-ordering any edition of the game.
As of now the game is priced at about $80 and scheduled for released October 27th this year. While Kotaku doesn't seem to happy with the package's contence* I for one will be pleased as long as the case is of high quality, additional in-game content is always a sweet addition to any CE. I'm just happy that they're going to give the US a Forza CE this time around since we all had to import it last time.... View this article on the HomePage.